Attitude going into bowl game

This team has got to have an "us against the world" attitude going into the bowl game. When Bo first got here, he brought that attitude. I haven't seen that out of him lately.

We are going up against a team that was less than 5 yards away from playing for the National Championship. This is this team's chance to prove that the Wisconsin game was nothing more than an embarrassing blip that cost them the conference championship. It should absolutely piss off every coach and player in our program to go out and prove something. After the OSU embarrassment Bo challenged this team to win out and they did it. After this embarrassment, he needs to challenge them again. They need to come out and prove that they are a better team than that.

To me, the SEC needs to prove that they are the top dog in the country like so many people think they are. Last year they won an NC without having to go out and earn it outside their conference. The BCS basically gave handed the conference the championship...it was just a matter of which team.

This year, they are being made to go out and earn it by playing someone else. I for one will be rooting for ND even though I can't stand them.

Nebraska needs to hold up their end of the bargain and prove that their second place team isn't better than the second placed team in our conference.

The SEC very well might prove once again they are better. But, Nebraska needs to put up a fight and MAKE them prove it.

Do you really think the Huskers are the 2nd best in the B1G? Ohio State is the best. Wisconsin is next and NU is third... and the gap between NU & Penn State is very narrow. The Huskers are light years beneath OSU and a huge way down from Wisconsisn.

And... I think the #5 or #6 team in the SEC is too much for the Huskers... Georgia, the #2 SEC team is likely better than even OSU. On paper... the likelihood of the Huskers putting up much of a fight... no matter their attitude... is very low. But you are correct a good attitude is better than a bad one

First of all.....I didn't say "second best". I said "second place". There is a difference.

Also, in the end, it doesn't matter one hill of beans who is the "best" or second "best". That is why they prove it on the field. If OSU wants to be part of the conversation, stop getting themselves on probation. Nebraska earned that second place. As much as I wanted the "first" place, we didn't get it.

Second....my post wasn't about the attitude of the fans. It was about the attitude the players and coaches need to have. Now, if you are saying the players and coaches need to realize they suck and they don't have a chance and they are at best third place in a bad conference and they are just lucky to be where they are.....why are they spending the money even going to the bowl game?

Third....no, I don't believe Wisconsin is that much better than us and our first game proved that. Talent wise, I think we are pretty dang close. Mentally going into the CCG, we were on totally opposite ends of the planet.

Like I said, this team needs to have an "us against the world" mentality. That is when they seem to do best and when Bo does the best job of motivation.

First of all.....I didn't say "second best". I said "second place". There is a difference.

Also, in the end, it doesn't matter one hill of beans who is the "best" or second "best". That is why they prove it on the field. If OSU wants to be part of the conversation, stop getting themselves on probation. Nebraska earned that second place. As much as I wanted the "first" place, we didn't get it.

Second....my post wasn't about the attitude of the fans. It was about the attitude the players and coaches need to have. Now, if you are saying the players and coaches need to realize they suck and they don't have a chance and they are at best third place in a bad conference and they are just lucky to be where they are.....why are they spending the money even going to the bowl game?

Third....no, I don't believe Wisconsin is that much better than us and our first game proved that. Talent wise, I think we are pretty dang close. Mentally going into the CCG, we were on totally opposite ends of the planet.

Like I said, this team needs to have an "us against the world" mentality. That is when they seem to do best and when Bo does the best job of motivation.

i agree, they arent a better team than us on paper, the stats of the game may have showed it, but they are not a better OVERALL team, we just were not prepared for the run as well as we thought, nor do i think they realized how often WIS was gonna run the ball right at our mouth.

to beat Georgia they need to go out and play sound football as a team playing with a purpose and some pride

^^^^This^^^^especially If OSU wants to be part of the conversation, stop getting themselves on probation

I Also believe Rex and the other Seniors will see to the attitude part.........

if the players are not pissed off about the last game...they will never be pissed off.

its not so much a matter of being angry or being pissed off, just need to play with some heart. go win a game for your state and help put yourself back on top..

Oh, I wouldn't mind seeing a little pissed offness ala Christian Peter pump up video. We need some crazy m'fers to get this team ready to play in my opinion.

This team has got to have an "us against the world" attitude going into the bowl game. When Bo first got here, he brought that attitude. I haven't seen that out of him lately.

We are going up against a team that was less than 5 yards away from playing for the National Championship. This is this team's chance to prove that the Wisconsin game was nothing more than an embarrassing blip that cost them the conference championship. It should absolutely piss off every coach and player in our program to go out and prove something. After the OSU embarrassment Bo challenged this team to win out and they did it. After this embarrassment, he needs to challenge them again. They need to come out and prove that they are a better team than that.

