Nebraska vs. #13 Creighton 12/6/12

Nebula

I counted at least three times where he was matched up one on one in the block with Peltz, and even better yet, BENNY PARKER, and he couldn't seal them on the block. Peltz pushed his backdown attempt to the 3 point line. Utterly hilarious. An all american, on a 6 foot walk on. Couldn't capitalize. Almost all of his points came off bad switches on screens, and he had at least 5 misses within 5 feet.

It's all subjective, but if he played in the B1G he wouldn't have half the hype he does.

How many points did he score against Wisconsin again? I forgot...

Typo I'm guessing. He had 30 and 8 boards

Meh. What's an order of magnitude among friends?

/ Just seeing if he actually did remember. lol

I counted at least three times where he was matched up one on one in the block with Peltz, and even better yet, BENNY PARKER, and he couldn't seal them on the block. Peltz pushed his backdown attempt to the 3 point line. Utterly hilarious. An all american, on a 6 foot walk on. Couldn't capitalize. Almost all of his points came off bad switches on screens, and he had at least 5 misses within 5 feet.

It's all subjective, but if he played in the B1G he wouldn't have half the hype he does.

How many points did he score against Wisconsin again? I forgot...

You better go look it up then, huh? We understand you are all over his nuts. You obviously don't understand what subjective means.

No, I just think hes a good player. As I do many other players around the nation.

Your "subjective" opinion is based on your hate for Creighton, which you spew every year. You picked a few plays out of a game and claim he shouldn't be an all-american when hes proven time and again he can hang with some teams from the better conferences. He scored 20 against UNC, which is just a few points off his season average. He scores 30 against Wisconsin which is known as one of the better defensive teams in the B1G. Those are just two examples. Watch some of their games this year and watch them objectively, not rooting against Creighton, and then talk to me about the type of player he is. If you still think the same, then thats fine.

Until then, keep hating on Creighton and their fans and saying Im all over McDermotts nuts. Sorry that I enjoy watching good basketball players. Im all over a bunch of players nuts then, in college and the NBA.

And one last thing, you guys that keep saying this series will be all Nebraska starting next year without basing it on anything except Tim Miles, this will never be a one-sided rivalry for either team. Tim Miles probably will make Nebraska a good ball team, but Creighton usually always has a solid team. I can see it as going back and forth, but never one-sided.

First of all, I never said Creighton will just stop winning games in the series. I expect it to be competitive. And Miles isn't it, recruiting is. Look at the guys NU will have on the floor next year, you are naive if you don't think that the game will be 10x more competitive next year. You could probably say that the starting line up will be 5 new guys next year for Nebraska.

And no, my subjective opinion is not based on my hate for Creighton. It would be stupid of me to not admit that Creighton always has a solid program. To me though, they are somewhat like the Boise St. of college hoops. I

I have watched plenty of creighton games, hell, I root for them in the tourney. I just do not think McDermott is *that* spectacular. He makes his open shots, which he should be given credit for. If you have a lapse on him and give him room to rise without contest, he will hurt you. But how on earth can you give a guy all american status when he can't box out a 5'8 PG? I'm not picking out just a few plays, it happened quite a few times. Does that mean he isn't a good player? No. But IMO, if you are going to get credit for being one of the top 5 players in the nation, especially at forward, that should be the easiest points you get all season.

Also, I just want to clarify that is not the program that inspires my dislike for that school, it is the fans. Which I have talked about. I value loyalty, and seeing those who can wear red one day and cheer against them the next just isn't something I believe in. At the game, there were a few Creighton fans that were standing and clapping during the Husker fight song. Uh, no. You don't wear your wedding ring to go cheat on your wife. That's how I view it, and will continue to view it. If that makes me shortsighted, so be it.

Finally, please don't try and single me out in this debate. IIRC, you had quite a bit to spew during that game last year, also.

We're both Husker fans, which on this board, all that really matters. Good luck to your Jays.