PG Next Year

Now that we got Tai Webster to officially sign his LOI what do you think we wil do next year at Point Guard? I know the season is real early but Benn Parker has done an excellent job at the point this year and his assist/turnover ration isnt too bad either. Tai is a natural PG but maybe we could move him to the 2 guard? Or possibly run a 2 PG set? If that is the case what do we do with Biggs? I'm all in favor of that especially if we are trying to transition into a faster, more upbeat offense. Either way I am excited for the future and getting Tai was huge for the program!

It's a nice to problem to have, huh? How many times have we been able to say that when talking about Nebrasketball?

I'm excited to see any combination of Webster, Parker, Biggs @ #1 with Gallegos @ #2 next year. Lots of quickness between those 4 guys.

I would say you will see something like this:

Starters/backup

1- Biggs/Parker/Webster

2-Gallegos/Webster/Biggs

My assumption is you will see a lot of Parker/Gallegos because Gallegos is a shooter.... Biggs/Webster allows Webster to get some open shots with Biggs running the point.

You can also throw Hawkins/Fuller in at some 2/3.

I honestly think we have an excellent future at the 1/2/3... My concern is the 5 next year. Vucetic looks small.. So one of the transfers needs to step up..

Personally I think it will be Biggs with Parker backing him up. Webster or Hawkins will get a look but ultimately I think they end up in the rotation at the SG spot for the first year. I would not be surprised to see 2 of the 3 freshmen redshirt. Could also be a possibility that Parker redshirts if one of the newcomers breaks through at PG. Then I would think that only 1 of the 3 freshmen would redshirt if one plays point.

Personally I think it will be Biggs with Parker backing him up. Webster or Hawkins will get a look but ultimately I think they end up in the rotation at the SG spot for the first year. I would not be surprised to see 2 of the 3 freshmen redshirt. Could also be a possibility that Parker redshirts if one of the newcomers breaks through at PG. Then I would think that only 1 of the 3 freshmen would redshirt if one plays point.

I don't think any of the incoming players will RS. We are losing Talley, Peltz will get pushed way down the depth chart and Miles will be playing a fair amount of smaller lineups.

I don't think any of the incoming players will RS. We are losing Talley, Peltz will get pushed way down the depth chart and Miles will be playing a fair amount of smaller lineups.

I agree, these newbies will play from day 1. Then in 2014 we will bring back several experienced underclass men who just need a few bigs to play ball. Is it bad to be more excited about the future of the bball program than the football program??

I agree, these newbies will play from day 1. Then in 2014 we will bring back several experienced underclass men who just need a few bigs to play ball. Is it bad to be more excited about the future of the bball program than the football program??

It's all relative. Duke fans would be pissed to be in our situation for basketball, just like we'd be pissed to be in theirs for football, even though both teams are hitting unusual highs for their less popular programs.

The reason why I suggested redshirts as a possibility is because for the most part once you get past 10 players it's hard to get minutes. Depending how things shake out. So that means 1 player might get pretty skimpy minutes. You could also make a pretty solid 9 man rotation because of the versatility of the players. That means you could shirt 2. It's all speculation but I think it's possible.

Pitchford,Serge,Rivers,Petteway,Shields,Fuller,Hawkins,Gallegos,Webster,Biggs,Parker.