No Rumor, No one has spoken with Bo

HuskerThor

Bo told tOSU no. That is all. They wanted to gauge his interest and he told them no.

I wish that was true

After having a lengthy PM discussion with you yesterday about your source, it's pretty clear you're not in a position to make such unequivocal statements. So why do you? :dunno

For the lulz

Bo told tOSU no. That is all. They wanted to gauge his interest and he told them no.

I wish that was true

After having a lengthy PM discussion with you yesterday about your source, it's pretty clear you're not in a position to make such unequivocal statements. So why do you? :dunno

It is well known there is more to this story than Bo telling tOSU no....are we really going to believe they wanted Bo over Urban? I bet everyone on this board would gladly take Urban over Bo

I wish that was true

It is well known there is more to this story than Bo telling tOSU no....are we really going to believe they wanted Bo over Urban? I bet everyone on this board would gladly take Urban over Bo

How about this... they wanted Bo, Bo denied and then Meyer went on the market and offered him. tOSU offered Meyer immediately after he stated he was interested in coming back to FBS to coach.

I guess our information slightly differs - but, as I said in the post, tOSU came to Bo, had some conversations, and said no. However, I was told tOSU would guarantee him the job if he wanted it - due to backlash (hiring/interviewing a coach from another B1G school - an unwritten rule), upsetting Nebraska, etc. but Bo claimed to be uninterested for a few reasons. Truthfully, I think that he thinks this team is on the brink of being very, very good and he is almost loyal to a fault.

the thing I don't get is Bo states he doesn't talk to anyone for an opening. That I believe as he has an agent to do it for him. Schools state they haven't talked to Bo or his agent. But yet his name comes up for virtually every job opening their is. If this is all rumors from fans on who they want. Then why isn't Saban, Miles, Peterson or any other name thats achieved more listed with those jobs as well. I mean nothing against Bo but there are coaches with better national recognition that gets more attention from recruits. So I don't see why Bo's name is attatched to every job opening when he and the schools state they don't talk to each other or have any interest.

the thing I don't get is Bo states he doesn't talk to anyone for an opening. That I believe as he has an agent to do it for him. Schools state they haven't talked to Bo or his agent. But yet his name comes up for virtually every job opening their is. If this is all rumors from fans on who they want. Then why isn't Saban, Miles, Peterson or any other name thats achieved more listed with those jobs as well. I mean nothing against Bo but there are coaches with better national recognition that gets more attention from recruits. So I don't see why Bo's name is attatched to every job opening when he and the schools state they don't talk to each other or have any interest.

You should spend more time on other teams' message boards. Every coach's name comes up in nearly every job search. Bob Stoops comes up in like every single coaching vacancy every year. Peterson from Boise St.'s name comes up in every single job search. These are all fans and local media throwing together lists of guys they want, and someone in the media picks up on it, and it becomes "news" that way. Basically, there are way too many news outlets with way too much time to fill, so they talk about these coaches as if they're viable candidates when they aren't.

Found this interesting thread on BadgerNation's board:

http://mbd.scout.com...2560&t=11047242

A little something to ponder. A couple years ago SI did an article on college destination jobs, a very controversial one as you might imagine. Now that a week has passed and we are in the "Oh God! No one good wants to coach here!" phase of the process I thought it might be interesting to see who fills the HC jobs at these so called destination jobs. Who knows? It might make us feel a little better.

SI list of Top 20 Destination Jobs:

1) Texas - Brown

2) Ohio State - Urban Meyer

3) Oklahoma - Stoops

4) Florida - Muschamp

5) Georgia - Richt

6) LSU - Miles

7) Alabama - Saban

8) Penn State - Obrien

9) Auburn - Malzan

10) Oregon - Kelly

11) USC - Kiffin

12) Michigan - Hoge

13) Notre Dame - Kelly

14) Florida State - Fisher

15) Nebraska - Pelini

16) Tennessee - Jones

17) Virginia Tech - Beamer

18) Arizona State - Todd Graham

19) Arizona - Rodriguez

20) Oklahoma State - Gundy

I doubt Bo's name will come up for Wisconsin opening but it will be interesting to see whose name comes up.