angry

MichiganMan

f#*k this conference.

It is definitely on a downswing. Rutgers and Maryland? More ACC teams joining? Legends and Leaders? Neutral site conference games? Urban Meyer? Screw all of that.

tumblr_m6i810tckI1qdd7kjo1_400.gif

Really? This conference is on a downswing because we just picked up some of the most significant media markets and fertile recruiting grounds, we have southern ACC schools with ties to significant media markets and recruiting grounds wanting to join the B1G, a new TV rights deal in 2014-2015, and you're crying over a single home game that could be played at a neutral site and used to generate further media exposure and recruiting interest (like, say, Dallas, Chicago, or New Orleans)?

And for the sake of hilarity, let's just say that the B1G is in a "downswing". It's still more stable than the Big XII, generates more revenue and media exposure for our program than the Big XII ever did, and at least our football program is getting a fair shake. The only athletic program that hasn't benefited from being in the B1G is baseball. But what's funny about that is those ACC schools you're complaining about have good baseball programs which will work with Nebraska to bring about change to the recruiting and geographic restrictions keeping B1G baseball down.

I mean, seriously? These complains make as much sense as the people that wanted to run Dr. Tom off to Colorado--and their opinions were just as premature and myopic as these.

• Fire 1

f#*k this conference.

It is definitely on a downswing. Rutgers and Maryland? More ACC teams joining? Legends and Leaders? Neutral site conference games? Urban Meyer? Screw all of that.

Really? This conference is on a downswing because we just picked up some of the most significant media markets and fertile recruiting grounds, we have southern ACC schools with ties to significant media markets and recruiting grounds wanting to join the B1G, a new TV rights deal in 2014-2015, and you're crying over a single home game that could be played at a neutral site and used to generate further media exposure and recruiting interest (like, say, Dallas, Chicago, or New Orleans)?

And for the sake of hilarity, let's just say that the B1G is in a "downswing". It's still more stable than the Big XII, generates more revenue and media exposure for our program than the Big XII ever did, and at least our football program is getting a fair shake. The only athletic program that hasn't benefited from being in the B1G is baseball. But what's funny about that is those ACC schools you're complaining about have good baseball programs which will work with Nebraska to bring about change to the recruiting and geographic restrictions keeping B1G baseball down.

I mean, seriously? These complains make as much sense as the people that wanted to run Dr. Tom off to Colorado--and their opinions were just as premature and myopic as these.

Are you making any money off of it? These are all horrible moves for the fans. Not to mention the reasoning why I'm supposed to like it is very flawed. Kids in New York are going to come to Nebraska just because we play at Rutgers once every 4-6 years?

From a fan's perspective, the B1G is infinitely worse than the Big XII. Did any of you here have to negotiate things with DeLoss Dodd? Do any of you see the B1G revenue that our athletic department makes? Don't think so. Yet our team is in a much worse position in terms of winning championships. Unfortunately, C.R.E.A.M. and so we just have to deal with it.

From a fan's perspective, the B1G is infinitely worse than the Big XII. Did any of you here have to negotiate things with DeLoss Dodd? Do any of you see the B1G revenue that our athletic department makes? Don't think so. Yet our team is in a much worse position in terms of winning championships. Unfortunately, C.R.E.A.M. and so we just have to deal with it.

anigif_not-sure-if-serious-gif-to-be-used-on-forums-22779-1307655858-12.gif

You do realize we went undefeated with a fullback as a starting at Mike, a new coach, new coordinators, sophomore Qb, limited WRs, and a porous defense right?

If it wasn't for TP and Tress it would have been very easy to win a National Title. I think we would have too. coinflip probably between us and ND.

There's like 3 or 4 potholes along the way to a BCS or Title game.

PSU(not going to be a factor for a while)

scUM

Big Ten Champ game

Everything else should be manageable and sets up nice.

Woody, I believe your biggest hurdle to anything of significance is keeping QB1 healthy!

Well I was thinking in Nebraska terms for 2013 because then I'd have to add Wisky for OSU's hurdles :)

I like our odds but a lot of things will have to go right in 2013.

Nebraska's path might not be easier than the Big XII but they will rack up the wins.

f#*k this conference.

Are you making any money off of it? These are all horrible moves for the fans. Not to mention the reasoning why I'm supposed to like it is very flawed. Kids in New York are going to come to Nebraska just because we play at Rutgers once every 4-6 years?

