:lol: that would've been awesome. I thought about just waving and going on about my day, but he just kept it up and kept it up. Takes a lot to finally get to respond to something in a negative fashion, but once I do, you'll get an earful. If it was just me, fine, we'll do what we got to do, but in front of my son....................had to be careful.

He sounds as sick as the gal who drove on a sidewalk because she didn't want to wait for the school bus...this nut job should be ordered to stand on a corner by Nebraska's football stadium and hold up a sign.."Honk, if you love the Huskers".

Fun fact about driving on the sidewalk: They made a law out here here that you have to give "walkers" three feet of space when they are walking in the street... even if there is a sidewalk. It's so stupid. These dumb asses don't use the sidewalk, but just walk out in the street.

Bigrediowan read your story and your not the only who has recieved the one figure salute over here, I currently drive a slate blue Silverado with a 6" red N and 2" white lettering on my back widow that says cornhuskers I have received numerous gesture from iowa drivers going down I-235 at 5 in the morning and in the afternoon when I get off work I just hold 5 fingers and then point at them and hold up my fist representing 0 and then it finally dawns on them and they pull away in disgust, a few years ago I had grey Silverado with the same 6" N and 2" white lettering that said IN THE DEED THE GLORY on the back window and I had a lot of people ask me what that meant and I would have to tell them, plus its just as bad at work telling me how Nebraska sucks and that Hawkeyes are 10x's better, I just keep telling them that the Valley high School football team can beat the hawkeyes by 50 and thats on a bad day, plus your not only one that hates living here, lived here for 12 years and I am so ready to go back to nebraska.

is there any chance you got his plate#?

No, I didn't get his plate. At the second light I did identify myself as a police officer and asked him if he was aware of the harassment laws in Iowa, that's about the time he backed off. I don't like doing that because being a cop had nothing to do with it, but when push comes to shove enough is enough. The dumbass had no idea who he was flipping off.................what if I was a gang banger and I decided to shoot him? Didn't think about that crap and in this day and age you need to think about those things. Yes, I had a gun in the truck in case the guy was a complete and utter nut job. I have a spot in my truck inside the cab that is easily accessible that locks should the need arise. That way I can keep it safe away from the boys and no one really knows about it, but me. Not saying I would've done anything like that, but the guy was obviously a few screws loose if he did something like that?!

Then the world would be a better place.

Bigrediowan read your story and your not the only who has recieved the one figure salute over here, I currently drive a slate blue Silverado with a 6" red N and 2" white lettering on my back widow that says cornhuskers I have received numerous gesture from iowa drivers going down I-235 at 5 in the morning and in the afternoon when I get off work I just hold 5 fingers and then point at them and hold up my fist representing 0 and then it finally dawns on them and they pull away in disgust, a few years ago I had grey Silverado with the same 6" N and 2" white lettering that said IN THE DEED THE GLORY on the back window and I had a lot of people ask me what that meant and I would have to tell them, plus its just as bad at work telling me how Nebraska sucks and that Hawkeyes are 10x's better, I just keep telling them that the Valley high School football team can beat the hawkeyes by 50 and thats on a bad day, plus your not only one that hates living here, lived here for 12 years and I am so ready to go back to nebraska.

I'd move out of this state in a heartbeat if the wife would agree to it, but we've both lived here our entire lives.