Good things are already happening to our guys!

Actually about 10 kickers per year get drafted to the NFL so your statement is incorrect. However, many more get 'try outs' than get drafted so maybe you're thinking of that aspect? Compared to the amount of kickers that get a 'try out' it would appear that kickers 'rarely' get drafted. Is that what you're thinking?

I think it's probably more like two or three kickers per year, but maybe I'm wrong...and typically, it doesn't start until the later rounds. Alex in round 4 was a pretty early kicker.

True, from what I read, they are picked up in later rounds. I read a bunch of different numbers from 2-3 to 10. (Can't believe everything you read on the Net so you're probably right! )

Very rarely does a kicker get drafted. To me, Maher had his great moments in his career, but he was really inconsistent this season, both punting and kicking.

Brett got married this last year! ;) Alex Henery got drafted. Chris Brown got drafted. Josh Brown got drafted. Actually about 10 kickers per year get drafted to the NFL so your statement is incorrect. However, many more get 'try outs' than get drafted so maybe you're thinking of that aspect? Compared to the amount of kickers that get a 'try out' it would appear that kickers 'rarely' get drafted. Is that what you're thinking?

10 kickers a year do not get drafted alex henery was the only kicker drafted that year as well

It depends on who you read. I read 2-3 then I read as high as 10. Who do you believe?

I cannot see New England taking Burkhead, with Ridley, Vereen, and Woodhead already in the fold and not enough carries to go around.

He would be a bigger better Woodhead though! I agree there is no chance he will show up there. My friends and I were talking about this the other night at the bar and the places we could come up with where they could use him were Dallas, Green Bay, Oakland, and a few I can't remember now.

Very rarely does a kicker get drafted. To me, Maher had his great moments in his career, but he was really inconsistent this season, both punting and kicking.

Brett got married this last year! ;) Alex Henery got drafted. Chris Brown got drafted. Josh Brown got drafted. Actually about 10 kickers per year get drafted to the NFL so your statement is incorrect. However, many more get 'try outs' than get drafted so maybe you're thinking of that aspect? Compared to the amount of kickers that get a 'try out' it would appear that kickers 'rarely' get drafted. Is that what you're thinking?

10 kickers a year do not get drafted alex henery was the only kicker drafted that year as well

It depends on who you read. I read 2-3 then I read as high as 10. Who do you believe?

There's really no reading or believing involved. 10 kickers don't get drafted in a single year. Go look it up.

You're aware that the draft results are widely available, right? There's no need to believe anything. Just look at the results and count. Where did you hear there were 10 kickers drafted per year?

EDIT: KJ beat me to it.

There's really no reading or believing involved. 10 kickers don't get drafted in a single year. Go look it up.

I did otherwise why would I put it here??

You're aware that the draft results are widely available, right? There's no need to believe anything. Just look at the results and count. Where did you hear there were 10 kickers drafted per year?

EDIT: KJ beat me to it.

Some folks were talking about it and one person posted that there were 10. Most of the places I read said 2-3 but one place did say 10. I think that's kind of high but I also think it's wrong to say that kickers are 'rarely' drafted because that's not true when 2-3 or more get drafted every year.

Ok, Ok, 10 is wrong. It was just a comment someone made on a board when they were talking about kickers drafted by the NFL. However, I would think that it depends on the need for that year. I'm sure there were some years when more teams needed kickers so the number would go up. Right now 2-3 kickers and 1-2 punters on average are drafted each year. But again, it's not correct to say that kickers are 'rarely' drafted.