An Illusion

That is what this season was. I had been saying all season that while these great comebacks were wins the sloppy preparation that leads to them is an issue that needs to be addressed before luck runs out. We were the benefactors of an atrocious year in the B1G and Bo is far from ever returning this team to legitimate contenders. They glaring inability go Bo to get this team ready for big games is unbelievable and at this point undeniable. I cannot believe the amount of times we get blown out in big spots. I can handle close losses, but blowouts are never acceptable at any point. This game reminded me of 2007 USC.

While I am not calling for heads to roll I am calling into question what exactly Bo is doing to better prepare his teams? If you play like you practice, it is undeniable that something has to change. Bo had better pick up the phone and call Nick Saban in the off-season to figure something out or at least get someone in there to study there perpetration and provide ideas on how to improve.

Even though we are 10-3, it feels more like a 6-6 season. Probably because it should have been, but I will take the Outback bowl after ANOTHER embarrassing loss.

FYI, I am not hammered. I went to bed at halftime after a long day of work. Let the discussion begin on what Bo and his staff need to do in the off-season to fix the problem.

• Fire 2

You win 6 games in a row, you win 10 games, it's not an illusion, it really happened.

When will the time come for people to look at us and say, HEY! We won 10 games! That's pretty damn good!

(I'm preparing for the opposite of that statement too)

We're fans. We're always going to doubt wins and overanalyze losses. But you need to forget that and take a look from the outside: Nebraska won 10 games and is 10-3. That's not bad any which way you look at it.

We're fans. We're always going to doubt wins and overanalyze losses. But you need to forget that and take a look from the outside: Nebraska won 10 games and is 10-3. That's not bad any which way you look at it.

Yeah that's "not bad". Everyone gets humiliated in 40 point losses on national television every now and then, what's the big deal? Most rushing yards given up EVER? Eh, ain't that bad! :dunno

• Fire 6

So you guys are hunkey dorey with two more blowout losses and sloppy play that we got away with all year, just because we won a certain amount of games? Hmmmmm, I guess it is true then that we have become an average program.

Don't put words in people's mouths. The point being made is that we recognize the success we have had, realize that it is an accomplishment that very few teams can lay claim to, are thankful for it, and hoping that it can improve.

You win 6 games in a row, you win 10 games, it's not an illusion, it really happened.

When will the time come for people to look at us and say, HEY! We won 10 games! That's pretty damn good!

What I'm saying is even though we won 10 games this team is not even close to taking the next step. 10 wins is usually indicative of a good football team. However this team is not, it is an illusion that was created by a terrible down year for the B1G.

• Fire 2

So you guys are hunkey dorey with two more blowout losses and sloppy play that we got away with all year, just because we won a certain amount of games? Hmmmmm, I guess it is true then that we have become an average program.

Don't put words in people's mouths. The point being made is that we recognize the success we have had, realize that it is an accomplishment that very few teams can lay claim to, are thankful for it, and hoping that it can improve.

BOOM. People with ponies in their signatures (as well as the moderating team and the admins, and perhaps Bucky and The Dude) get the point being made.

Now excuse me as I have to go bury my head in the sand.

What I'm saying is even though we won 10 games this team is not even close to taking the next step. 10 wins is usually indicative of a good football team. However this team is not, it is an illusion that was created by a terrible down year for the B1G.

Down Big Ten, of which Wisconsin only found a way to win 7 games. Penn State, 8. Michigan State, 6, Michigan, 8.

To me the team seems on offense high risk/high reward. T-Mart makes unbelievable athletic plays. His scramble for a TD tonight was an amazing Harry Houdini escape. I was sure he was sacked for a loss and then we would punt, but it turned into a TD. At that point, I really thought we would come back. He makes great plays like that, but then he turns around and makes absolutely boneheaded plays like rolling out and throwing into heavy coverage instead of just throwing the ball away. It makes me wonder -- hasn't he been coached about when to just throw the ball away? Doesn't he know it's just not there on every play?

The D looked like the biggest mess I've ever seen in a Husker game. We got burned on the edge all day. Ran up the middle at will. They completed most all of the passes they wanted to. Three different runners gained over 100 yards each. Absurd! If the team keeps Bo, the D must be revamped. But he's been here 5 years. That's the unofficial going rate for a coach's window. It's not an absolute. You keep a coach after that who hasn't gotten it done if you think he has a good chance to get it done. After a game like tonight, that's highly questionable. If it had been a tight game with us coming up short by a single score at the end, then maybe we keep Bo and keep trying. However, this was a ridiculous embarrassment. I'd doubt any Husker fan thinks this is what Nebraska football is all about.

BOOM. People with ponies in their signatures (as well as the moderating team and the admins, and perhaps Bucky and The Dude) get the point being made.

I didn't make the cut? :( haha

You pony guys are good stuff.

I didn't make the cut? :( haha

**Amend the parentheses to say everyone beside the usual group**