angry

MichiganMan

every team will participate in at least one neutral site game every year. according to what's being pitched around

Pros: fun for alumni in those cities(PSU has a lot of alumni in DC for example), great pitch to recruits about playing in NFL stadiums,

cons: games away from the campus, could potentially have big matchups that belong on campus away in neutral sites

Low attendance wouldn't bother me. First off they are gonna make tons of money regardless of attendance, second, Big name programs will sellout. OSU sells out Paul Brown Stadium & Cleveland Stadium with little problem.

The team with the 5 home games should have the option to select which game they want to move away from campus. for example, Huskers get Wisconsin, OSU, Minnesota, Northwestern and Penn State at home one year. They could pick Minnesota to play in KC or StL or something since they want to keep the sexier/tougher matchups at home for their fans.

Honestly I would prefer the 5 home games and 4 road games system without neutral site mandates but more neutral site games would be good for the conference. I'd like every team to participate in at least one every two years.

It makes sense for a 9 conf. schedule because it avoids the uneven home-away split - but I disagree that the choice of neutral games should be up to the perspective schools.

Aside from the logistic issues, the neutral site games will need to be pretty good match ups to have a positive marketing effect.

It makes sense for a 9 conf. schedule because it avoids the uneven home-away split - but I disagree that the choice of neutral games should be up to the perspective schools.

Aside from the logistic issues, the neutral site games will need to be pretty good match ups to have a positive marketing effect.

I'm thinking of keeping it in the best interest of the Campus fans.

Going up to Cleveland for a weekend is fun but nothing beats campus football.

If you move Nebraska vs OSU to Cleveland/Kansas City you are screwing over a lot of campus fans who anticipate those games.

Northwestern vs Illinois(no one would consider either of them powers) played a game in Wrigley.

GREAT marketing. They sold out, heard it was a ton of fun for everyone, even had Gameday at the game.

Outside of the endzone debacle it was well thought out.

I don't see why having Nebraska vs Minnesota in Kansas City(as a bone thrown to KC Husker fans/Alumni) wouldn't be incredibly popular.

Northwestern vs Illinois(no one would consider either of them powers) played a game in Wrigley.

GREAT marketing. They sold out, heard it was a ton of fun for everyone, even had Gameday at the game.

Outside of the endzone debacle it was well thought out.

I don't see why having Nebraska vs Minnesota in Kansas City(as a bone thrown to KC Husker fans/Alumni) wouldn't be incredibly popular.

The Northwestern vs. Illinois was so big because it was such an interesting predicament. The two Illinois Big Ten teams playing each other in Chicago at Wrigley Field. Anyone playing at Wrigley Field will generate a ton of attention.

Nebraska playing at Kansas City would sellout every time just because it's so close to Lincoln, and I would guess the same is true of Michigan at Detroit, and Ohio State at Cleveland/Cincinatti, but that's where it will end aside from amazing peculiar venues such as Wrigley Field.

Are these neutral site games going to be near the schools that are "hosting" the games? Because Iowa has a long way to go to any venue of interest, Minnesota only has the Metrodome (which may be inferior to the Gophers stadium), no one will watch Indiana/Purdue play at Indianapolis, and thinking into the future, where is the appeal of Rutgers/Maryland playing in NFL stadiums? Even the fringe ones that may generate interest don't sound too appealing. I'd much rather see games at Wisconsin at Camp Randall rather than at Lambeau.

It's a pretty unappealing deal from a fan's perspective.

Fingers crossed that the Husker's get a neutral game in Texas. Preferably Dallas.

Glad to see the Big10 is following our lead, we've been doing this on and off for a century and now it's pretty much a given. The best way is to go to a "neutral" site in good recruiting territory where you are the de facto home team. We'll be playing Arizona State in Dallas but Jonestown should be nearly devoid of Sundevils. They won't mind because it will be like one of their own home games by midway through the third quarter.

Fingers crossed that the Husker's get a neutral game in Texas. Preferably Dallas.

Glad to see the Big10 is following our lead, we've been doing this on and off for a century and now it's pretty much a given. The best way is to go to a "neutral" site in good recruiting territory where you are the de facto home team. We'll be playing Arizona State in Dallas but Jonestown should be nearly devoid of Sundevils. They won't mind because it will be like one of their own home games by midway through the third quarter.

I couldn't agree more. I loved it when Nebraska and Notre Dame did this very thing and had a neutral site game in South Bend.

tumblr_l3yrm2zwUG1qzaea0o1_500.jpg

• Fire 7

I couldn't agree more. I loved it when Nebraska and Notre Dame did this very thing and had a neutral site game in South Bend.

:lol: It's funny cuz it's true!

Applause.gif

14616d1347300332-knott-named-big-12-defensive-player-week-applause.gif

tumblr_lme7z9Imgt1qii6tmo1_500.gif

applause.gif

• Fire 1

This is bullsh#t and shouldnt be allowed to happen. Want a neutral site game? Make the CCG or a bowl game. I wanna see the likes of Penn St, Michigan, and Ohio St in frickin Lincoln. I dont want to drive to kansas City. i wont drive to Cleveland. This is just stuped. Talk about watering down the passion and intensity of college football.