What type of fan do you consider yourself?--Some questions to Ponder

T-Magic

Taylor Martinez a top 3 Husker QB of all time? Not at the moment but after one more year? Perhaps. Records aren't everything but he'll have a lot.

Taylor has been good for Nebraska? Absolutely

Taylor will go down as an elite NU QB? To some, yes. To others, only if we at least win the conference. To others, never. To me, yes.

Bo

5 year+ years late, was Bo the right hire? Yes. Started from the bottom and built in a hurry. Ups and downs over the last couple years but I really think we're ready for another upswing.

Do you think Bo is the coach in 5 years? Yes

What has been Bo's biggest flaw? Temper. I think he's come a long way but will probably never live down his first couple years. I love the fire but he needs to be able to give an on-field interview even when he's upset.

Coaching staff

Do you think Pap is the right guy? For our situation, I'll say yes. Bo still calls the shots so he just needs someone he trusts that can grow into the role.

Do you think Beck is the right guy? Absolutely. Love our offense.

Beck or Watson...? Beck but mostly because he's a Bo guy so I think that makes things work better. Watson did some good things.

Who should be our D-coordinator? For now, Bo is fine. Hopefully Pap will take a little bit more each year.

Media Don't pay enough attention to care.

Husker legends

Who is your favorite Husker player of all time? Touchdown Tommie

Does Rex deserve to be considered a Husker great? Absolutely. He would likely have been the #2 all-time rusher had he not gotten injured. That's REALLY good company. And he did it without ... shall I say ... the most helpful line in front of him.

You can have a beer with any husker player/coach/admin, who do you pick??? Not sure how this answer could not be Tom Osborne.

This all being said, what type of fan do you consider yourself... I'm sure I'm more optimistic than most but it is tempered with realism. I don't expect us to win a national title every year but think we can do better than we have. Looking for a good run the next 3-4 years.

TMART. Great for Nebraska, really the main reason we have won the games we have.

Bo. Not a fan by any means, but does a good job at somethings, seems to be learning and hopefully losing some of his stubborness, his major shortfall.

Cory Ross, will always be my favorite Husker, Rex is 2nd and Kenny Walker third.

Realist

T-Magic

Taylor Martinez a top 3 Husker QB of all time?-- Not yet, all depends how he finishes his career. Right now it's Frazier, Gill, and crouch in no particular order.

Taylor has been good for Nebraska? - Before this season I would have said no, however, you cannot deny his role in engineering those comebacks this year and even having us in the Big 10 title game. He absolutely was the season MVP this year.

Taylor will go down as an elite NU QB? --Yes; elite athlete with many school records, he'll be remembered and talked about for a long time. Him, Vince Young, Brad Smith, and Colin Kaepernick are the only QB's in NCAA history to have 6,000 passing yards and 2,500 rushing yards before their senior year. Pretty good company, should go down as an elite NCAA QB but that's not likely to happen unless he brings the house down in 2013.

Bo

5 year+ years late, was Bo the right hire? Absolutely. Outside of his Family, friends, and players, you will not find a bigger Bo supporter than me. Even if we went 0-12.

Do you think Bo is the coach in 5 years? Not sure, the recent rise in anti-Bo sentiment has me nervous, but if it were up to me I want Bo to coach for a long time and retire here at NU. I love the man (hence my profile picture).

What has been Bo's biggest flaw?

The penalties and turnovers. If that problem were eliminated we'd have consistently stayed in the top 10 since 2010 onward.

Coaching staff

Do you think Pap is the right guy? Jury's still out, it's only his second year. My inclination is to say no, but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt since he's learned from Bo, Saban, and Muschamp, the three greatest defensive minds in the game right now.

Do you think Beck is the right guy? Yes, but I'll be surprised if he doesn't take a head coaching offer within 5 years.

Beck or Watson...? Before the 2012 season, I would have said Watson because I was not a fan of our offense at all in 2011. But a year of familiarity for the players allowed Beck to show his capablity to make brilliant in-game adjustments, something Watson was not so adept at.

Who should be our D-coordinator? Wanted Mike Stoops really bad after he was let go by Arizona, but the only other guy who could have lured him away from his buddy Bo, did. Big brother bobby.

