Something we're forgetting..

This is our first two years in the B1G , we've had a brutal schedule. Our record could be a hell of a lot worse, but those loses we're suffered were brutal...

Next year, the schedule is more "manageable", and there's a pretty good chance, that they could find their way back to the B1G title game. Although we lose some winnable games, the sh*tstorm you see know will be a drop in the bucket to what it could be next year..

I've wondered the same thing. Thanks for putting it in words. There are obviously some faults that need to be corrected, both with the player quality and coaching abilities, but I'd not heard much about this angle. If our talent is truly bad, then that six game win stretch might have been more heroic than we imagined.

Bo is a middle of the pack coach in the B1G. He also has the most inexperienced staff....that doesn't sound like a tier 1 college football program. Urban and Hoke will continue to create an overall gap in talent and staff from the rest of us. Oh well we can clutter the shelves with runner up trophies

May I ask what would make you happy as a Husker Fan?

It is very simple, and it will continue. We do not have a top level coach, nor assistants. Bring in quality assitants or find ourselves falling farther and farther behind.

You can call Wisconsin average due to their results, but they were within a few points every game. What do you call us with 10 wins and at least four were questionable. I say we are lucky to have what we have and Wisconsin was unlucky to be where they were. But we can all agree they were a hell of lot better than average when we played them last Saturday. Or is the coaching defiencency so bad it is beyond belief. I never thought Bo would get blown out like that, lose big, but to have no answer for very very basic offensive plays was beyond belief for me.

We need people on the field that know what they are doing, currently we do not have a single coach that has a knats ass of experience compared to other top programs. Not because they left, but because we hired them. No job qualifications to speak of for this level of a job, just a friend. Friends in business very seldom works out. For those that really have no clue, this is BIG BUSINESS! And we are sinking faster than the Titanic.

Get qualified help or get out.

From what I understand part of the problem is the University isn't willing to pay the money needed to get better assistants correct?

Having a good 9-10-11 win record is good but that is not what makes or breaks the deal for me. Also, I don't need x amount of CCG appearances or victories in y amount of years. My desires are much simpler but obviously harder to achieve. I simply want to see the Huskers play very well. Limit turnovers, limit stupid penalties, reduce out of control meltdowns, and eliminate once and for all these embarrassing showings and this string of record setting futility marks. I don't feel that is too much to expect or wish for. If we just do those things the records and championships and big games will come back towards our favor. I mean in the grand scheme a loss is a loss. Doesn't matter on the record if it's 31-70 or 27-30 but, I can accept a well played, closely contested but still defeated effort a whole lot better than THAT abortion we witnessed Saturday. That has to stop and I mean now.

The B1G will be Ohio State's to lose for years to come. Meyer is a proven winner, no reason to think that wont continue. I couldn't imagine an Urban Meyer coached team ever being humiliated like we've been 4 times in just two years.

It's true. I keep trying to think of examples where top level coaches get embarrassed to the extent that we have. Urban's embarrassing loss was to Alabama a couple years ago. The difference? Alabama was 12-0, and the game was one score at halftime and still within two scores going into the fourth. Wisconsin was 7-5, and the game was over late in the second quarter. Florida did not set any bad stat records.

Hell, even Bielema, who most wouldn't consider in the top tier, has never really been embarrassed. Only 3-4 of his losses ever really got out of hand, and even those were not 70 point, all-time stat record type performances.

One example would be the "Old Ball Coach" in '96 NCG. We smoked 'em that year. I believe Florida did ok the following season.

Bo is a middle of the pack coach in the B1G. He also has the most inexperienced staff....that doesn't sound like a tier 1 college football program. Urban and Hoke will continue to create an overall gap in talent and staff from the rest of us. Oh well we can clutter the shelves with runner up trophies

May I ask what would make you happy as a Husker Fan?

1) a HC that understands he is only as strong as his weakest link in regards to his staff.

2) a coach that hires based on credentials and not previous relationships. We already missed on a very very good OC when we decided to promote Beck.

