Why College Football is better than the NFL

Excel

NFL v. NCAA  

34 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I watched two entire games (very rare) between Denver/Baltimore and SF/GB. Surprising good contests but still not as good as CFB in my opinion.

I still dislike NFL because mainly:

- pass interference penalty rule

- two minute warning (WTF?)

- overtime rules

- slightly slower between play to play (I think)

- skimpy dancers (instead of acrobatic cheerleaders)

- no marching bands and no synchronized chants/fight songs (with the exception of non-stop OU boomers sooners song :steam )

- obviously completely different atmosphere

- and totally agreed Bucky post

However, I noticed absolutely no missing tackles or whiffs for all four teams.....refreshing. Just the opposite Huskers defense. Also much better NFL officials.

You know Colin Kaepernick (SF QB) played in mop up duties in Nevada vs. Nebraska game (2007)?

I watched two entire games (very rare) between Denver/Baltimore and SF/GB. Surprising good contests but still not as good as CFB in my opinion.

I still dislike NFL because mainly:

- pass interference penalty rule

- two minute warning (WTF?)

- overtime rules

- slightly slower between play to play (I think)

- skimpy dancers (instead of acrobatic cheerleaders)

- no marching bands and no synchronized chants/fight songs (with the exception of non-stop OU boomers sooners song :steam )

- obviously completely different atmosphere

- and totally agreed Bucky post

However, I noticed absolutely no missing tackles or whiffs for all four teams.....refreshing. Just the opposite Huskers defense. Also much better NFL officials.

You know Colin Kaepernick (SF QB) played in mop up duties in Nevada vs. Nebraska game (2007)?

A lot of your reasons that you hate the NFL is exactly why I like it better. Prefer the two minute warning over having the clock stop every time a team gets a first down for the chains to move. It's dumb and needs to end. When you refer to the pass interference rule are you referring to the ball gets placed where the foul occurred? Because if so, that is much better than just 15 yards.

College >>>>>>>NFL.

I still watch some NFL games and have a couple favorite teams (Broncos & Packers) but, if/when they win or lose it is nothing compared to the Huskers. I can miss a Broncos game without a 2nd thought but I will not miss a Nebraska game. I like watching good NCAA games even when I don't have a horse in the race. I sometimes pretend (for my wifes sake) that I care about some random NFL game but that is just to get me out of doing honey do's for 3 hours.

• Fire 1

The exposure only heightens my disdain for the NFL. It's everywhere, all the time, and everyone is a fan. I don't give one flying f#*k about the NFL. It's just a business, no excitement. Unpredictability is what creates excitement for me, and there is very little in the NFL.

Plus most of the fans I've ever met have never even been to the state the team they root for is located in. Cowboys, Giants, Dolphins, 49rs, Patriots fans, all here in South Dakota. I suppose that's every professional sport though, and I just don't like professional sports. No excitement. Just business. I really hate it when I see Miami, USC, Florida, Notre Dame and Texas fans way the hell up here in the bunch of college aged kids I'm around. No ties in the slightest.

• 2 weeks later...

I can always spot the young guys who have never experienced a real New Years Day party for the end of the College Football Season. Lots of friends getting together, some bringing food, some bringing TVs. Always a unique and fantastic main course made by the host ( I made 12 Peling Ducks one year). You guys don't know what you are missing. National Championship on Monday night whit the teams having 6 weeks off - IDIOTIC!!!

T_O_B