So one of my boys stayed home today cause he's sick and I decided to take him out and knock out some of the Christmas shopping for momma. I'm driving down University in West Des Moines westbound. I have a 2011 Victory Red Chevy Silverado. I've covered the front Chevy emblem and the rear Chevy emblem with a red bowtie with a white N in the middle. I further have a Nebraska sticker in my back window. So I'm driving down the road minding my own business when this guy pulls up next to me in a white Ford F-150. He proceeds to flip me off while we are driving down the road and doesn't lower his arm!? I'm like, "I know I didn't cut this guy off, I was the only vehicle on the road when I pulled out of my last stop and I didn't change lanes?" Then I notice the Iowa sticker in his back window along with the Iowa hat he's wearing. So we get side-by-side at a stop light and I put my hands up and ask him what his problem is? He says, "Your f'ing Husker sticker is my problem and f#*k you!" I asked him if that was the only reason he was flipping me off and causing a scene and he said, "Yeah!" I proceed to point out to him that I have a three year old in the truck with me and it's pretty awesome that he chooses to use that language in front of him along with flipping me the bird cause I happen to like the Huskers. I further point out to him that I've lived in this state my entire life and this is the EXACT reason why I'm not a Hawk fan....................cause ALL of their fans are giant d-bags. So he flips me off again and at this point I'm pretty pissed off, but the light turns green. We keep going down the road and he still keeps flipping me off.................the next stoplight turns red and I've had enough. So I turned the stereo up so my kid couldn't hear me and told him to ignore daddy for a second. Stuck my head out the window and just let the guy have it. I think this is when the guy realized that he's probably screwed with the wrong guy and I'm not going to take his crap. He puts his hands up in a "Okay, sorry for being a dick" type of motion and I tell him that he needs to get a life and quit judging how successful his life is by how his team plays. It's probably a good thing my boy was with me cause I might have ripped this guy out of the truck, dragged him to the curb, and beat him until he pissed blood. Could not believe that happened.......................I hate living here.

• Fire 5

When we lived in Des Moines, I told my wife I will root for either Iowa or ISU as long as they aren't playing Nebraska.

Well, it didn't take long before I absolutely couldn't root for Iowa and it's all because of their fans. This was during the 90s when we were winning championships. On St Patty's day I was at the irish pub that everyone goes to in West Des Moines. (Can't remember the name but they put up a big tent in the parking lot. (Sully's???))

Anyway, I simply had a Husker hat on and enjoying the green beer. I find myself in the middle of the bar about going nose to nose with this idiot Hawkeye fan. I honestly couldn't believe it and neither could any of my friends. I am not a fighter and I can honestly say I have never been in a bar fight. But, this dude just wouldn't let it go.

Most of them are alright and I have many good friends who are Hawkeye fans. BUT, they then have these guys who absolutely can not control themselves with their rage towards the Huskers.

Man, that is absolutely ridiculous. I know you can more than take care of yourself, I'm just sorry your kid was there to see it. That sucks. And no...I actually don't think it would've mattered if your kid was in the car or not. I get the sense that had you been alone, your first unedited verbal exchange with this complete piece of garbage would've been sufficient to back him off. I don't know why, but I bet you're pretty intimidating when you're pissed.

Then again, this is an Iowa fan we're talking about. Sorry again man...what a sad, pathetic person. I bet his life is miserable.

That guy is a Chode Warlock lvl 56.

Any person that would act like that, based SOLELY on a vehicle's stickers, is a worthless breathing piece of meat.

A person that behaves like that brings nothing good to the table and contributes nothing good to the world.

I hope he dies soon and never reproduces.

is there any chance you got his plate#?

No, I didn't get his plate. At the second light I did identify myself as a police officer and asked him if he was aware of the harassment laws in Iowa, that's about the time he backed off. I don't like doing that because being a cop had nothing to do with it, but when push comes to shove enough is enough. The dumbass had no idea who he was flipping off.................what if I was a gang banger and I decided to shoot him? Didn't think about that crap and in this day and age you need to think about those things. Yes, I had a gun in the truck in case the guy was a complete and utter nut job. I have a spot in my truck inside the cab that is easily accessible that locks should the need arise. That way I can keep it safe away from the boys and no one really knows about it, but me. Not saying I would've done anything like that, but the guy was obviously a few screws loose if he did something like that?!

• Fire 1