WR Quincy Adeboyejo [Ole Miss Commit]

I am going to assume all of A&Ms players are on 1 year renewable scholarships.

I believe all D1 athletes are on 1 year renewable scholarships. The $EC seams to be the one d bag conference that actually uses this to their advantage and cuts under performing players loose so they can sign bigger classes, apparently aTm has caught on quickly.

I believe all D1 athletes are on 1 year renewable scholarships. The $EC seams to be the one d bag conference that actually uses this to their advantage and cuts under performing players loose, apparently aTm has caught on quickly.

Sooo they are using the scholarships on a yearly basis. They are on an athletic scholarship. If they are not performing at the needed level they can be removed from said scholarship. You don't get to maintain your academic scholarship for "effort" you get it for maintaining the required GPA. You get to maintain your athletic scholarship by playing at the level needed.

I'm not saying I agree with it I am just trying to figure out exactly how they look at the situation.

I believe all D1 athletes are on 1 year renewable scholarships. The $EC seams to be the one d bag conference that actually uses this to their advantage and cuts under performing players loose so they can sign bigger classes, apparently aTm has caught on quickly.

This year the big 10 including nebraska went to 4 year scholarships va the normal one year renewable that had been normal

Kind of interesting, wonder if it is a recruiting advantage?

This year the big 10 including nebraska went to 4 year scholarships va the normal one year renewable that had been normal

Pros and Cons with this. It can in a sense hurt dropping dead weight on the roster. On the other hand if you need to free up some roster space you can still get guys off the roster. It also allows the SEC to continue what they are doing while the B1G stays in neutral. Pros could be used as a recruiting angle but the best players don't worry about being cut.

True, I believe the rule was changed starting this year allowing 4 year schollies. Definitely helps the student athletes, but I wont expect the $EC to adopt this assuming its optional.

Sumlin isn't over the number limit in the 25 or 85 number. Quincy is a good kid and we wish him the best, but he didn't like the fact we were signing 8 WRs and TEs. It's fair.

Keep telling yourself that.

They do have 9 early enrollees and 25 non early enrollees currently. Last year signed a class of 18. Not counting any transfers or medical RS. It is very possible that they are not over signing.

• Fire 1

And I'm sure that none of the kids have ANY idea that this is the way that its going to work for high performing programs. Get real; all of the kids know whats going on and if they're that concerned about the possibility of getting dropped for under performance (which I'd be willing to bet is attitude related in a number of cases) then they should sign somewhere else.