Day after thoughts

Ok, believe me folks I'm having just as hard of a time as most of you taking in this loss. This was a chance for our program to take another step forward and do something we haven't done since 1993 in winning a conference championship. We went in there and laid an egg and it was disappointing to watch.

That being said though, this season is not a complete loss like it seems like a few people on this board have come to the conclusion of. We still have the chance to go to a Florida bowl against top competition and prove that we really do belong at the top and that last night was just a big flop. What would a win against a team such as LSU or Texas A&M from the mighty SEC conference do. Our national perception would be great and would give us a lot of steam heading into next season. I think after that game last night the team is going to come out with a lot to play for in the bowl game and show us all the team we expected to see last night.

Also, for those calling for Bo's head. Have patience please. I realize this was a really tough loss to take in but how many of us really believed that we would have a 10 win season this year. I know that I sure as hell didn't. Bo challenged the team to win out after the game against tOSU. At that time I was feeling about the same as I do right now and thought that it was absolutely crazy to call for that. But they did it. They won 6 straight against all odds. I think this speaks to Bo's character and the teams character. Bo has every one of those kids backs and they love playing for Bo everyday. So as I said earlier please Husker fans just show some patience. We're not ready for another big transition. We finally got back to the place where we're winning 9-10 games a season consistently. If we make a coaching change I truly believe this will set us back again and it's just not something that we can afford right now.

I am not one of those calling for Bo's head. We need to calm down and get ready for our bowl game. We got our ar$$es handed to us. Hard to believe Bo and Pap couldn't come up with a scheme to stop basically, two running plays all night. Shades of Bohl and the Col game. I am just as disappointed as the next Husker fan. Bo and his staff have a whole off season to think about it. Now they only need to think about our next game. 10 win season is nothing to be disappointed in. The way we lost is, but can't do any thing about that now, except win the bowl game and go out on a good note.

GBR!!!

I just got done saying that ive long been a bo supporter, and i'm not calling for his head, AND I dont think this season is a waste, in fact I love the character of this team,

However-last night we were flat outcoached....simple

Solution? Im not sure...bo gone? Nah pretty sure he's not the sole solution, plus I obviously am a fan of the men that this team produces, men with character, heart moral values, work ethic...any day of the week i'd take that over winning+the sh#t we've seen

But again-outcoached

This "10-3" season reminds me a lot of the 9-3 record Solich had in 2003. We won 9 games against weaker competition and were blown out in the 3 losses.

Given that we're 5 years into Pelini's head coaching regime, what in the world could make you think things will magically change that we won't see these embarrassing losses anymore?

I just got done saying that ive long been a bo supporter, and i'm not calling for his head, AND I dont think this season is a waste, in fact I love the character of this team,

However-last night we were flat outcoached....simple

Solution? Im not sure...bo gone? Nah pretty sure he's not the sole solution, plus I obviously am a fan of the men that this team produces, men with character, heart moral values, work ethic...any day of the week i'd take that over winning+the sh#t we've seen

But again-outcoached

We definitely got out coached last night that's for sure. Wisky was ready for everything we were going to throw at them and saw things in film that they could expose on us. And boy did they expose it. It just slays me how we couldn't make adjustments to it the whole game.

My day after thoughts........................."Is this real life?" How did what happen last night.................happen? If you would've told me that we were going to lose to Wisconsin 70-31 in the championship game I would laughed so hard I would've puked. That was embarrassing....................I'm still going to wear my red and support my Huskers, but good lord this team is like a giant head case.

This "10-3" season reminds me a lot of the 9-3 record Solich had in 2003. We won 9 games against weaker competition and were blown out in the 3 losses.

Given that we're 5 years into Pelini's head coaching regime, what in the world could make you think things will magically change that we won't see these embarrassing losses anymore?

Statistically we are worse than that team in average margin of defeat

I'm not saying things are magically going to change. I just don't think now is the time for a coaching change. Bo has brought us to the CCG 3 out of the last 4 years now and yes I realize we lost all 3 of them but that in itself is an accomplishment. Next year is the year to get it done. We have almost all of our offense back and a ton of potential on defense. If we can't get it done next year then I believe it's time we start looking for someone else.

Look at our coaching experience across the board...we are training coaches. This is Nebraska not the MAC. This is why we get out coached

It's embarrassing as a fan to watch your coaching staff stand on the sidelines befuddled not having any answers. Our staff is made up of inexperienced guys over their heads or others long in the tooth that were never great to begin with. It all comes down to coaching...the good ones come up with strong game plans based on watching film and then anticipating and making adjustments throughout the game. Why can't ours do that?

I'm not saying things are magically going to change. I just don't think now is the time for a coaching change. Bo has brought us to the CCG 3 out of the last 4 years now and yes I realize we lost all 3 of them but that in itself is an accomplishment. Next year is the year to get it done. We have almost all of our offense back and a ton of potential on defense. If we can't get it done next year then I believe it's time we start looking for someone else.

What teams did we beat to get to those CCGs? The BigXII North and the weakest the B1G has been in recent memory....we are devoid of coaching talent and player talent. We don't stack up to the top 15 at all. How are we closer to relevant? We are getting blown out worse than Cosgrove the last two seasons....odd that the more of Bo's recruiting classes our team has the more we lose by. We have known Bo's flaws for the last 5 years. They have been screaming at us and they have caught up. Hiring friends and buddies and putting in lackluster recruiting gets you to this point. I can handle a close loss where our team looks like it played its heart out and was well prepared. Problem is we don't have the horses for Bo's scheme and he refused to adjust to the talent he has.

We still have the chance to go to a Florida bowl against top competition and prove that we really do belong at the top and that last night was just a big flop. What would a win against a team such as LSU or Texas A&M from the mighty SEC conference do.

lol

After last night I didn't think it was possible for people to delude themselves into thinking we'd stand a chance against teams like that.

We still have the chance to go to a Florida bowl against top competition and prove that we really do belong at the top and that last night was just a big flop. What would a win against a team such as LSU or Texas A&M from the mighty SEC conference do.

lol

After last night I didn't think it was possible for people to delude themselves into thinking we'd stand a chance against teams like that.

I'm sorry that was poorly worded. Obviously both those teams are on a different level then we are. With a month of preparation who knows what could happen though.

I also think we got outcoached. It looked like the same issue as OSU. Backside run defense & poor tackling. I wonder if Wisky was game planning or taking a few snaps here and there for Nebr since the time they locked up the division? Reminds me a lot of Washington & Holiday bowl. What an embarrassment..

Overall a good season but they need to finish it now on a high note.