VolQuest Reporting That Bo Has Reached Out to Tennessee

:P

I remember awhile back (a year or so ago?) in a different thread when you suggested this hiring model. One thing for sure, we'd be breaking the mold. It'd certainly give major sports news outlets something new and different to write about. I like your idea, however farfetched it might seem.

yeah, posted it in the "who would you hire" thing today too. before I was always thinking about a trev alberts as a director of football operations/HC type. but joe moglia is perfect now.

Shoot an e-mail to Eichorst, if Bo ends up leaving. Sometimes an idea needs to find its way to the right people. ;)

@footballscoop At Arkansas, several agents & coaches felt that Bo Pelini had the job…and then Wisconsin rolled them Saturday night

If what knapp posted is true about Bo having the Arkansas job locked up until the conference title game fiasco went down... then this would make too much sense. Way too much sense.

Zero truth. The Arky AD has told one of our best boosters out of Texas that he didn't talk to him or even approach him about the job. This guy's wife is friends with Longs and they talk regularly.

sounds like something somebody would say if they were trying to hide the fact that they were going after bo at some point.

In seriousness if Bo does really leave for Tennessee or wherever -- seems highly dubious at this point -- and we are left without viable options (Chris Petersen, Al Borges are a few of the names tossed around frequently), I think we can look in-house and promote Beck, and let him hire his own staff. He'd need heavy hitting, experienced OC/DC to start, of course. But Beck is a capable individual. Obviously ideally Bo remains.

In seriousness if Bo does really leave for Tennessee or wherever -- seems highly dubious at this point -- and we are left without viable options (Chris Petersen, Al Borges are a few of the names tossed around frequently), I think we can look in-house and promote Beck, and let him hire his own staff. He'd need heavy hitting, experienced OC/DC to start, of course. But Beck is a capable individual. Obviously ideally Bo remains.

I just don't think Beck has the "CEO" type experience required for the position. Bo doesn't either - in the past he's compensated for it by putting a solid defensive product on the field. We've all let it slide. But to be a "complete" program we need this - either Bo growing into it or us finding it elsewhere. I think it starts here. It's the 1st part of the job description. We've pushed it down towards the bottom lately. When you hear NFL execs talk about Chip Kelley's potential as an HC at the next level...it's not the wins/losses they are talking about - it's how he runs his program and his practices. Sometimes I feel like Bo doesn't run the program, he's just along for the ride.

That's the part I'm banking Beck has in him. He's always pulled more than his weight on this staff, is one of our top recruiters (if not the top), and has always handled the media pretty well. I'd like to see what he can do if/when Bo leaves.

we gambled on a young coordinator with more experience last time. i just don't want to gamble another 5-6 years of the program on another. i'd love to see the guy that comes in keep him (likely someone like Moglia would) - but just don't trust handing over a top25 D1 program to Beck - not yet anyway. I think we can do better. And while Beck would be set for life - it could be a quick career killer for him. Not an ideal scenario, and while tough to turn down that kind of money I personally would advise him to choose a different path/program to make a break into HC. (would have told Turner Gill the same thing about Kansas)

Posted Today, 02:26 PM

Here, I'll just lock the thread since everyone has their panties is such a bunch about it. I mean this is rumorville and a rumor was created, so from now on we'll just make sure that no untrue threads are posted anywhere on the board and you have to prove it with a direct link from a reputable site before the thread is approved. Not in the B.S. Forum, not in the woodshed, no where................how's that?

It wasn't the fact that it was a rumor - it was the fact that it was obviously (and admittedly) an attempt to troll for a reaction.

Here, I'll just lock the thread since everyone has their panties is such a bunch about it. I mean this is rumorville and a rumor was created, so from now on we'll just make sure that no untrue threads are posted anywhere on the board and you have to prove it with a direct link from a reputable site before the thread is approved. Not in the B.S. Forum, not in the woodshed, no where................how's that?

It wasn't the fact that it was a rumor - it was the fact that it was obviously (and admittedly) an attempt to troll for a reaction.

You were told what to do with the admins, just stay on topic about VolQuest apparently saying Bo has reached out to Tennessee.

You were told what to do with the admins, just stay on topic about VolQuest apparently saying Bo has reached out to Tennessee.

since it's highly likely they got that info from a troll here - then i'd say it's still on topic.

since it's highly likely they got that info from a troll here - then i'd say it's still on topic.

No it's not, since you posted something from another thread that had nothing to do with the topic here other than it was me saying we'll just lock the thread since everyone is up in arms about it. I already let the admins know about it so we'll just let them deal with it. Back to Bo to Tennessee.................

Well golly, you can get inferred to as an idiot by a poster without that poster getting in trouble, yet when you make a thread of satire about a mod that is obviously a joke and no ill will was put forth, you get your thread deleted? It's rumorville right?

Just keeping things cleaned up like we do on the rest of the board, no different than locking up duplicate topics, garbage topics, and joining same topic threads together.