Day after thoughts

When I say react in a postive fashion I am talking about getting motivated to making tough choices to make your program better. Sometime you reach an epiphany when your at your lowest. Maybe he will change his philosophy a bit. The defense is more geared to stopping the pass than the run. Is that suitable for the Big 10? Or maybe it's just to complicated because they keep making the same errors. Maybe they should mix it up and play a little of Mcbride's defense where they play more free, more man and funnel things inside a bit. Maybe it's recruiting. Spending more time there. Fill those needs. Change the way you do some things.

Day after thoughts? Sad on many levels. Five years in we really are only a few baby steps away from the Callahan era. Sad that things will not be much different for a very long time. If Bo goes, it's more rebuilding. If Bo stays, well.....we saw how much good that can do last night. Sad that I so desperately want to not care about this football team anymore but I can't seem to stop. Sad that I thought all the futility records were done being set but we pulled maybe the most embarrassing one for NU football out of our pocket last night; most rushing yards allowed- ever. I was at the debacle in Boulder, last night seemed worse than that. The debacle in Boulder was really the first outward sign of program decline. The clownahan years dug the grave. And last night.........I don't have a good analogy, maybe; planting the RIP sign on my hopes that NU football would ever return to what I was accustomed to.

Callahan had to go but Bo was given a silver platter full of NFL talent. He needed to continue to recruit his backside off and we would not be where we are today. We have gradually lost talent year by year. Look at our class rankings...some will point to the avg star etc. problem is you will only get in a perfect world maybe 50% of your class to be worth a darn. You sign 18 kids you pray you get 9 solid players. Then the big boys sign 25-30 a year and get the deadweight to move on yearly. It is a game of numbers and we are losing severely.

Just so I understand your thought process:

You'd rather cheat like the "Big Boys" and ruin players lives to "win" a few more games a year?

Ok, believe me folks I'm having just as hard of a time as most of you taking in this loss. This was a chance for our program to take another step forward and do something we haven't done since 1993 in winning a conference championship. We went in there and laid an egg and it was disappointing to watch.

We won the Big - 8 conference championship in `94 and `95 (on the way to National Championships each of those years)

We won the Big - 12 conference championship in `97 (on the way to a National Championship) and also in `99

...and I don't care what the asshat Big -12 officials say, we also won the Big -12 title in 2009...the clock ran out...that second should have never been put back on the clock.

Yeah, I get your point...it's been a while since we won a conference title....but not quite as bad as you stated.

Day after thoughts? Sad on many levels. Five years in we really are only a few baby steps away from the Callahan era. Sad that things will not be much different for a very long time. If Bo goes, it's more rebuilding. If Bo stays, well.....we saw how much good that can do last night. Sad that I so desperately want to not care about this football team anymore but I can't seem to stop. Sad that I thought all the futility records were done being set but we pulled maybe the most embarrassing one for NU football out of our pocket last night; most rushing yards allowed- ever. I was at the debacle in Boulder, last night seemed worse than that. The debacle in Boulder was really the first outward sign of program decline. The clownahan years dug the grave. And last night.........I don't have a good analogy, maybe; planting the RIP sign on my hopes that NU football would ever return to what I was accustomed to.

Callahan had to go but Bo was given a silver platter full of NFL talent. He needed to continue to recruit his backside off and we would not be where we are today. We have gradually lost talent year by year. Look at our class rankings...some will point to the avg star etc. problem is you will only get in a perfect world maybe 50% of your class to be worth a darn. You sign 18 kids you pray you get 9 solid players. Then the big boys sign 25-30 a year and get the deadweight to move on yearly. It is a game of numbers and we are losing severely.

You'd rather cheat like the "Big Boys" and ruin players lives to "win" a few more games a year?

We are being out recruited by the likes of Vanderbilt and Virginia and Baylor and Illinois and wisconsin and arizona and rutgers. only a spot ahead of northwestern and Iowa State. Did Callahan cheat to get highly ranked classes? Or did he just apply himself? Oh what about Notre Dame or tOSU or Michigan? They cheat too? How is cutting deadweight ruining peoples lives??? Please explain this to me...

I would just say this: Don't over react Husker fans. You have a good coach and a good program. Our Badgers spent two weeks playing it as close to the vest as you can. It cost us two losses in OT, but meant nothing in the big picture, and the Nebraska coaches had NO film to suggest what Bielema pulled out yesterday.

It was a classic bait and switch.

So did Pelini get outcoached ? Yeah, probably, but it happens. It happens to all coaches.

In the last couple of weeks, I've watched games where I had no rooting interest, games with nationally recognized teams. And I've seen coaches do some really bone-headed moves. And I've thought, "Maybe our bone-headed coach (Bielema) is about the same as those bone-headed coaches."

You win, your coach is a genius. You lose, he's an idiot.

Those last two sentences are false.

• Fire 1

We are being out recruited by the likes of Vanderbilt and Virginia and Baylor and Illinois and wisconsin and arizona and rutgers. only a spot ahead of northwestern and Iowa State. Did Callahan cheat to get highly ranked classes? Or did he just apply himself? Oh what about Notre Dame or tOSU or Michigan? They cheat too? How is cutting deadweight ruining peoples lives??? Please explain this to me...

My point was clear- do you think it's right to cheat and ruin kids lives doing it?

case in point is the over-recruiting issue- and if you can not see why or how that could "ruin" a kids life, then I think I know the answer to my question.

My point was clear- do you think it's right to cheat and ruin kids lives doing it?

case in point is the over-recruiting issue- and if you can not see why or how that could "ruin" a kids life, then I think I know the answer to my question.

Again, how does it ruin a kids life? I want to hear you say it.

Ok, believe me folks I'm having just as hard of a time as most of you taking in this loss. This was a chance for our program to take another step forward and do something we haven't done since 1993 in winning a conference championship. We went in there and laid an egg and it was disappointing to watch.

We won the Big - 8 conference championship in `94 and `95 (on the way to National Championships each of those years)

We won the Big - 12 conference championship in `97 (on the way to a National Championship) and also in `99

...and I don't care what the asshat Big -12 officials say, we also won the Big -12 title in 2009...the clock ran out...that second should have never been put back on the clock.

Yeah, I get your point...it's been a while since we won a conference title....but not quite as bad as you stated.

Yes I realize that it was just a typo. My apologies

Yes I realize that it was just a typo. My apologies