Big XII Championship Permanently in Dallas?

DaveH

C'mon Steve Pederson talk about surrendering the big 12 to Texas. I think it should rotate to every stadium in the big 12 (except Colorado where the fans don't deserve it). Who cares if it's cold. Most of the teams have played in cold weather.

I agree. This game is part of Big XII conference, north and south. Games should rotate to all of the schools (possibly excluding those with small stadiums). Or, it could be played at an alternate stadium. Housed permanatly in Texas, gives unfair advantage to Texas/Oklahoma teams. I am sure if it were to be played permanatly in Lincoln, other schools would be irrate. The cold in the north should not factor into the equation. If teams are to sensitive to play in the cold, then they should quit football and pick up swimming.

They had games at Arrowhead and it was cold there a couple of years ago.  It comes down to money and where people will want to go and spend money and spend a few days at.

That's 100 percent right. The Big12 plays this games b/c of the revenue it generates. You start sticking people in cold climates on a constant basis, the game will lose money. Can you imagine a 12-0 Nebraska team playing a 12-0 Oklahoma or Texas team in a Big12 title game in say...Colorado or even Denver in early December?

It's been freezing in Omaha the last 2 weeks and going to a game in the south gives fans the chance to crawl to a warm weather climate and enjoy the game instead of freezing their butts off.

Arrowhead may be putting a roof on that The NFL wants for them to get a Super Bowl. That would be the place I would like to see it held when its done. Having it in Texas till some thing is decided can only help Nebraska if we can get to the title game on a regular basis. Since the Big 12 was formed it has only killed our recruting down there. Tex, TexT,Tex AM, get first pick and the rest of the conf gets the left overs. The super conf thing only saved the Texas schools didn't do anything for the Big 8. IMO

GBR!!! <_<

C'mon Steve Pederson talk about surrendering the big 12 to Texas.  I think it should rotate to every stadium in the big 12 (except Colorado where the fans don't deserve it).  Who cares if it's cold. Most of the teams have played in cold weather.

i want that in writing...

paragraph 4, section 3, subsection VII...

"... the Big XII Football Championship shall be rotated between the states of all member schools except for Colorado until such time that they prove that their students, alumni and fan base in general are not complete and total a$$-clowns and c**k-jockeys.."