To Kenny or not to Kenny

tmfr15

Now about just walling the defender off, the defender was going full boar, which means if Bell just tries to slow him down, he would have gotten blown up, risking injury to himself.

THIS! It was essentially kill or be killed in that scenario. He had no other choice.

Wasn't Kenny going FULL BOAR as well. Weren't they headed in roughly the SAME DIRECTION. This is like saying trading paint in a NASCAR race is the same thing as a HEAD ON collision. Right, that makes total sense there.

No. He wasn't. He just lit the guy up, and it was clean. Get over it. One of the biggest positives from the entire game, and you're on here bitching about it.

See, guys?! THIS is why we can't have nice things!!!

How can anything positive come from a 70-31 BEAT DOWN by a five-loss team that finished third in its division. Are we HOCKEY now? Sure, we didn't win the game. We didn't even come close. But we won the fights.

Now about just walling the defender off, the defender was going full boar, which means if Bell just tries to slow him down, he would have gotten blown up, risking injury to himself.

THIS! It was essentially kill or be killed in that scenario. He had no other choice.

Wasn't Kenny going FULL BOAR as well. Weren't they headed in roughly the SAME DIRECTION. This is like saying trading paint in a NASCAR race is the same thing as a HEAD ON collision. Right, that makes total sense there.

I wouldn't say a 5 yard sprint is Full Boar, so no Bell was not.

Your comparison of punching someone in the face at a bar and Bell's block is a COMPLETE laughter! Being on defense and going for a tackle, you EXPECT to get a block. Plain and simple.

Here is how I would compare Bell's block in a fighting situation... Two guys going at it, someone jumps in and tries to hit your friend, so you come out of nowhere and hit him. Not from behind because Bell didn't do that, and you co-c$%k the guy and knock him out. He deserved it because he was a pursuer and you were defending your friend. Your acting like it was a malicious hit. Bell felt bad for the guy, even looked for him after the game and gave him a hug. I have liked most of your posts on this board, but your absolutely insane today.

Seriously get off your high horse, it was a great CLEAN hit. The only reason the kid got hurt was because he landed on his head. From personal experience the thing that hurts most after a good decleater, assuming you don't land on your head, is your pride. Football is about collisions if you want people to play nice go watch badminton or something.

• Fire 3

Seriously get off your high horse, it was a great CLEAN hit. The only reason the kid got hurt was because he landed on his head. From personal experience the thing that hurts most after a good decleater is your pride. Football is about collisions if you want people to play nice go watch badminton or something.

I would add waterpolo in there too, but with people like this, they may have to wear floaties because of the chance of them drowning.

tmfr15, what's your take on Borland's tackle of Taylor? And the subsequent play where they went after his knees? Do you think those plays are OK?

What the hell does Borland have to do with it. We can't talk about Bell's block unless we go play by play and talk about all the dirty hits by the other team. Plus, I don't see how we can sit here and say, go ahead, don't push the guy out of bounds, LOWER THE BOOM. P.S., if you have our QB in the grasp, you can't spike him into the ground head first because that's just not fair.

I am a HUSKER FAN, so I don't want to see our QB be brutalized. Also, I don't want to see Kenny Bell rendered paralyzed from the neck down because he got some cheap ass crack back block after a Martinez pick. I am sure Georgia fan would say, well, the ball was intercepted, so Bell should have known he was going to be "blocked"

If we could, it would be easy to rewind this play and have Kenny push this guy out of bounds without lowering the boom on him. A two-handed shove gets him out of bounds and away from Turner without rendering him unconscience for 15 minutes or so.

You guys go ahead, keep wanting for these hits. Keep saying that guys need to....keep their head on a swivel. Someday, football won't be tackle anymore. It won't even be touch. It simply won't be at all. People are going to get tired of watching their loved ones turn into Jim McMahon by the age of 35.

Personally, I see much of this brutality as being akin to walking into the bar, walking up to a guy that has his back to you, tapping him on the shoulder and punching him in the face. Then, upon being told what a coward I am, I will just say, "He knew I didn't like him and that I might be coming to this bar tonight. He should have KEPT HIS HEAD ON A SWIVEL!

Have you ever played football?

When you're out there on the field, you don't have time to think about what you're going to do when you're supposed to be blocking. You see a guy going after the ball carrier and you have a chance to take him out of the play, you TAKE HIM OUT OF THE PLAY. You don't think about how you're going to do it, you just do it. I said it once, and I'll say it again: Kenny did exactly what he was supposed to do.

If football ceases to exist, it will be because people like you keep pushing for it to be less and less physical. These guys know what they signed up for. They understand the risks and are willing to take them. Yes, some people do end up suffering lifelong complications from playing football, but most don't. These things happen in life. The more the officials scrutinize hits like the one Kenny Bell made, the closer football is going to get to being two-hand touch, or not existing at all.

There's absolutely no parallel between fighting in a bar and making a legal block in a football game. People in a bar don't assume they're just going to get punched out of nowhere. People on a football field know they're going to get hit. There's absolutely no comparison whatsoever there.

Seriously get off your high horse, it was a great CLEAN hit. The only reason the kid got hurt was because he landed on his head. From personal experience the thing that hurts most after a good decleater, assuming you don't land on your head, is your pride. Football is about collisions if you want people to play nice go watch badminton or something.

Dude badminton is intense!

tmfr15, what's your take on Borland's tackle of Taylor? And the subsequent play where they went after his knees? Do you think those plays are OK?

What the hell does Borland have to do with it. We can't talk about Bell's block unless we go play by play and talk about all the dirty hits by the other team. Plus, I don't see how we can sit here and say, go ahead, don't push the guy out of bounds, LOWER THE BOOM. P.S., if you have our QB in the grasp, you can't spike him into the ground head first because that's just not fair.

I am a HUSKER FAN, so I don't want to see our QB be brutalized. Also, I don't want to see Kenny Bell rendered paralyzed from the neck down because he got some cheap ass crack back block after a Martinez pick. I am sure Georgia fan would say, well, the ball was intercepted, so Bell should have known he was going to be "blocked"

It has to do with the fact that you're calling out one of our players for a perfectly legal block while not mentioning AT ALL an actual unnecessary hit by the other team until asked about it. Man up and stop whining about our players doing their jobs.

It has to do with the fact that you're calling out one of our players for a perfectly legal block while not mentioning AT ALL an actual unnecessary hit by the other team until asked about it. Man up and stop whining about our players doing their jobs.

If our players were doing their jobs, our team would be in the ROSE BOWL. Not the Capitol One.

If our players were doing their jobs, our team would be in the ROSE BOWL. Not the Capitol One.

I've posted my response in the woodshed.