An Illusion

I'll take the wins, you always take the wins so to get to 10 wins is a great feat. At the same time, I think it is undeniable that we are a very weak 10 win team. Watching the season we could have easily lost 2 or 3 more. So I have no problem saying we are not as good as our record. I live in CA and will hear it all week..."How did you guys lose and get blown out? You were ranked and they were 7-5? You had 10 wins? What an upset!". I actually picked Wisky to win because I watch enough to know. When you play such sloppy football and poor defense you are not going to win big games against quality opponents. I didn't expect this blow out though and just exposes us as potentially as bad as I feared against top opponents.

To me the team seems on offense high risk/high reward. T-Mart makes unbelievable athletic plays. His scramble for a TD tonight was an amazing Harry Houdini escape. I was sure he was sacked for a loss and then we would punt, but it turned into a TD. At that point, I really thought we would come back. He makes great plays like that, but then he turns around and makes absolutely boneheaded plays like rolling out and throwing into heavy coverage instead of just throwing the ball away. It makes me wonder -- hasn't he been coached about when to just throw the ball away? Doesn't he know it's just not there on every play?

The D looked like the biggest mess I've ever seen in a Husker game. We got burned on the edge all day. Ran up the middle at will. They completed most all of the passes they wanted to. Three different runners gained over 100 yards each. Absurd! If the team keeps Bo, the D must be revamped. But he's been here 5 years. That's the unofficial going rate for a coach's window. It's not an absolute. You keep a coach after that who hasn't gotten it done if you think he has a good chance to get it done. After a game like tonight, that's highly questionable. If it had been a tight game with us coming up short by a single score at the end, then maybe we keep Bo and keep trying. However, this was a ridiculous embarrassment. I'd doubt any Husker fan thinks this is what Nebraska football is all about.

+1 good post.

Fine if you're worried about changes coming with getting rid of Bo, but what is the rationale for expecting Bo to become a better coach to the point that these blowout losses to mediocre teams stop?? Bo himself said tonight that he has no idea what happened. Much similar to what he said after OSU handed us our rear in columbus. Doesn't seem like there's a lot of learning going on there from a coaching/strategic level. If you say "he will get better recruits", then what the f&$@ has he been doing the past 5 years? If you say he will hire better assistants, he won't. If you say "he will change his scheme", his scheme has been almost the same the entire year.

So you guys are hunkey dorey with two more blowout losses and sloppy play that we got away with all year, just because we won a certain amount of games? Hmmmmm, I guess it is true then that we have become an average program.

Don't put words in people's mouths. The point being made is that we recognize the success we have had, realize that it is an accomplishment that very few teams can lay claim to, are thankful for it, and hoping that it can improve.

Man Knapp I've been around this bored a long time and I didn't think you we're the kind of guy to measure a seasons success on W/L's but on what you've got in the trophy case. To me this season is not a success at this point. The team made it a known fact that they were out to win one this year. Getting blown out in the opportunity for one is not success.

Man Knapp I've been around this bored a long time and I didn't think you we're the kind of guy to measure a seasons success on W/L's but on what you've got in the trophy case. To me this season is not a success at this point. The team made it a known fact that they were out to win one this year. Getting blown out in the opportunity for one is not success.

Well first off, I'm not knapp.....but thanks for the compliment of mistaking me for him? :S

I agree that the season was not a success. Bo has always defined success in championships, and did this season as well, and we came up short.

So you guys are hunkey dorey with two more blowout losses and sloppy play that we got away with all year, just because we won a certain amount of games? Hmmmmm, I guess it is true then that we have become an average program.

Don't put words in people's mouths. The point being made is that we recognize the success we have had, realize that it is an accomplishment that very few teams can lay claim to, are thankful for it, and hoping that it can improve.

BOOM. People with ponies in their signatures (as well as the moderating team and the admins, and perhaps Bucky and The Dude) get the point being made.

Now excuse me as I have to go bury my head in the sand.

You pony guys are good stuff.

Ok whats the pony thing here on husker board? I keep seeing it refered to, just curious. Someone please let me in on the joke.

Well first off, I'm not knapp.....but thanks for the compliment of mistaking me for him? :S

I agree that the season was not a success. Bo has always defined success in championships, and did this season as well, and we came up short.

Whoops I need to clean the sleep out of my eyes.

The goal was to win a conference championship. They did not, and they melted down in spectacular fashion.

I find it hard to view this season as a success.... a bowl win would do a lot to ease this angst though.

I think it's important to keep in mind that it is only not a success in terms of winning and losing. Yes, that is important, but it is not the entire totality of what defines our football program.

It should be considered an applaudable success that we ran a clean program with no violations.

It's another success that 29 players on this team (I think?) are going to graduate with college degrees.

Those are just two quantifiable examples. There are more that can be measured, and even more that can't.

BOOM. People with ponies in their signatures (as well as the moderating team and the admins, and perhaps Bucky and The Dude) get the point being made.

Now excuse me as I have to go bury my head in the sand.

You pony guys are good stuff.

Ok whats the pony thing here on husker board? I keep seeing it refered to, just curious. Someone please let me in on the joke.

It's not a joke. All the pony guys hang out together and have circle jerks. Don't let them draw you into their sick little cult.

• Fire 1

It's not a joke. All the pony guys hang out together and have circle jerks. Don't let them draw you into their sick little cult.

Don't know about that, but at least they do tend to reject any criticism of Bo the Humble. And curiously say the same things, all around the same time....

Don't know about that, but at least they do tend to reject any criticism of Bo the Humble. And curiously say the same things, all around the same time....

So you see it the same way I do...

20120118153940!Pinkie_Pie_crying_S2E13.png