Media

Who is your favorite/least Husker media guy? Sipple or McKewon for favorite/Drama-queen Dirk Chatelain as least favorite and it's not even close.

Who is the biggest homer/biggest realist? Sipple/McKewon.

Dirk supporter or hater? The man should have his journalism degree revoked. Big Dirk hater.

Husker legends

Who is your favorite Husker player of all time? Lawrence Phillips. Behind him would have to be followed by Alex Henery, Josh Bullocks, Maurice Purify, Demorrio Williams, Terrell Farley, Kyle Vanden Bosch, and Turner Gill in no particular order.

Does Rex deserve to be considered a Husker great? Yes. Top 5 Rushing yards All-time at I-back U, that's all that needs to be said.

You can have a beer with any husker player/coach/admin, who do you pick??? Corey Mckeon (funniest interviewer I've seen)/Monte Kiffin/Bob Devaney

I had a discussion with a co-worker about the type of Husker fan he was. Are you a homer? Are you a realist?

So, i have a few questions that I think are "hot button" topics... I would say since i didnt grow up a Husker fan, my dedication is growing each year, but i never got to taste the championship years.. I have only had the Callahan/Bo years.

So here we go:

T-Magic

Taylor Martinez a top 3 Husker QB of all time?-- No

Taylor has been good for Nebraska? Yes

Taylor will go down as an elite NU QB? Yes

Bo

5 year+ years late, was Bo the right hire? Yes

What has been Bo's biggest flaw? Turnovers and media relations

Coaching staff

Do you think Pap is the right guy? Not sold on him. Like his energy; need some results though. Everyone knows the DC is really Bo.

Do you think Beck is the right guy? Yes, absolutely

Beck or Watson...? What kind of question is this

Who should be our D-coordinator? Bo Pelini

Media

Who is your favorite/least Husker media guy? Favorite: tie between Tom Shatel/Sam McKewon.

Who is the biggest homer/biggest realist? Biggest homer: Steven M. Sipple. Realist: Dirk Chatelain

Dirk supporter or hater? Supporter.

Husker legends

Who is your favorite Husker player of all time? Eric Crouch

Does Rex deserve to be considered a Husker great? Yes

You can have a beer with any husker player/coach/admin, who do you pick??? Is Tom Osborne still allowed? If so, him, if not, Bo Pelini.

This all being said, what type of fan do you consider yourself... A devoted yet cynical, positive yet sarcastic, die-hard fan. A realist, I guess.

GBR

T-Magic

Taylor Martinez a top 3 Husker QB of all time?--

No . you have to win championships- we arent in an all games end in a tie type league where everyone gets a trophy at the end

Led the country in fumbles 3 years in a row- so nope

Taylor has been good for Nebraska?

Yes, we are down a little

Taylor will go down as an elite NU QB?

No

Bo

5 year+ years late, was Bo the right hire?

Yes, righted the ship, some stability there along with embracing the past

Do you think Bo is the coach in 5 years?

No, he gets too uptight by what people say. One day he's going to think being under another microscope is better than the one he's under here.

Sideline, Media

Coaching staff

Do you think Pap is the right guy?

Not sure

Do you think Beck is the right guy?

Yes, I like the offense

Beck or Watson...?

Beck-

Media

Who is your favorite/least Husker media guy?

Dont care

Dirk supporter or hater?

Neither

He provides info, I make my own decisions

Husker legends

Who is your favorite Husker player of all time?

Tommie Frazier

Does Rex deserve to be considered a Husker great?

No

Great kid, very talented, but he isnt in the same class as Green, Phillips, Kinney, Craig, Hipp,

You can have a beer with any husker player/coach/admin, who do you pick???

Bo

In all honesty, these are very low level, boring questions... But i figured it is friday, so lets just put all our stances in one thread.

This all being said, what type of fan do you consider yourself...

A consistent supporter who knows the game and makes reasonable observations- not knee-jerk, not with rose colored glasses on either

I had a discussion with a co-worker about the type of Husker fan he was. Are you a homer? Are you a realist?

So, i have a few questions that I think are "hot button" topics... I would say since i didnt grow up a Husker fan, my dedication is growing each year, but i never got to taste the championship years.. I have only had the Callahan/Bo years.

