Texas vs Ohio Recruiting

Does it concern anyone else that our success recruiting in Texas seems to be drying up a little? i realize playing in the B1G has something to do with it, but just curious if anyone else thinks this will be an issue going forward.

Take a look back to 2008;

Texas 8

Ohio 1

Texas 7

Ohio 0

Texas 5

Ohio 2

Texas 6

Ohio 2

Texas 2

Ohio 2

2013 (so far)

Texas 1

Ohio 4

I'm just glad we are in Florida getting some solid athletic and speedy WRs. Combine that with a solid running back out of Texas and some physical players out of Ohio and we are doing a good job. Also going into California to get some great players. Have to keep Texas strong though so we keep the connections going. Can't let that slip.

Only MI, PSU (with O'Brien) and OSU in the B1G can go into all of these states and recruit like Nebraska can.

Adam Taylor says....."huh" ?

1 guy that I'm as excited about as anyone, but the bigger point is 1 guy last year it was only 2 guys

The question I'm asking is clearly we are emphasizing Ohio over Texas right now, which makes sense but will it hurt us?

Understood, but until the next couple of recruiting cycles are over AND until we get the perspective of a few years of hindsight to judge results of Ohio vs Texas the question is impossible to answer.

Hopefully it becomes a moot point if we can cherry pick from both states.

The question I'm asking is clearly we are emphasizing Ohio over Texas right now, which makes sense but will it hurt us?

I don't think you realize that there is talent in Ohio too. Huge state with a lot of talented, talented players.

I do realize that i live in PA, I guess I'm just hoping we can replicate the historical success we have had in Texas in Ohio without giving up Texas, pipe dream maybe

1 guy that I'm as excited about as anyone, but the bigger point is 1 guy last year it was only 2 guys

Understood, but until the next couple of recruiting cycles are over AND until we get the perspective of a few years of hindsight to judge results of Ohio vs Texas the question is impossible to answer.

Best answer right there

Best answer right there

This dude is an absolute huge get out of the state of Texas. The more I see on this kid the more pumped I am about him. Although, I understand the need to get into Ohio more just because of the location of our games, but we will see Texas kids coming to NU in the future as well.