Damn good game.

Good game indeed. Can't complain too much as a Husker fan. Scored 31 (and could have been more) on a top 10 team and really were in control for 3 quarters.

Also, I'd love to have more guys like #36 on our team. Played fast, hard, and little dirty. Like Eric Martin in the secondary.

You guys put a scare into me. No one knew who was going to win going into the 4th quarter. This is the most prolific scoring offense UGA has ever had in our history and it took it to win this game. I'm not sure you guys should have went away from a run offense. Our strength is pass defense. Our rush is pretty good. However, our run offense is so-so. It was a damn great effort by both teams. A great game to watch. Good luck next season. Go Big Red!

Thanks for posting, great game to UGA. Couple quick questions that I am looking for an honest answer on.

1) How does our O stack up agains SEC offenses?

2) Are our offenses athletes comparable to SEC ones?

3) What were you most impressed by in our team?

1) The offense is a little different than most we face. It is more in line with T A&M which we didn't get to play this year. It is remotely similar to UFs and USCe's. Martinez is very Johnny Football like and hard to contain. I really do think NU should try to get back to a little more of the physical running game that you see from most teams in the SEC and nobody did it better than Nebraska in it's heyday.. It is a good scheme you guys have. Let's face it, if UGA didn't have a pretty prolific offense this year, we would have lost that game.

2) I don't want to paint with too broad a brush on this question. Your d-backs were on us better than most. Your D-line played pretty good against us. The O-line was up and down. The quaterback was about as good as any we have seen. I think by and large the SEC is more physical and at times faster. You look at Jones and Ogletree. They are difference makers because of their speed, but they are on defense. I really didn't get to see enough of your receivers to draw a comparison. Your running backs were comparable to what we see in the SEC. I don't think they are top flight, but they are comparable with most of the backs in the SEC. The O-line seemed good at times and so-so at times. I really think the one difference in this game was our receivers snatching down balls and our running backs picking up extra yards after contact which may say something about the level of athletes at this point in time.

3) I think your coaches actually did a good job in game planning on both sides of the ball. Martinez was impressive. The offensive scheme was pretty good and hard to defend. You guys actually did a pretty good job on our offensive run game. We were a little predictable there, but still you shut down parts of it. I thought you guys played real hard and never backed down. There was a lot of confidence on that team.

• Fire 2

You guys put a scare into me. No one knew who was going to win going into the 4th quarter. This is the most prolific scoring offense UGA has ever had in our history and it took it to win this game. I'm not sure you guys should have went away from a run offense. Our strength is pass defense. Our rush is pretty good. However, our run offense is so-so. It was a damn great effort by both teams. A great game to watch. Good luck next season. Go Big Red!

Thanks for posting, great game to UGA. Couple quick questions that I am looking for an honest answer on.

1) The offense is a little different than most we face. It is more in line with T A&M which we didn't get to play this year. It is remotely similar to UFs and USCe's. Martinez is very Johnny Football like and hard to contain. I really do think NU should try to get back to a little more of the physical running game that you see from most teams in the SEC and nobody did it better than Nebraska in it's heyday.. It is a good scheme you guys have. Let's face it, if UGA didn't have a pretty prolific offense this year, we would have lost that game.

2) I don't want to paint with too broad a brush on this question. Your d-backs were on us better than most. Your D-line played pretty good against us. The O-line was up and down. The quaterback was about as good as any we have seen. I think by and large the SEC is more physical and at times faster. You look at Jones and Ogletree. They are difference makers because of their speed, but they are on defense. I really didn't get to see enough of your receivers to draw a comparison. Your running backs were comparable to what we see in the SEC. I don't think they are top flight, but they are comparable with most of the backs in the SEC. The O-line seemed good at times and so-so at times. I really think the one difference in this game was our receivers snatching down balls and our running backs picking up extra yards after contact which may say something about the level of athletes at this point in time.

3) I think your coaches actually did a good job in game planning on both sides of the ball. Martinez was impressive. The offensive scheme was pretty good and hard to defend. You guys actually did a pretty good job on our offensive run game. We were a little predictable there, but still you shut down parts of it. I thought you guys played real hard and never backed down. There was a lot of confidence on that team.

Thank you! It's nice to get an honest outside opinion! Once again great game, and hope your guys return to make a run next year! Have always respected UGA and Mark Richt!

Did you watch the game? We suck. Taylor is an athlete playing QB. Nothing to like on our defense. Slow. Offensive line is a leaky sieve.

That was a fun game to watch.

