VolQuest Reporting That Bo Has Reached Out to Tennessee

I've said this every year his name comes up during the carousel month. If Bo isn't happy here, then I'm okay with him looking for another job. I like Bo. Always have. Wild mood swings, be damned. Having said that, I too, want someone that wants to be here. If Bo is just biding his time in hopes of landing elsewhere, then it's time our AD step in and help him land somewhere else. It'd be in everyone's best interest.

I'd +100 if I could on this. These are exactly my sentiments.

You're a mod make it happen.

Bo has always struck me as more of a merc than someone that has his heart at Nebraska. I suppose that if I felt otherwise about him and really felt that his heart was here, I'd have a lot more patience with him as our coach.

It has always surprised me that Tennessee hasn't been able to be better than what they have been. SEC school with a huge stadium that is packed every Saturday with rabid fans. I'm sure they have the money to compete with anyone on facilities and coaches.

I guess of any of the SEC teams, I like Tennessee the most. Maybe it's because I was always a Peyton Manning fan. But, honestly, I don't understand why they haven't been able to have the success that LSU and Alabama have had.

I'm guessing you are in your teens? From around 1985-2004 Tennessee was one of the top 5-10 programs in the nation. Up until 2009 Tennessee was the winningest program in the nation since 1926. Tennessee has the 2nd most SEC wins & SEC Titles. Tennessee's facilites are the best in the SEC, our boosters could match $ w/ anyone (if they wanted too). Tennessee's downfall started in 2008 when Fulmer made a TERRIBLE hire for OC & it's been a train wreck ever since, people can't get out of their own way.

It has always surprised me that Tennessee hasn't been able to be better than what they have been. SEC school with a huge stadium that is packed every Saturday with rabid fans. I'm sure they have the money to compete with anyone on facilities and coaches.

I guess of any of the SEC teams, I like Tennessee the most. Maybe it's because I was always a Peyton Manning fan. But, honestly, I don't understand why they haven't been able to have the success that LSU and Alabama have had.

I'm guessing you are in your teens?

BRB is old like me. :D

I'm guessing you are in your teens?

BRB is old like me. :D

That would be correct. I remember all those good years for Tennessee and have paid attention to their down fall.

We hear these same sentiments anytime some casual blogger with spare time and a keyboard transfers his cranial thought bubbles onto the internet.

Until I hear BO say anything different than what he's said for 5 years ( paraphrasing....I'm committed and happy at Nebraska and not looking to go elsewhere....), I ignore the chatter.

I don't get this SEC is so great BS that keeps coming up. The SEC as a whole is no more dominant than the other conferences. They have had 3 dominant programs (Bama, LSU, Florida) and 1 great season (Auburn). That is not a dominant conference. I take nothing away from the Championships but it was on the backs of basically 3 schools. They have consistently 6 competitive programs each year out of 12 and a few good years thrown in once in a while by other schools.

I will give that conference this: They know when to lose. They play tough games at the front of their schedule so that if there is a loss, it won't hurt as bad at the end of the year. Case in point is Alabama. They got back to #2 in the BCS after being at #4 by beating Western Carolina in week 12 Florida finished their year beating LA Layfaette and Jacksonville St and Florida State.

I think the B1G needs to take notice of this and front load the schedule. Especially with a new TV deal and possible further expansion in the works.

I don't get this SEC is so great BS that keeps coming up. The SEC as a whole is no more dominant than the other conferences. They have had 3 dominant programs (Bama, LSU, Florida) and 1 great season (Auburn). That is not a dominant conference. I take nothing away from the Championships but it was on the backs of basically 3 schools. They have consistently 6 competitive programs each year out of 12 and a few good years thrown in once in a while by other schools.

I will give that conference this: They know when to lose. They play tough games at the front of their schedule so that if there is a loss, it won't hurt as bad at the end of the year. Case in point is Alabama. They got back to #2 in the BCS after being at #4 by beating Western Carolina in week 12 Florida finished their year beating LA Layfaette and Jacksonville St and Florida State.

I think the B1G needs to take notice of this and front load the schedule. Especially with a new TV deal and possible further expansion in the works.

Michigan front loaded their schedule this year.

/ Okay, sorry for the smartass comment. lol I do get your point. And I've long thought we should schedule a couple of our cupcake games in Oct./Nov. to give our guys a breather during conf. play.

We hear these same sentiments anytime some casual blogger with spare time and a keyboard transfers his cranial thought bubbles onto the internet.

Until I hear BO say anything different than what he's said for 5 years ( paraphrasing....I'm committed and happy at Nebraska and not looking to go elsewhere....), I ignore the chatter.

Because he is publicly supposed to say "I'm not happy at Nebraska and am looking for other jobs?" Have you heard this quote this year about him loving it? How about Bielma, I could find quotes of him saying how committed he is to Wisconsin too. Every coach does it

Michigan front loaded their schedule this year.

/ Okay, sorry for the smartass comment. lol I do get your point. And I've long thought we should schedule a couple of our cupcake games in Oct./Nov. to give our guys a breather during conf. play.

I think you meant to say they loaded the back of their pants with Bama and ND. I think it could help with recruiting as well if we get kids to visit when the weather is nicer and we are not playing Idaho St and maybe have Iowa, Penn State, Michigan...

Lmao. You do realize that they all play eachother right? Thats kind of how a conference works. Just because they lose to eachother does not mean that they aren't better than all the other conferences. They are.