To me, the SEC needs to prove that they are the top dog in the country like so many people think they are. Last year they won an NC without having to go out and earn it outside their conference. The BCS basically gave handed the conference the championship...it was just a matter of which team.

This year, they are being made to go out and earn it by playing someone else. I for one will be rooting for ND even though I can't stand them.

Nebraska needs to hold up their end of the bargain and prove that their second place team isn't better than the second placed team in our conference.

The SEC very well might prove once again they are better. But, Nebraska needs to put up a fight and MAKE them prove it.

I agree that our team might have the "us against the world " mentality. but they have to with the beating they took. What I am not sure about is if you are serious about the SEC needing to prove that they are the "top dog" in the country right now? Did you just wake up from a comma?? They have dominated by winning the last 6 maybe 7 championships, I understand that they don't play anyone outside of the SEC but you can not argue that they keep winning the thing that everyone else wants.....

I am guessing they have a "this is likely the last game of football I will ever play" attitude.

I'm not joking at all. They need to prove it every year. When it gets to this time of year, what they did last year doesn't mean squat. Then throw in that last year they didn't have to go outside the conference to win it.

It is every teams job that plays them to knock them to not let them proved it again.

I agree that our team might have the "us against the world " mentality. but they have to with the beating they took. What I am not sure about is if you are serious about the SEC needing to prove that they are the "top dog" in the country right now? Did you just wake up from a comma?? They have dominated by winning the last 6 maybe 7 championships, I understand that they don't play anyone outside of the SEC but you can not argue that they keep winning the thing that everyone else wants.....

Remember, UGA and Nebraska are only ranked 8 spots apart in the BCS.

Remember, UGA almost lost to Kentucky. It came down to the last drive.

Remember, UGA got blown out by a mediocre South Carolina team.

Remember, UGA lost the SEC CG last year, and went on to lose to Michigan State in the Outback bowl.

Yes, UGA is playing some really good football right now, but if psyche and attitude were ever going to be a deciding factor in a game, it's this game.

I think there are some valid criticisms of the SEC in regards to inflated respect and therefore inflated poll standings. However, I also thinking the top six teams tight now in the SEC could probably hang with anyone in the country. I think where the SEC get's the benefit of the doubt is where we (in the SEC) and sometimes the national media as well think our top teams are better than everyone else's top teams. The top teams in each conference (Ohio State, Oregon, Stanford, Kansas State (this year), OK State, Texas) can also hang with anyone in the country. I do think the SECs top end is a little stronger top to bottom, but to think that the very best would not be competitive with the SEC or in the SEC is inflated thinking.

Kentucky ran right at us and blocked and ran hard up the gut and it was difficult for us to stop them on long protracted drives. I think we got a little better after that game, but Bama obviously did the same thing.

USCe just out coached us. They hit wide open receivers and then while we were focused on Lattimore, they ran the QB. It seemed to do more with the "Old Ball Coach" out scheming the Georgia Staff than terrible play by the defense and offense. Once we got behind, we couldn't really establish the run and the talented USCe defense was able to pin their ears back and attack Murray.

We do have a tendency to play down in bowl games that we really aren't too excited to be at. I don't know how it will be this year. When this team gets a chip on it's shoulder it can play with anyone, but if they are not inspired, it can be like they are just going through the motions.

I, personally, am looking forward to a playoff where we will get to see more competition from different teams for the national championship. if the SEC still comes out on top, there will really be little debate.

Remember, UGA lost the SEC CG last year, and went on to lose to Michigan State in the Outback bowl.

Yes, UGA is playing some really good football right now, but if psyche and attitude were ever going to be a deciding factor in a game, it's this game.

If we are mediocre, what are y'all? We destroyed y'all 35-7 this year.

If we are mediocre, what are y'all? We destroyed y'all 35-7 this year.

That was written by a Nebraska fan, c$%k. Maybe if you got that thing out of your ear.......

• Fire 1

I hope the Huskers make it fun. Play loose and make it fun. I wonder if all the mistakes aren't just a result of a crazy amount of tension.

I'll use another golf metaphor (seem to have a bunch of these today) - instead of filling your head with too many swing thoughts and mechanics, stick to one or two really basic idioms, and carry it through. Give every player a couple of simple instructions, and tell everyone to go out and fly to the ball, and enjoy themselves doing it.

Embrace the underdog role and play with nothing to lose.