VolQuest Reporting That Bo Has Reached Out to Tennessee

Well golly, you can get inferred to as an idiot by a poster without that poster getting in trouble, yet when you make a thread of satire about a mod that is obviously a joke and no ill will was put forth, you get your thread deleted? It's rumorville right?

you needed to include more Bo to Tennessee references. Like "Because Bo is leaving for Tennessee - BigRedIowan has decided to become a Hawkeye fan. Who do you think should replace him as the board's new troll supporter?" --- see how that's done?

As I've mentioned before, Rumorville is not some free-for-all romper room where we post anything at all. It's for rumors, preferably rumors that have a source that's not your head.

Normal board rules apply here, too. We've locked threads that were obviously garbage in the past, and left most that weren't obvious trollery alone.

Just because this is the rumor warehouse doesn't mean that anyone can post anything at all. I don't know what happened here and I'm not part of it, but if I have to come clean up threads then that's usually not all I do. Just sayin'.

In seriousness if Bo does really leave for Tennessee or wherever -- seems highly dubious at this point -- and we are left without viable options (Chris Petersen, Al Borges are a few of the names tossed around frequently), I think we can look in-house and promote Beck, and let him hire his own staff. He'd need heavy hitting, experienced OC/DC to start, of course. But Beck is a capable individual. Obviously ideally Bo remains.

I just don't think Beck has the "CEO" type experience required for the position. Bo doesn't either - in the past he's compensated for it by putting a solid defensive product on the field. We've all let it slide. But to be a "complete" program we need this - either Bo growing into it or us finding it elsewhere. I think it starts here. It's the 1st part of the job description. We've pushed it down towards the bottom lately. When you hear NFL execs talk about Chip Kelley's potential as an HC at the next level...it's not the wins/losses they are talking about - it's how he runs his program and his practices. Sometimes I feel like Bo doesn't run the program, he's just along for the ride.

I agree with zoogies on this. I would consider Beck for a 2 year contract if Bo left. I think having Beck would help keep our players more so because our current players know him. I also think it would help for the guys we have committed this year stay on board for the most part. But really I don't know about this whole Tennessee thing.

In seriousness if Bo does really leave for Tennessee or wherever -- seems highly dubious at this point -- and we are left without viable options (Chris Petersen, Al Borges are a few of the names tossed around frequently), I think we can look in-house and promote Beck, and let him hire his own staff. He'd need heavy hitting, experienced OC/DC to start, of course. But Beck is a capable individual. Obviously ideally Bo remains.

I just don't think Beck has the "CEO" type experience required for the position. Bo doesn't either - in the past he's compensated for it by putting a solid defensive product on the field. We've all let it slide. But to be a "complete" program we need this - either Bo growing into it or us finding it elsewhere. I think it starts here. It's the 1st part of the job description. We've pushed it down towards the bottom lately. When you hear NFL execs talk about Chip Kelley's potential as an HC at the next level...it's not the wins/losses they are talking about - it's how he runs his program and his practices. Sometimes I feel like Bo doesn't run the program, he's just along for the ride.

I agree with zoogies on this. I would consider Beck for a 2 year contract if Bo left. I think having Beck would help keep our players more so because our current players know him. I also think it would help for the guys we have committed this year stay on board for the most part. But really I don't know about this whole Tennessee thing.

good luck convincing a recruit to set foot on campus

As I've mentioned before, Rumorville is not some free-for-all romper room where we post anything at all. It's for rumors, preferably rumors that have a source that's not your head.

Normal board rules apply here, too. We've locked threads that were obviously garbage in the past, and left most that weren't obvious trollery alone.

Just because this is the rumor warehouse doesn't mean that anyone can post anything at all. I don't know what happened here and I'm not part of it, but if I have to come clean up threads then that's usually not all I do. Just sayin'.

Then do it. You can't let EZ-E do it just because you know/ are friends with him and then let him infer that I'm an idiot because I looked further into the topic and found truth to what he Trolled about. On top of that, I made a thread poking fun at all the back and forth and what could have been a funny thread where you could have had countless nonsensical post ex: Knaplc, found nude wandering aimlessly through Lincoln nightclub; claims he was senile due to old age. But instead, mods get angry at me because I'm newer here and delete mine? Biased much?

• Fire 8

Interesting thread on another forum about the Tennessee football coach search. BuckeyePlanet has a three-page thread discussing various candidates for the Vols. There's even a lengthy list of candidates you could bet on. One notable name missing from any discussion: Bo Pelini.

The only people even remotely thinking Bo is a candidate there are Husker fans, and some bloggers who (apparently) read message boards.

Mods aren't mad at you, I'm not mad at you, you know why it was deleted. I was told about that thread being started after it was already off and running and people were already all fired up about it. Don't know how many pages it was, but it was already past a few pages when I found out about it. I don't why it keeps getting brought up? Just let it die...............I don't know EZ-E at all outside this board. Just like 98% of the other posters, I know a few of the mods and admins outside of here and probably two posters I met about 4 years ago at a tailgate.

Then do it. You can't let EZ-E do it just because you know/ are friends with him and then let him infer that I'm an idiot because I looked further into the topic and found truth to what he Trolled about. On top of that, I made a thread poking fun at all the back and forth and what could have been a funny thread where you could have had countless nonsensical post ex: Knaplc, found nude wandering aimlessly through Lincoln nightclub; claims he was senile due to old age. But instead, mods get angry at me because I'm newer here and delete mine? Biased much?

I agree with this. Knapp banned an old account of mine because I didn't agree with him and made a simple joke about a former coach. (Just sayin)

• Fire 3

I agree with this. Knapp banned an old account of mine because I didn't agree with him and made a simple joke about a former coach. (Just sayin)

So you were banned before? Why would you come out and tell everyone this? :facepalm:

Knapp banned an old account of mine because I didn't agree with him and made a simple joke about a former coach. (Just sayin)

Three things:

1. You weren't banned, you were put on a preview for a while. Had you shown that you were going to stop bitching about how this site is run in EVERY SINGLE FREAKING POST, you would have been back to normal status by now.

2. Circumventing that preview by creating another account is grounds for a perma-ban. Says so right in the rules.

3. Oops.

I didn't let EZ-E do anything. And his thread is gone. So what do you want? If EZ is disciplined, it's not your business, just like it's not his if you are.

Of course, if someone wants to talk publicly about their own discipline.... (see above)