So here we go:

T-Magic

Taylor Martinez a top 3 Husker QB of all time? Depends on his performance next season.

Taylor has been good for Nebraska? Yes

Taylor will go down as an elite NU QB? This also depends on his play next season.

Bo

5 year+ years late, was Bo the right hire? Yes

What has been Bo's biggest flaw? Limiting costly mistakes.

Coaching staff

Do you think Pap is the right guy? Has yet to be determined.

Do you think Beck is the right guy? Yes

Beck or Watson...? Beck. Watson wasn't the right fit.

Who should be our D-coordinator? Bo until he feels Pap is ready to run the defense.

Husker legends

Who is your favorite Husker player of all time? Ahman Green

Does Rex deserve to be considered a Husker great? Definitely

You can have a beer with any husker player/coach/admin, who do you pick??? Bo

This all being said, what type of fan do you consider yourself... I don't have a great answer to this one. I'd say I fall somewhere in the middle between homer and realist.

T-Magic

Taylor Martinez a top 3 Husker QB of all time?--

Not yet. If he improves on his tendency to create turnovers this year, I believe he has a chance to be though.

Taylor has been good for Nebraska?

Absolutely. He's a tremendous athlete and he has worked hard to get where he is.

Taylor will go down as an elite NU QB?

If you'd have asked me that last season, I'd have said no, but I've changed my mind. He could be one of the top 5 now, and I'm hoping he improves on that next season.

Bo

5 year+ years late, was Bo the right hire?

I wish I could answer this question with just a yes or a no, but I can't. At the time of the hire, I believed that the right choice was made. Now I'm just not sure.

Do you think Bo is the coach in 5 years?

I'm leaning toward yes. If we keep going at our current pace I think he will have done well enough just to keep his job, but one bad season could send him packing. I don't see us sinking to where we were during Callahan's tenure, which is why I'm thinking he'll still be here 5 years from now.

Lack of discipline. The amount of mental mistakes that we've seen from the Huskers the past few years tells me that there's something that's just not getting to them. If it were just one or two guys, I'd say it was their problem, but we see it from a lot of different players, and that leads me to believe that there's a missing piece in the coaching.

Coaching staff

Do you think Pap is the right guy?

If he's the one who's really running the defense and not Pelini, then he has a lot of room for improvement. That's all I'll say.

Do you think Beck is the right guy?

Yes. For the most part, I like Beck's play calling. He gambles a lot more than some people like, and I've questioned his play calling on a few different occasions (mainly when he goes into Mike Leach mode when we get behind) but for the most part I think he calls a solid game.

Beck or Watson...?

Beck, for sure.

Who should be our D-coordinator?

That's a good question. I'd like to see us get away from the 2-gap scheme, but I don't have any good names to throw out there.

Media

Who is your favorite/least Husker media guy?

Favorite is McKewon, I really like the way he writes. I can't honestly say I have a least favorite. Considering some of the crap I've seen written about Nebraska football from outside sources, it's really hard for me to have any ire toward any of the OWH or Lincoln sports journalists.

Who is the biggest homer/biggest realist?

I think they're all a pretty good mix of the two. They all know there are things that need a lot of improvement, they just don't all agree on what those things are.

Dirk supporter or hater?

More supporter than hater. The relationship he has with Bo is between those two. I'm sure he asks Bo some ridiculous questions, but journalists ask stupid questions all the time. I've never read a Chatelain article that angered me. He has his opinions, just like everybody else, he just gets paid to write them.

Husker legends

Who is your favorite Husker player of all time?

If I have to pick one, I'll say Tommie Frazier.

Does Rex deserve to be considered a Husker great?

As much as I'd like to say yes, I'm just not sure. He's definitely one of the best of this generation, but it's hard for me to say that he's one of the all-time greats.

You can have a beer with any husker player/coach/admin, who do you pick???

Tom Osborne

...what type of fan do you consider yourself...

Just someone who loves football, and the Huskers. People may not like the way I express my fanhood, but at the end of the day whether those people realize it or not, I want my Huskers to be the best team they can possibly be, just like they do.