Your Huskers certainly came out spooled up and ready to play. I, for one, was never expecting a blowout like many on this board did since the bowl lineup was announced. We played out of our minds vs Bama in Atlanta...that's not our typical performance to say the least. Curious why your coaches started throwing when Burkhead and your rushing attack had our defense completely exhausted. We simply did not have an answer.

I noticed a few mentions of Williams #36 playing dirty. Its a double edged sword for fans, the kid runs his mouth after ANY play he is involved with a tackle, regardless of the circumstance. He regularly runs his mouth, as noted today, even if he makes a tackle after the offense makes a 1st down...which certainly doesn't endear him to any level headed UGA fans. All that said, the guy is the heart and soul of our defense, and most likely saved our season when he publically called our defense out after a lackluster win vs Kentucky.

#36 single handidly got our defense amped up and ready to play Florida...sure he runs his mouth and even plays a little dirty...but I will not complain about the results of his outspoken personality.

Anyhow, good game Huskers...you keep running the ball and you may have come away with a win.

Good game indeed. Can't complain too much as a Husker fan. Scored 31 (and could have been more) on a top 10 team and really were in control for 3 quarters.

Also, I'd love to have more guys like #36 on our team. Played fast, hard, and little dirty. Like Eric Martin in the secondary.

I think #36 is Shawn Williams. I don't know what happened, but I think words were exchanged between him and Martinez, so he felt a need to exert his presence. I don't really like it, but that seems to be the way it is these days. However, I will say he will always hold a place in Dawg lore, because after the loss (debacle) at USCe, he called out the team and called them soft. The next week we went on top and beat UF and didn't lose another game until the SEC Championship game.

Also, I don't know if I would say you guys were in control for 3 quarters as I had no idea who was going to win almost the whole game. No one was ever out of it until the last couple of minutes of the game. It was an exciting game to watch. It was pretty much even for 3 and a half quarters.

Dont let some of the trolls on this board read this comment. It's blasphemy. Our coaches dont know sh#t.

What a fun game to watch. At the half I was really worried Nebraska would come out and run down our throats and wear down the defensive line.

The Georgia defense was getting tired late in the 3rd quarter, but the offense stepped up and gave them some rest. They were in much better shape in the 4th quarter.

As for your questions?

1) The Husker offense is physical and aggressive, as are the better SEC teams. Your receivers weren't as fast as ours, but most SEC teams aren't either.

2) The Nebraska offensive line seemed to be lighter than an SEC line, but they were strong enough to handle some big guys. Your RBs were strong enough to break tackles and run past some guys, but your WRs didn't have the speed to run by a good set of DBs.

Let me say something about "SEC speed." Every team in every conference has some players with great speed. But what we refer to as "SEC speed" is having OLinemen that can pull across the line, get to the outside, and block an LB to let the RBs turn the corner. You had a couple of guys that could do that. But most important is to have DLinemen that are quick enough to get down the line and prevent that OL guy from cutting him off, or being able to penetrate the line of scrimmage and chase down the RB or QB behind the line. I didn't see that on your defensive line.

John Jenkins was our best DL for that. He was very quick for his first 3 or 4 steps. Too bad you didn't get to see him.

3) Nebraska gave Georgia all they could handle on both the offensive and defensive lines, and your pass defense was almost good enough to shut us down. Your RBs were tough and punished our defense on every tackle. Martinez is a good QB, especially as a dual threat.

Nebraska came to play, and they played tough the entire game.

Yes. I love Nebraska almost as much as I love my alma mater -- Georgia ... and that will not change. I've been a Georgian for Nebraska going back to the Turner Gill, Irving Fryer, Mike Rozier and Roger Craig-led team of 1981 -- so this was a very interesting experience for me.

I saw that wonderful offensive line just crush my UGA defensive wall at times which sent me into flashbacks of remembering NU offensive linemen Chris Dishman, Zach Weigert, Dean Steinkuhler, Aaron Graham, and Dave Rimington. On a few inside tackle runs, the Nebraska offensive line opened up an avenue for speedy Ameer Abdullah and rugged Rex Burkhead. I felt pretty helpless for my UGA alma mater late in the 3rd quarter when Nebraska led, 31-23. I felt like the former Arizona State coach (he looked like Hollywood actor Burgess Meredith) who said he was "under an avalanche" back when Tommie Frazier and Nebraska layed waste to ASU, 77-28, in 1995.

Nebraska and Georgia are my two teams. I really feel that Taylor Martinez can lead NU to a Big Ten conference title and that coach Bo Pelini can pull off his dream of stealing the league away from his alma mater Ohio State next season, but offensive coordinator Tim Beck has got a star in Taylor Martinez. I'll admit, I am a huge Tommy Armstrong fan, but I also feel that Martinez has turned the corner -- if coach Beck can devise some kind of game plan for T-Magic to stick to.

T-Magic needs to -- run more when it's not there. I felt sad for him late in the (I mean I'm happy for Georgia that we came out on top of course) game against Georgia when T-Magic elected to throw deep into coverage -- as UGA corner Damien Swann came away with the interception.

I saw Aaron Murray make the same mistake at the end of the 1st half in the SEC title game against Alabama -- and that killed us. We put Bama right back into the game, and they rolled the rest of the way.

Both T-Magic and Murray can learn from this concept. Either throw it to a safety valve receiver or race for the sideline to pick up 3 or 4 yards and keep the drive going -- or just chunk it in the stands.

I'm convinced that Beck's got himself a winner, but T-Magic needs to be reminded that he's run a 4.32 before -- and just race out abounds.

I haven't checked the stats yet, but if T-Magic can limit his throws to about 25 a game just like Bama did with A.J. McCarron against us, then that would bless him so much.

His touch throws are on the money. T-Magic made some amazing throws for scores in the game today against Bacarri Rambo, Sanders Commings, and Damien Swann that were all jaw dropping, but Beck needs to coordinate that offense to T-Magic's strengths. He's a wonderful passer when he sets his feet. He's not Tommie Frazier though to where he can throw a nice pass off the run such as the waggle play, but he's very accurate in the pocket -- when he's not rushed.

He's got blinding speed though, and his passing is getting much, much better. Coach Beck just needs to scheme better. Martinez can be a very bruising runner. Coach Beck needs to figure this out and maximize Martinez as a weapon, getting back to old school Nebraska ball control and the controlling of the clock. Ameer Abdullah is nice, but it'll be a wonderful thing to see when coach Beck and coach Bo Pelini get a Trung Canidate type running back into the backfield with T-Magic. This would help Ameer -- as one star back can't do it alone. He still gained over 1,000 yards rushing this year which is great. I like Ameer.

Still, I'd like to see a Husker running back like Mike Rozier who could really assist T-Magic and Ameer, and help out them out next year. I still feel that Taylor Martinez is a dark horse for the Heisman Trophy, but that he just needs a little more around him -- mainly in the backfield.

Nebraska and SEC speed. I hear a lot about this -- Husker fans and Georgia fans.

I was telling my family this today ... that Nebraska is about the fastest non SEC team in the country! I've been arguing this point with Auburn and Alabama fans going back some 20 years. Nebraska recruits speed. We saw that speed today. Ciante Evans can run. P.J. Smith can motor. Husker defenses in the 90s were amazing! Ralph Brown, Tyrone Williams, Tyrone Legette, Tony Veland, Erwin Swinney, Toby Wright, Terrell Farley ...

Nebraska is the fastest non SEC team in the country -- and their defense was not intimidated by our speed on the outside deep into today's game. And why the NU coaching staff didn't have P.J. Smith covering out in the flat at safety on 3rd down and 10 on the play where Georgia's Chris Conley caught the ball and raced 88 yards for a score, I'll never know ...? That was a break down that shouldn't have occurred.

Up to that point, Nebraska had easily matched Georgia's speed. I'll never forget the night I saw 5-8 corners Barron Miles and Kareem Moss match up with Miami and its SEC-like speed in the 1995 Orange Bowl when Nebraska topped the Hurricanes, 24-17. Nebraska has speed, but they need to -- as Tommie Frazier said on his X's and O's program recently -- continue reruiting for it.

• Fire 2

Great Game!!!!!!!!

Nebraska, yall had me scared, you had me kicking my dogs and slapping my wife. Our defensive line was getting overwhelmed, that big corn cob white running back of yall's kept busting it wide open, doing what he damn well pleased.

I'm relieved to have won that. I wished for a blowout, but yall showed up and played like a real team, put together, thought-out, well played.

Nebraska, yall had me scared, you had me kicking my dogs and slapping my wife. Our defensive line was getting overwhelmed, that big corn cob white running back of yall's kept busting it wide open, doing what he damn well pleased.

I'm thinking this dude's an Iowa troll...but either way, pretty low brow stuff. Pretty much how I envision the typical southerner acting/speaking.

I'm thinking this dude's an Iowa troll...but either way, pretty low brow stuff. Pretty much how I envision the typical southerner acting/speaking.

+1

I've never understood why some fans of opposing teams feel the need to go on others board and say "great game guys!!"

Gee whiz, thanks a bunch, it means a lot, really appreciate your affirmation now go away.