**** Official Hockey Thread **** (NHL & College)

walksalone

It doesn't matter, the only chance for the Eastern conference team to bring home the cup is for the Caps to go all the way.

Anyone of the Cali teams would beat any Eastern Conf team that isn't the caps, and I wouldn't even like the Caps chances...

I want to see the Stars win it all only because of Sharp and Oduya.

It doesn't matter, the only chance for the Eastern conference team to bring home the cup is for the Caps to go all the way.

Anyone of the Cali teams would beat any Eastern Conf team that isn't the caps, and I wouldn't even like the Caps chances...

I want to see the Stars win it all only because of Sharp and Oduya.

I'll take it! Don't forget about Johns.

• 1 month later...

You were saying? ;)

Pittsburgh Penguins Win Stanley Cup

Watch Hockey Night In Canada's NHL Season-Ending Montage

The Penguins Get The Cup They Deserved

You were saying? ;)

Pittsburgh Penguins Win Stanley Cup

Watch Hockey Night In Canada's NHL Season-Ending Montage

The Penguins Get The Cup They Deserved

sun shines on a dog's ass everyonce in awhile...

• 1 month later...
Report: Las Vegas NHL Team Will Be Boringly Named After Some Kind Of Hawk, Or Some Other Kind Of Hawk

From SportsLogos.net:

“There are three names the team appears to be moving forward with: the Desert Hawks, the Red Hawks, and the Nighthawks. These names were all registered as several different domain names by Black Knight IP Holding Company, LLC, the company owned by Las Vegas hockey owner Bill Foley within the last few weeks.”

• 4 months later...

• 3 months later...

It definitely made me pucker when I got the update that Matt Murray was hurt in warm-ups and Marc-Andre Fleury was going to start, but The Flower played well last night

Suddenly, Fleury

Unexpected goalies have a history in Pittsburgh. They probably don’t get that first Cup back in ‘91 if Frank Pietrangelo hadn’t stepped in for an injured Tom Barasso and robbed Peter Stastny. Johan Hedberg was a career minor leaguer before leading the Penguins to the conference finals in 2001 and becoming a local sensation. Even last year’s Cup run started off with a dude named Jeff Zatkoff in net.

The unexpected goalie last night, and for who knows how long going forward, just happened to be the winningest goalie in Pittsburgh Penguins history. Marc-Andre Fleury, relegated to a backup role this season and who might’ve been expected to be shipped out at the trade deadline (and is still probably a good bet to get moved this summer), stepped up after a last-minute injury to Matt Murray and was excellent, making 31 saves in Pittsburgh’s 3-1 win over the Blue Jackets to take a 1-0 series lead.

Pens - Jackets highlights:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYTop2lwwvE

• Fire 1