2013 PGA Tour Discussion Thread

tschu

This is not going to end well for Sergio:

He made a fried chicken joke about Tiger today. http://www.telegraph...ala-dinner.html

Oh boy.

Sergio -

1 - Win something

2 - Verify Step 1 Complete

3 - Open your yap

I dunno. All this smack talk makes golf more interesting. Sort of like the 30-for-30 about the feud between Mohammad Ali and Joe Frazier. (Except a Joe Frazier with the skillz of Duane Bobick.)

I think it would be great if it was a feud with Phil or Rory or another legitimate major champion golfer. But Tiger has owned Sergio so hard over the years, makes this just kind of sad.

Standard apology from Sergio today. I'm hoping Tiger comes out and publicly accepts the apology so we can maybe just move on and watch the best year of golf since...I dunno, 2006 probably

Try this again:

Well, this should put the issue to rest:

O'Grady has sparked fresh anger with his comments on Sky Sports 1: "It's very unfortunate and we are in the middle of it, but we made a statement that both together with commissioner Tim Finchem from the PGA Tour we spoke to Sergio and after what was really a very full and frank discussion on the whole issue that we'd accept his really heartfelt apology and we were convinced that he was trying to be funny -- that it was a lighthearted remark."

"We know the connotation in the United States. We accept all races on the European Tour, we take it very strongly. Most of Sergio's friends are colored athletes in the United States and he is absolutely abject in his apology and we accepted it."

*Emphasis added

Golf.com

• 2 weeks later...

lol Tiger

Wow. A bogey and two doubles on the back nine. And he still has the front nine to play. The conditions must be horrible. I see a lot of big numbers on the back nine today. :lol: