An Illusion

I would have much rather had a 9 win regular season, and actually win something of importance, than to have a 10 win regular season and get blown out by a 7-5 team in the championship game.

That 10-3 looks a lot better with a championship next to it.

There's always next year I guess. I just shudder at the thought of Bo-Bo the Clown's defense going up against Braxton in next year's CCG.

This whole charade has once again exposed Pelini and what he is, a very over paid, marginally knowledgeable head football coach. In the most simple terms, he is an angry man, with extremely poor people skills, who cannot hire competent coaches and recruit quality players. It is the bottom line. Sad day in Husker football history, very sad!

This whole charade has once again exposed Pelini and what he is, a very over paid, marginally knowledgeable head football coach. In the most simple terms, he is an angry man, with extremely poor people skills, who cannot hire competent coaches and recruit quality players. It is the bottom line. Sad day in Husker football history, very sad!

/thread

I would have much rather had a 9 win regular season, and actually win something of importance, than to have a 10 win regular season and get blown out by a 7-5 team in the championship game.

That 10-3 looks a lot better with a championship next to it.

There's always next year I guess. I just shudder at the thought of Bo-Bo the Clown's defense going up against Braxton in next year's CCG.

We will have to get past Mich and Devin G first....not liking that match up. With as many balls bounced our way this year I worry that we won't get those breaks next year.

I would also like for everyone to stop bringing up the 9+ win bologna. That standard was set when we played 11 games a year and a down year was 9-2. Bo wins as many games but loses twice as many. Not the same at all...Bo needs to clean house in regards to his staff.

1. Barney and Garrison gone. People may disagree with Garrison but he is responsible for this OL product just like Barney.

2. Els gone. Average RC. Very poor ST coord and subpar LB coach. Coached mid major for 20 yrs for a reason.

3. Papuchis gone. It is Bo's defense but how he can defend his DC is Callahanish. Most rushing yards given up, allowing 60+ pts twice this season. The UCLA debacle to boot. Can't defend him if he really is the DC and if he isn't he hasn't helped the defense do anything productive obviously.

4. S&C program house cleaning. Pay Wisconsins S&C coach stupid money to come here. They are built like Nebraska used to be. Our OL and DL look small and weak and lack push when against a decent front.

5. SE needs to sit down with Bo and explain to him that these blowout losses show regression not progression in the product. Embarrassing losses will hurt us in so many ways.

All in all I was in total disbelief seeing us be so badly out coached. In all actuality what I saw I knew was there already. Bo can slide past below average to average teams but when facing a team with equal or slightly superior talent he is shown how inept he is as a coach and recruiter.

You need to surround yourself with the best of the best. When you look at our coaching staff which program would want our coaches in equal positions on their staffs? I am talking top 15 kind of teams which is what we should be every season.

We are not any closer to becoming elite than we were in year 1 or 2 of Bo. In all reality we have as mentioned before regressed. The losses are worse and last night it felt like Franks last year and that made me sick to my stomach

• Fire 2

didnt nick saban get absolutely destroyed by nebraska back in the day...he is doing pretty good for himself now...bo is in his 5th year as a head coach we will be lucky if he stays. Yes the blowouts blow,but bo has done a pretty good job. he is matching what a legend before him in osborne did with 9+ wins/yr. I would like to see perhaps a less complicated d line scheme and hopefully we can recruit some bigger d lineman for this conference. another problem is the fumbles, here is my thoughts, you have to absolutely take it personally as a player on the team to not fumble letting the rest of the team down, if you cant hold onto the ball then put the next guy in because it is hurting the team, thats just a couple things i hope we look into during the offseason and b4 the bowl game...we will see

Kinda odd that the W-L numbers are one off, plus a bowl blowout, that got Frank fired. A psychological workup of the team, especially the defense, would be interesting. Something along the lines of what happens when you visualize a successful performance on the field and "things" go awry very quickly. Hmmmmm.

didnt nick saban get absolutely destroyed by nebraska back in the day...he is doing pretty good for himself now...bo is in his 5th year as a head coach we will be lucky if he stays. Yes the blowouts blow,but bo has done a pretty good job. he is matching what a legend before him in osborne did with 9+ wins/yr. I would like to see perhaps a less complicated d line scheme and hopefully we can recruit some bigger d lineman for this conference. another problem is the fumbles, here is my thoughts, you have to absolutely take it personally as a player on the team to not fumble letting the rest of the team down, if you cant hold onto the ball then put the next guy in because it is hurting the team, thats just a couple things i hope we look into during the offseason and b4 the bowl game...we will see

Again he loses twice as many games as TO a year. You cannot compare the two. To never lost 70-31 and gave up 500 yds rushing either

bo took over a terrible team, osborne did not...heck you can go as far as saying osborne was with the program for many years b4 that, calm down. we made a conference change 2 years ago, we are a team built to stop the patty cake offenses of big12, we need to get players to stuff the run, along with scheme calm down. I am hoping these changes come soon so people will calm down...lol joke of a thread

If Bo doesn't clean house with his other coaches, he'll be gone, ask Callahan how hanging on to Cosgrove worked for him? We still won 10 games which is nice, but we just got blown out, again, on national television against a 7-5 team! I don't know what to think at this point, but "Big game Bo" strikes again. I know Stoops had that tag for awhile and now Bo does.

So you guys are hunkey dorey with two more blowout losses and sloppy play that we got away with all year, just because we won a certain amount of games? Hmmmmm, I guess it is true then that we have become an average program.

Don't put words in people's mouths. The point being made is that we recognize the success we have had, realize that it is an accomplishment that very few teams can lay claim to, are thankful for it, and hoping that it can improve.

We were gifted the MSU win. Gifted. The refs gave that one to us. That is the simple fact, take that win away and see how you feel about the season.