2013 PGA Tour Discussion Thread

tschu

And just like that, the anchor putter has been banned.

Good. IMO it's the correct call - it fundamentally changes the nature of the golf swing by using a club as a pendulum with a fulcrum point against the body. Free-swinging action has always been the way golf is played. No more hiding flaws with a gimmicky approach to putting.

It will hurt some players in the short term, but hey, just learn to actually putt.

• Fire 1

I have to agree with you, tschu. I don't have any empirical evidence that it is an advantage. In my gut, it just feels against the spirit of the game. I've never been a fan. I understand arguments for it. I just wish they would have ruled on this 20-30 years ago.

And just like that, the anchor putter has been banned.

Good. IMO it's the correct call - it fundamentally changes the nature of the golf swing by using a club as a pendulum with a fulcrum point against the body. Free-swinging action has always been the way golf is played. No more hiding flaws with a gimmicky approach to putting.

It will hurt some players in the short term, but hey, just learn to actually putt.

This. Couldn't have said it any better.

As many have said, "If were really an advantage, everyone would be doing it." That may not be totally accurate but I don't think it's a huge advantage. That being said, I'm not sorry to see it go.

It's an advantage if you have the yips. And also if you're dropping one club-length from a spot. :lol:

As many have said, "If were really an advantage, everyone would be doing it." That may not be totally accurate but I don't think it's a huge advantage. That being said, I'm not sorry to see it go.

It's an advantage if you have the yips. And also if you're dropping one club-length from a spot. :lol:

You can still use a long putter, just not anchor it. Now THAT would be interesting to watch...

Won't take effect until 2016...don't know why they don't just implement it next season.

They have had 20 years to make this decision. You have guys like Keegan and Webb who have used it all of their competitive careers. Would be very unfair to only give them 7 months notice.

I love this, not gonna lie! Not the stupid Sergio insult so much as the fact that he keeps biting at every Tiger morsel dangled in front of him. It magnifies his insecurities in relation to Tiger. It's almost like he can't help himself. His filter malfunctions when asked about Tiger. I was actually hoping this feud would've driven the Tour over the past 10 years but Sergio's failure to accomplish anything this side of the Ryder Cup, has prevented this from coming to fruition!

Here's hoping that Sergio's pillowy soft verbal jabs lights a fire inside Tiger and pushes him past Jack. I love when Tiger is in contention, I'm not necessarily a Tiger fan. Him in contention on Sundays is always some of the ear drama in sports. Plus how often do we get to experience the eclipse of one of those hallowed sports records. So here's to hoping Sergio keeps inserting his foot in his mouth and if the US Open really wants eyeballs, pair these two together Thursday and Friday!