Ohio State Game

The basketball program will very different in the next 2-3 years. We will be a top 30 program. No doubt. I have had season tickets since 84, and I can say I feel the same excitement as when Danny Nee came here. His exit wasn't so hot, but I think Miles will be able to exceed our expectations. He has a good staff, new arena and the fans will turn out again.

Observations: We actually did better than I thought. I figured a 40 pt difference. That's the key...low expectations. :)

I don't think OSU is a top 10 team. They are top 20. Thomas is really really good. There were 3 really blatant travels that just leaves me shaking my head. Our spacing was good. Our shot selection, defense and hustle not so good. I agree we could use Webster, Hawkins, Fuller, Petteway, Pitchford and Biggs!!!! And Atewe!!!!!(hint, hint)

Observations: We actually did better than I thought. I figured a 40 pt difference. That's the key...low expectations. :)

I don't think OSU is a top 10 team. They are top 20. Thomas is really really good. There were 3 really blatant travels that just leaves me shaking my head. Our spacing was good. Our shot selection, defense and hustle not so good. I agree we could use Webster, Hawkins, Fuller, Petteway, Pitchford and Biggs!!!! And Atewe!!!!!(hint, hint)

Not a top ten team? They went toe to toe with Duke IN Cameron and couldn't hit a shot vs Kansas in the second half. Two very good team early in the season. I think they are still trying to figure themselves out but at this point they can play with almost anyone in the country because they play great defense. Saying that....that really isn't the reason why I came to this thread...

I think Jimmy Jackson had it right during the post game. Nebraska really needs to land a couple top 50 basketball players that are dynamic. It only takes a couple guys to change your program in basketball. Hopefully for Nebraska they can use their new facility to land a couple guys like that.

Not a top ten team? They went toe to toe with Duke IN Cameron and couldn't hit a shot vs Kansas in the second half. Two very good team early in the season. I think they are still trying to figure themselves out but at this point they can play with almost anyone in the country because they play great defense. Saying that....that really isn't the reason why I came to this thread...

I think Jimmy Jackson had it right during the post game. Nebraska really needs to land a couple top 50 basketball players that are dynamic. It only takes a couple guys to change your program in basketball. Hopefully for Nebraska they can use their new facility to land a couple guys like that.

If you were curious according to ESPN recruiting rankings Nebraska landed the #19 SF, #26 SG and #29 PG this class. Not impressive for a place like OSU, but that group is considered the highest ranked bunch I can ever remember.

Smooth shot by Sergej. First career bucket.

Why the heck hasn't he played all year? First hit a nice hook shot then a legit 18 foot fade away over his defender.

I believe they were trying to redshirt him. To me, the fact that they pulled the "shirt" with just a few minutes left in this blowout says Almeida has an injury worse than we hoped.

If you were curious according to ESPN recruiting rankings Nebraska landed the #19 SF, #26 SG and #29 PG this class. Not impressive for a place like OSU, but that group is considered the highest ranked bunch I can ever remember.

The Big Ten is built on successful upperclassmen with decent freshmen talent.

Very rarely do schools here recruit for 1 and dones(2007 Runner Up OSU was one of the only ones).

As long as they learn and stick around 4 years anything can happen.

Smooth shot by Sergej. First career bucket.

Why the heck hasn't he played all year? First hit a nice hook shot then a legit 18 foot fade away over his defender.

I believe they were trying to redshirt him. To me, the fact that they pulled the "shirt" with just a few minutes left in this blowout says Almeida has an injury worse than we hoped.

He played 1 min in the first game of the year and 1 min against Creighton and 4 mins tonight. I have no idea what the RS requirements are so I don't know if minimal appearances would of mattered.