WR Quincy Adeboyejo [Ole Miss Commit]

Am I the only one that isn't really that concerned about not landing Adeboyejo? He seems like a good WR recruit, but he seems to be in the same mold as Walker and Gladney. Was he a target because the coaches are concerned about landing Dixon?

I'm more concerned about getting Clark, or another speedy/shifty slot receiver in the class than another outside wide out.

LOL, Quincy went from unranked according to Rivals to #24 in the class the moment he left A&M and picked up a Texas offer.

Oh, Fat Ketch, you arbitrary and biased fatty.

Does Texas still throw out offers and make a single phone call and still expect recruits to commit?

Texas was in contact with Jake Waters from IWCC. This is what they told him "We have a spot for you on the team, but the only way that you will get a scholarship offer is if you promise to accept it before we extend it." That is almost word for word.

Red Raiders are his current leader

Hard to say for sure, he really enjoyed his visit.

ome sites are saying we are his current leader, it just kind of depends who you ask.

Kingsbury is after him as well and I really think this is a two-horse race between us and Tech.

LOL, Quincy went from unranked according to Rivals to #24 in the class the moment he left A&M and picked up a Texas offer.

Does Texas still throw out offers and make a single phone call and still expect recruits to commit?

Texas was in contact with Jake Waters from IWCC. This is what they told him "We have a spot for you on the team, but the only way that you will get a scholarship offer is if you promise to accept it before we extend it." That is almost word for word.

That's their MO. It's called "being approved for an offer." By doing this, they claim to land basically every kid they offer because they don't offer until the kid accepts beforehand. It's sneaky, lame, ethically gray...so, textbook Texas.

That's their MO. It's called "being approved for an offer." By doing this, they claim to land basically every kid they offer because they don't offer until the kid accepts beforehand. It's sneaky, lame, ethically gray...so, textbook Texas.

I don't mean to derail the topic but I was curious about something. I predicted that A&Ms move to SEC would attract recruits away from UT. One reason being that the Big 12 was becoming more Texas centric similar to SWC and would start to get less national attention outside of Texas. Another reason is that kids would rather play in what is perceived to be the best conference. Any evidence of that? I guess it might be difficult to tell since Texas doesn't have many offers out there for players that are undecided.

I know a few of our 2013 kids and several of our 2014 kids had Texas interest (if not "offers"). Many of the better kids cited the SEC specifically as a big reason they wanted to come to A&M.

Evidence could even be Rivals. As skewed as it is, (they are owned by a Texas t-shirt fan....and in between junior and senior years, INVARIABLY Texas recruits always move up in rankings and A&M ones move down) Rivals has A&M above Texas in recruiting rankings. It's early, but the signs are there.

Yeah Tech is his leader, and will probably end up getting him. Great hire in Kingsbury, not only a great young coach put he will put together a staff of great recruiters too.

Not so sure about the staff part.

Minus Barney, I would say that our staff as a whole have come into their own as recruiters. Barney does a fine job with the local kids and the walk-ons. We had one hell of a walk-on class this past year.

But who would you say isn't the best recruiter????

I was referring to the post about Kingsbury putting together a staff of great recruiters at ITT tech.