2013 PGA Tour Discussion Thread

tschu

Adam Scott leading another major. It is hard to imagine that this guy won't win multiple majors.... One helluva player....

Lets see how he does when they take away his belly putter in a couple years. One of the best iron hitters on tour, but can get into trouble on the greens.

I would expect Scott, and Bradley (among others) to adjust accordingly....

Someone must have p!$$ed in their tea:

Lee Westwood apologized Monday to his sponsors and "true followers" for a three-hour, early morning Twitter rant in which he vented his frustrations after a 76 left him 13 shots behind winner Jason Dufner at the PGA Championship.

Westwood, who entered the final round within six shots of the lead in a bid for a first major championship title -- in 63 tries -- wrote at 4:11 a.m. ET he had grown tired of "sitting there taking it. Bring it on," before later saying he hadn't "chewed up a troll for a good while."

<snip>

Ian Poulter chimed in several hours after Westwood's spiel with a message of his own, saying they should have joined forces.

"You been having some twitter trouble," Poulter wrote. "Let me know next time we both let them have it. Funnier."

Poulter went on to criticize an apparent recent trend on tour of fans yelling bizarre phrases after players' tee shots.

ESPN Article

I gotta give a shout out for Luke Guthrie, the rookie player from my little home town (pop. 50k). He was only rookie to make the cut in the PGA Championship. He had a rough Sunday. Finished tied for 47th, one stroke behind Tiger. So far Guthrie has made 14 of 25 cuts this year for just under a million in earnings. Finished in the top 10 twice. Looks like he'll keep his card. :thumbs:

• 2 weeks later...