Catholic Hospital says Fetus is not a person

yes, i agree. and it does get dicey. there is also a difference in morals (which can be secular or motivated by religion) and religious beliefs, even though they can come to the same conclusions (e.g., you can be secular and against abortion).

I would agree with all that except I don't think it matters what motivates a persons morals. No difference if they come from religion or if you're secular, it is still that persons belief structure.

i must have misrepresented my point, but i agree with what you said. but you can not legislate morals without justification beyond religion. it is a sin to kill someone, but i do not think that is why it is illegal. that was my point.

I agree with that and I don't think you misrepresented your point. I just ran with it in a slightly different direction. It seems in our society some secular people are opposed to people of faith drawing any of their morals from their religion and sometimes they take it a step further and assume that any/all religious peoples morals are derived from their faith and therefore are not valid in a secular society . I guess that is what I was trying to get across. And I wasn't intending to direct any of that at you personally.

I am pro-choice but not in the commonly accepted way. I believe a woman has the right to choose but that decision comes long before pregnancy. The time to choose is before copulation. There are condoms in the restrooms of almost every ouicky shop/gas station. Either that or keep one in your purse just in case. There are certainly other methods of birth control out there and their use is also a matter of individual choise. There is the right to choose. If a woman does not take the responsible path prior to intercourse then there are certain consequences that come with your irresponsible act. Abortion is not the answer. There are good people out there who want but can not have children, who will go to the ends of the earth and spend enormous sums to adopt a child. From now on the "A" word in the "woman;s right to choose" argument should not be abortion but adoption. Nine months of pregnancy is a small price to pay for an act of irresponsibility especially when so much good can be done and so much happiness created by the alternative.

T_O_B

• Fire 1

Obama Administration’s New Birth Control Rules Already Gaining Support Among Catholic Leaders

According to the updated regulation, insurers will provide separate, individual birth control coverage for the women who work at religiously-affiliated organizations, like Catholic hospitals and universities. The U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops has issued a statement to say they “welcome” the new Obamacare regulations, and plan to comment further after a more thorough review of the rules. Other Catholic groups and theologians — including the right-leaning Catholic League — have already come out in support of the compromise, celebrating the new rules as an effective balance between religious concerns about contraception and women’s preventative health care...

yes, i agree. and it does get dicey. there is also a difference in morals (which can be secular or motivated by religion) and religious beliefs, even though they can come to the same conclusions (e.g., you can be secular and against abortion).

I would agree with all that except I don't think it matters what motivates a persons morals. No difference if they come from religion or if you're secular, it is still that persons belief structure.

it is a sin to kill someone,

Unless you are under the command of God then it's perfectly ok. Also raping women and killing children after battle also seems ok.

I am pro-choice but not in the commonly accepted way. I believe a woman has the right to choose but that decision comes long before pregnancy. The time to choose is before copulation. There are condoms in the restrooms of almost every ouicky shop/gas station. Either that or keep one in your purse just in case. There are certainly other methods of birth control out there and their use is also a matter of individual choise. There is the right to choose. If a woman does not take the responsible path prior to intercourse then there are certain consequences that come with your irresponsible act. Abortion is not the answer. There are good people out there who want but can not have children, who will go to the ends of the earth and spend enormous sums to adopt a child. From now on the "A" word in the "woman;s right to choose" argument should not be abortion but adoption. Nine months of pregnancy is a small price to pay for an act of irresponsibility especially when so much good can be done and so much happiness created by the alternative.

T_O_B

If those women would have just kept their legs closed, right?

Yikes. :hmmph

• Fire 1

T_O_B

If those women would have just kept their legs closed, right?

Yikes. :hmmph

If would help if they would stop dressing so provocatively. They're just asking for it, really.

• Fire 3