3) a HC that holds his assistants accountable for recruiting. If they slack they can go to the MAC.

4) a HC that can adapt on the fly and motivate players. More than "us against the world"

5) a coach that is personable to fans and media and is up to date with technology. (In recruiting you now have to understand the social media machine)

Those are five things just to name a few. Oh and a coach that doesn't float his name out every year about other positions. Bo's agent loves it

The schedule also sets us up to be a paper tiger. 8 home games, and the meat of the sched is in the last month. UCLA and NW are the toughest of the first 8. Its very possible they start 7-1 or 8-0, then go to Mich and get the doors blown off, like we have at every road game vs a good team.

Your point is actually what? we should actually move money away from the local economy why?

It is very simple, and it will continue. We do not have a top level coach, nor assistants. Bring in quality assitants or find ourselves falling farther and farther behind.

You can call Wisconsin average due to their results, but they were within a few points every game. What do you call us with 10 wins and at least four were questionable. I say we are lucky to have what we have and Wisconsin was unlucky to be where they were. But we can all agree they were a hell of lot better than average when we played them last Saturday. Or is the coaching defiencency so bad it is beyond belief. I never thought Bo would get blown out like that, lose big, but to have no answer for very very basic offensive plays was beyond belief for me.

We need people on the field that know what they are doing, currently we do not have a single coach that has a knats ass of experience compared to other top programs. Not because they left, but because we hired them. No job qualifications to speak of for this level of a job, just a friend. Friends in business very seldom works out. For those that really have no clue, this is BIG BUSINESS! And we are sinking faster than the Titanic.

From what I understand part of the problem is the University isn't willing to pay the money needed to get better assistants correct?

link or links

link or links

Isn't true at all. Bo is welcome to interview whoever he pleases. If he for example wanted an OC and DC with solid resumes the AD would open the wallet. Bo prefers his buddies that he has for the most part years of experience on....Bo started coaching college ball in 2003...and is a veteran coach on our staff. He seems to shy away from coaches that know a thing or ten

BRI,

I really do not know, I do know that a lot fo the money they play with comes from a booster in Texas. I know that he loves Bo, or did.

I have suggested that several times, but I am now feeling it is like state above. He wants no waves, he wants yes men. He bullies them, does their jobs and never seems to be teaching them. We never seem to see improvement in areas that are so basic.

I am honestly lost on this. This defeat is going to have major affects on this program, and if we follow it up with the likely loss to Georgia. God only knows where this program is headed.

It is like a snake with out a head, out of control, no sense of direction and no answer for how it got there.

This is getting sickening, as most on here are talking about how much easier the schedule is next year. Who Cares, we suck. Winning games means nothing if you can not compete with the better teams in the conference. We got killed by the third best in the leaders division, lucky to win some in our own division to even be there. So were happy about an easier schedule. What ever happened to being a proud program, that showed who we were on the field, not looking for ways to back in. I am sick of it. This is not the Nebraska I knew by any means.

Mack Brown makes 5 million a year and despite several assistant changes he's been rectally violated by his school's main rival (and really only tough opponent each year) to the tune of 40 points the last two years and has lost to KSUx five straight times.

it could always be worse...

There was rumor/gossip on the Finebaum show that Mack may take a move to assistant AD and walk away. The desired replacement is none other than Nick Saben and the offer will be 10 million or above. Who knows if it is even remotely close to being a thought let alone a fact. But to get the best you have to pay for it normally.

We went bottom basement budget, got less than we paid for and continually give it pay raises, while he shops his name at every opening. Loyalty would be nice for the amount he is paid. Far over what he really is, a good DC when he has tremendous talent. I am hoping he is hired away, that is the only way we can get rid of him in my mind. I do not want him fired as it will have an affect on hiring a replacement of a 10 win coach.

But I really do not see anyone taking him off our hands. Too much baggage, too much negative TV coverage. He will be here until he learns how to win the games needed to be won or drives us so far into the ground there will be no recovery. Fast forward.