Pat Forde column

Everyone makes Bill Callahan look bad by comparison. Worst coach in football.

Before the inevitable "but he's a good o-line coach!" -- no he's not. And you sound dumb saying it.

When he was hired as the Cowboys o-line coach, I almost cried. Watching Romo run for his life every play or watching our "running backs" get stuffed every time has been very painful this year.

You and me both. Then when they show him on the sideline doing his lip licking crap like he did here, I want him to just die. He his friggin awful and i really have no clue how he still has a job.

Really? I was quite happy they hired him.

/ Redskins fan.

Redskins? That's racist

Also, Shanahan looks like he's made out of plastic

Before the inevitable "but he's a good o-line coach!" -- no he's not. And you sound dumb saying it.

When he was hired as the Cowboys o-line coach, I almost cried. Watching Romo run for his life every play or watching our "running backs" get stuffed every time has been very painful this year.

You and me both. Then when they show him on the sideline doing his lip licking crap like he did here, I want him to just die. He his friggin awful and i really have no clue how he still has a job.

Really? I was quite happy they hired him.

/ Redskins fan.

Redskins? That's racist

Also, Shanahan looks like he's made out of plastic

You got something against plastic skinned people? That's racist!

• Fire 1

I think it is funny he only gives Nebraska 24 points against a very weak defense (sorry Bulldog fans). We have put up more points against the top 25 defenses this year. If we lose, its going to be from a shootout more than anything. 35 points from Nebraska at least.

We only reached 35 points in 2 conference games. 1 was Minnesota - obviously...and the other was just barely over that in a blowout to Ohio State. Out of curiosity, why are you so confident we can get to 35 against a #16 SEC scoring defense that just held the #15 scoring offense to less than that?

Huskers: #57 scoring offense versus conference opponents - and i don't think we played a defense anywhere to the level of Georgia.

I think it is funny he only gives Nebraska 24 points against a very weak defense (sorry Bulldog fans). We have put up more points against the top 25 defenses this year. If we lose, its going to be from a shootout more than anything. 35 points from Nebraska at least.

We only reached 35 points in 2 conference games. 1 was Minnesota - obviously...and the other was just barely over that in a blowout to Ohio State. Out of curiosity, why are you so confident we can get to 35 against a #16 SEC scoring defense that just held the #15 scoring offense to less than that?

Huskers: #57 scoring offense versus conference opponents - and i don't think we played a defense anywhere to the level of Georgia.

Georgia's rushing Defense is not that good, and they don't do so well against a mobile QB. Don't believe me, ask the dawg fans yourself. I see no problem with us putting over 30 on them.

The coach won't make a bit of difference in Dallas until Jerry Jones realizes he is running a football team, and not managing a fantasy football roster. There is a lack of talent on the lines there that no coach is capable of making up for.

Georgia's rushing Defense is not that good, and they don't do so well against a mobile QB. Don't believe me, ask the dawg fans yourself. I see no problem with us putting over 30 on them.

Sure hope this works out like you say. I think with Bo and Beck having 4 weeks they should be able to come up with something to keep it interesting. They show their inexperience when they have to prep for a new opponent week after week after week. But give them 4 weeks and they should be able to show us why they are getting paid the big bucks.

The coach won't make a bit of difference in Dallas until Jerry Jones realizes he is running a football team, and not managing a fantasy football roster. There is a lack of talent on the lines there that no coach is capable of making up for.

I agree somewhat with the talent situation, but Tyron Smith was the best lineman in last year's draft, had a tremendous rookie season, and has all but fallen off a cliff this year. Doug Free was a fairly solid tackle the last couple years, struggled some last year, but has been just completely abysmal this year. The rest of the line, Callahan hand picked in the offseason.

It's more on Callahan than any other person.

Let me play the devil's advocate here: What happens if we take another Wisky like thumping?

1. Does the Forde become a prophet and the admin fire Bo on the spot for coach to be named later?

2. Does the administration quietly warn Bo to "Right the ship next year and win something or you are toast" ?

3. Do Husker fans storm the AD office and hold a 'sit in' until they are satified that 'thumpings' will not be tolerated again??

4. Do recruits abandon NU in droves and Bo states "We didn't execute".

5. Nothing: We accept that this is now the new normal at NU - 9-10 wins a season with 2-3 good thumpings along the way just for the

the pure pleasure of it.

varying degrees of a few of those....

No one is firing Bo. I don't think the administration needs to warn Bo at all - I believe he is well aware of the situation he finds himself in. No Husker fans will storm the AD office...we all have jobs so rarely have time for a "sit in"...plus we're currently too busy defending our rights to own assault weapons to concern ourselves with protesting "thumpings". The words "we didn't execute" would certainly be prominent in any Pelini quotes. We'd lose recruits - likely not in "droves" however - most will be unseen, as in guys that were likely to commit prior to the beat down but end up going elsewhere. You'll know because there will be a mad scramble and a bunch of new offers going out a couple weeks before signing day. And at the end of the day I think you're pretty much spot on with 5. In fact, that's widely been accepted already. It happened last year, and we are still tolerating it after this year. To say it hasn't been accepted when everything about the program is so similar to prior years just doesn't seem logical. Regardless - the long term damage it would do to the program can not be understated. It's huge. We can't be embarrassed. That's a lot of pressure for a bunch of kids (and yes, I'm including many of the coaching staff in there as well).