Marrow to Kentucky

To say our O-line wasn't a problem is a clueless statement to me... False starts, holds, missed blocks, getting pushed around... Those aren't characteristics of a good O-line. yet they were recurring features of our. Other B1G teams DC's stated it was easy to push our line around, especially in pass pro. Our running is more of a testament to the skill of our RB's over either OL coaches scheming or coaching ability, just being honest....

How many holding and false start penalties did we have this year?

I'd have to look, but I know there was three times this year that I saw us have first and 30's due to holds and false starts.

By all means, look and get back to us.

You don't have to be a douche about it. If you want the stats, you can look yourself.

Interesting how many accuse Bo of not knowing what he's doing, hiring inexperienced coaches and only hiring his buddies.

Now we're about to lose one and the meltdown begins...

I think it has less to do with that and more to do with most of the Husker faithful wanting some good news in the recruiting/coaching department.

Why would we need good news in the coaching department? Don't you like who Bo has hired?

To say our O-line wasn't a problem is a clueless statement to me... False starts, holds, missed blocks, getting pushed around... Those aren't characteristics of a good O-line. yet they were recurring features of our. Other B1G teams DC's stated it was easy to push our line around, especially in pass pro. Our running is more of a testament to the skill of our RB's over either OL coaches scheming or coaching ability, just being honest....

How many holding and false start penalties did we have this year?

I'd have to look, but I know there was three times this year that I saw us have first and 30's due to holds and false starts.

By all means, look and get back to us.

You don't have to be a douche about it. If you want the stats, you can look yourself.

You're the one who's making the claim. I'm just curious if you can actually back it up or it just sounds good to say.

Despite starting their next drive with two false-start penalties, the Huskers came right back. Martinez was hit late but completed a post pass to Kenny Bell, who twice straight-armed defenders on a 74-yard gainer. Martinez stayed in and ended up scoring on a 9-yard run to make it 24-21.

From espn on the Ohio state game: scores.espn.go.com/ncf/recap?gameId=322800194

That's one of the three I remember. I know another was in the Wiscy pt 2. as well.

Other than that, I can't find stats on the O-line false starts/holds.

Despite starting their next drive with two false-start penalties, the Huskers came right back. Martinez was hit late but completed a post pass to Kenny Bell, who twice straight-armed defenders on a 74-yard gainer. Martinez stayed in and ended up scoring on a 9-yard run to make it 24-21.

That's one of the three I remember. I know another was in the Wiscy pt 2. as well.

So you found one instance that wasn't a 1st & 30 and we finished that drive with a rushing touchdown.

Just get back on topic. This argument is pointless. Marrow decided to leave for what he believes is greener pastures. Best of luck. I hope that the 5 Ohio players and Sandland that he had been recruiting take a look at the body of work the football team has put in to be a formidable team year after year.

if these commits leave to be with morrow at UK fine. If they leave us to go somewhere else then what the hell sold them on us. A GA? Come on fellas.

Just get back on topic. This argument is pointless. Marrow decided to leave for what he believes is greener pastures. Best of luck. I hope that the 5 Ohio players and Sandland that he had been recruiting take a look at the body of work the football team has put in to be a formidable team year after year.

if these commits leave to be with morrow at UK fine. If they leave us to go somewhere else then what the hell sold them on us. A GA? Come on fellas.

They would leave because they had built a relationship with the coach recruiting them...it isn't the recruits fault there recruiting coach was our GA. Sounds like our issue.

They would leave because they had built a relationship with the coach recruiting them...it isn't the recruits fault there recruiting coach was our GA. Sounds like our issue.

This is a problem with the priority list of the recruits. Kids see coaches get fired all the time. These kids need to commit to the school that they want to spend the next 4 years of their life at knowing that its very possible they will experience a coaching change. It's why you go to schools like Nebraska. The tradition and success makes coaching changes less likely. Which is also why we don't need to be in the game of firing coaches that average 9-10 wins a year.

So you found one instance that wasn't a 1st & 30 and we finished that drive with a rushing touchdown.

We had 12 false start penalties this year according to the ESPN.com Play-by-Play. Some were not specified who they were on but two were not against OLineman so even if you assume the rest are that's 10 times in 13 games. None of them against Wiscy the second time, by the way. We had nine holding penalties with a max of five against the OLine and a max of four illegal blocks. Only two games (Idaho St. and Wiscy I) did we have more than one holding/Illegal block in a game.

That's less than one false start and one illegal block (including holding) per game.

??? Don't agree? Many people here would actually agree with me in regards to Marrow being a solid recruiter.

Well, firstly, I'd say Beck is our top recruiter. Secondly, if Marrow has only a recent, temporary waiver for recruiting for Cotton's surgery, how does he suddenly become one of our top recruiters?