I disagree with neutral site games being horrible for fans. I for one am a huge fan, but I'm also 24 year old college student that lives in central Texas. Before Nebraska left the Big12 my dad and I would get to see them regularly down here. I think a neutral site game in Dallas would be pretty dandy for those of us that don't live up north. And if it was made to be a yearly endeavor it could pay huge dividends to the universities competing in that game for a slew of different reasons.

You do realize we went undefeated with a fullback as a starting at Mike, a new coach, new coordinators, sophomore Qb, limited WRs, and a porous defense right?

If it wasn't for TP and Tress it would have been very easy to win a National Title. I think we would have too. coinflip probably between us and ND.

Woody, please quit making sense. You're ruining misplaced angst and fear of change.

Woody, please quit making sense. You're ruining misplaced angst and fear of change.

He's not making sense. They got really really lucky to run the table (lol purdue, michigan state) and even if they had, they wouldn't have gotten into the title game. And if they had gotten into the title game, they would have lost worse than Notre Dame. You were not close to winning a title; you were almost luckier than ND to remain undefeated.

My point is this: we could simply recruit texas, beat up on kansas and missouri, get to a Big XII title game, and if we win that one game, we're in a BCS bowl. Our Big Ten road is much tougher. It's a lot tougher to win the conference now because we don't just get into the CCG by default and just have to win or luckbox win one game. Combined with the fact that we now have to go out and recruit against Michigan and Ohio State on a national stage rather than just cleaning up Texas and California, winning a national title gets 1000% more difficult.

Comparing us to Ohio State is hilarious too; I know we are NEBRASKA but they are OHIO STATE. They are bigger, better, have more resources, more recruiting clout than us. Great, tOSU ran the conference in a super weak year. We didn't. Not even close. Ohio State will always be able to grab top-5 classes and hire the best coaches. We are simply one notch below.

He's not making sense. They got really really lucky to run the table (lol purdue, michigan state) and even if they had, they wouldn't have gotten into the title game. (WE DID. And we would have. Only two undefeated teams. never said we were better than Bama) And if they had gotten into the title game, they would have lost worse than Notre Dame(We would be playing ND). You were not close to winning a title; you were almost luckier than ND to remain undefeated.

My point is this: we could simply recruit texas, beat up on kansas and missouri, get to a Big XII title game, and if we win that one game, we're in a BCS bowl. Our Big Ten road is much tougher(How so? ). It's a lot tougher to win the conference now because we don't just get into the CCG by default and just have to win or luckbox win one game. Combined with the fact that we now have to go out and recruit against Michigan and Ohio State on a national stage rather than just cleaning up Texas and California, winning a national title gets 1000% more difficult.

Comparing us to Ohio State is hilarious too; I know we are NEBRASKA but they are OHIO STATE. They are bigger, better, have more resources, more recruiting clout than us. Great, tOSU ran the conference in a super weak year. We didn't. Not even close. Ohio State will always be able to grab top-5 classes and hire the best coaches. We are simply one notch below(Then Wisky is supposedly two notches below. They do pretty well for themselves right?)

I understand that national titles are the goal as well they should be.

Your recruiting class is superior to everyone in your division except for scUM and they have about 6 OLs with a lack of skill position talent. Sounds like a decent situation.

neutral site games in Dallas,Tex , Kansas City,MO etc can only HELP recruiting(why do you think OU plays in Texas every year?).

• Fire 2

He's not making sense. They got really really lucky to run the table (lol purdue, michigan state) and even if they had, they wouldn't have gotten into the title game. And if they had gotten into the title game, they would have lost worse than Notre Dame. You were not close to winning a title; you were almost luckier than ND to remain undefeated.

My point is this: we could simply recruit texas, beat up on kansas and missouri, get to a Big XII title game, and if we win that one game, we're in a BCS bowl. Our Big Ten road is much tougher. It's a lot tougher to win the conference now because we don't just get into the CCG by default and just have to win or luckbox win one game. Combined with the fact that we now have to go out and recruit against Michigan and Ohio State on a national stage rather than just cleaning up Texas and California, winning a national title gets 1000% more difficult.

Comparing us to Ohio State is hilarious too; I know we are NEBRASKA but they are OHIO STATE. They are bigger, better, have more resources, more recruiting clout than us. Great, tOSU ran the conference in a super weak year. We didn't. Not even close. Ohio State will always be able to grab top-5 classes and hire the best coaches. We are simply one notch below.

So your saying that you want to the easy road to the NC? I would rather say that we earned it rather then slid by by defeating the Big12 schools.