Carriker to stay for his senior year

Carriker is good, i agree, but another year will definitely help his draft status. When you look at his stats they arent that incredible... he didnt get double teamed much, the opposing offenses seemed more worried about our interior. But stats arent the whole story, i know...watching him you see how he disrupts... i think another year will do him wonders because this was kinda his first BIG year since he wasnt injured. I am pumped about next year already...

Not suprised he's sticking around like i mentioned in another thread. I expect JAY MOORE to return for next year as well to improve their draft status. There are some quality DE's in the 2006 mock draft

Mario Williams (Ironically he is as good as Demarrio Williams-note the name similiarty). 39 tackles, 8 sacks. He will be the top DE this year and will be a first round pick

Other DE guys who should be first and second round picks include:

Mathias Kiwanuka-Boston College

Tamba Hali-Penn St

Manny Lawson -N.C State

Darryl Tapp -Vtech

HERE is what my insider information is telling me <_<

Carriker will be lucky if he goes in the third round. 1 more year and he should be a top 2 round pick in my opinion if he keeps up his sacks and tackle average

(that's my opinion not an insider information just in case anyone can't note the sarcasm in it)

He was double teamed on every single play that we did not blitz more than one, which is quite a bit of the time, not to mention when he moved to tackle in passing situations. His numbers are that much more impressive in light of that.

I dont know if he was double teamed, but his job was to take up multiple blockers. Crash down and eliniminate OLineman from getting into our linebackers.

i sure hope that he stays, a definite captian of the team next year, and his leadership will be important to the younger guys next year. with octavian, stewart, and mckeon all coming back i hope NU can get the secondary going right away and NU should have a top 10 defense.

as long as they stay away from the 3-4