Killing Time - The "Name The Best...Game"

Best Sports Movie - Friday Night Lights. Probably not most people's pick, but this movie is incredible. Combination of true story, faithfulness to the book, and just damn fine cinematography and score makes this my #1.

Best Video Game - Definitely echoing zoogies here. Honorable mention to Half-Life 2.

Best Poster on Huskerboard - Easy. Landl.....knapplc. Easy.

Best Villian - Magua, Last of the Mohicans (Wes Studi) When I saw Chingachgook beat him to death at the end, I was standing up saying f*ck yea

Best Gangster Role - Christopher Walken - Frank White (King of New York)

Best Sports Characters - Hansen Brothers (anyone else pales in comparison)

Best Character in a Western - Doc Holliday, Tombstone (Val Kilmer)

Best Video Game - Nobunaga's Ambition (feudal japan) Played that for hours

Never played the video game, but this is a GREAT list! I completely forgot about King of New York...that's an epic crime flick. "They're for the bullet holes, puta!" I love that movie, and Walken is in prime form. There are a lot of great scenes, but my favorite is probably when he shows up at the mafia card game. These guys are dangerous men in their own right, but Frank White makes them VERY uncomfortable. And he should. He's probably going to kill someone when he's smiling at you. Which, of course, he does.

Magua makes that movie. I actually (this probably sounds weird) understood Magua, and rooted for him to succeed. I don't know...I hated watching him hack up (Chingachgook?)'s son...it was actually a rough scene to watch. But Magua lives in a world full of violent interlopers who are never going to leave, and they'll keep growing in size and taking more and more. So, I liked Magua because he seemed to play down his intelligence around his "superiors," and then, when he left in his element and to his own devices, he takes his vengeance. He's not really a villain to me, actually. He's a product of his environment. (Frank Costello would disapprove of that. Amiright?)

Best Villian - Magua, Last of the Mohicans (Wes Studi) When I saw Chingachgook beat him to death at the end, I was standing up saying f*ck yea

Best Gangster Role - Christopher Walken - Frank White (King of New York)

Best Sports Characters - Hansen Brothers (anyone else pales in comparison)

Best Character in a Western - Doc Holliday, Tombstone (Val Kilmer)

Best Video Game - Nobunaga's Ambition (feudal japan) Played that for hours

Never played the video game, but this is a GREAT list! I completely forgot about King of New York...that's an epic crime flick. "They're for the bullet holes, puta!" I love that movie, and Walken is in prime form. There are a lot of great scenes, but my favorite is probably when he shows up at the mafia card game. These guys are dangerous men in their own right, but Frank White makes them VERY uncomfortable. And he should. He's probably going to kill someone when he's smiling at you. Which, of course, he does.

Magua makes that movie. I actually (this probably sounds weird) understood Magua, and rooted for him to succeed. I don't know...I hated watching him hack up (Chingachgook?)'s son...it was actually a rough scene to watch. But Magua lives in a world full of violent interlopers who are never going to leave, and they'll keep growing in size and taking more and more. So, I liked Magua because he seemed to play down his intelligence around his "superiors," and then, when he left in his element and to his own devices, he takes his vengeance. He's not really a villain to me, actually. He's a product of his environment. (Frank Costello would disapprove of that. Amiright?)

It's not weird, I understood Magua too. Him wanting to kill Monro so that his "seed will be wiped from the earth" is deep. He is completely a product of his environment, but him killing Chingachgook's son, meant, that motherf*cker had to die. Magua was sneaky good, but his heart was wrong, as pointed out by the great Sachem (?)

King of New York is criminally underrated and I guess it should get mentioned in the same breath as "Goodfella's"...

• Fire 1

It's not weird, I understood Magua too. Him wanting to kill Monro so that his "seed will be wiped from the earth" is deep. He is completely a product of his environment, but him killing Chingachgook's son, meant, that motherf*cker had to die. Magua was sneaky good, but his heart was wrong, as pointed out by the great Sachem (?)

King of New York is criminally underrated and I guess it should get mentioned in the same breath as "Goodfella's"...

+1. No one gives that movie the credit it deserves.

I really want to watch both of those movies now. I haven't scene Mohicans in forever, and it really is a great movie, without the love interest bs that I don't care about. I kind of just don't like that actress...she's in 12 Monkeys too, another great movie, and she's alright in that I guess. But she always annoyed me in Last of the Mohicans.

• Fire 1

+1. No one gives that movie the credit it deserves.

I really want to watch both of those movies now. I haven't scene Mohicans in forever, and it really is a great movie, without the love interest bs that I don't care about. I kind of just don't like that actress...she's in 12 Monkeys too, another great movie, and she's alright in that I guess. But she always annoyed me in Last of the Mohicans.

+1

I may go home and see if both are on demand through my cable company. Madeline Stowe is the chicks name, and yea, she does get annoying.

Mohicans is in my top 5 of all time...

Best Drummer of all time: Neil Peart of Rush.

you realize, by saying that, you're opening a can of worms...

Best Drummers: Neil Peart, Brann Dailor, Charlie Benante

Best Bassists: Steve Harris, Les Claypool, Geddy Lee

Best Guitarists: Hendrix, Van Halen, SRV, Billy Gibbons, Dimebag

haha, I was hoping to. Love to hear what other think when it comes to this.

Best Drummer: Neil Peart, Nikko McBrain (single bass)

Best Bassists: Steve Harris (agree with you), Billy Shehan

Best Guitarists: Ritchie Blackmore, Steve Vai, Joe Satriani

Drummers and bass players, no arguement...

Guitar players though, I always thought Vai used too many effects and it deluded his talent. Satriani is a f'ing god.

I also forgot to add Flo Mournier to my list of drummers. Dude plays for a technical death metal band from Quebec called, Cryptopsy. You tube him if you get the chance, he's an animal...

Drummers and bass players, no arguement...

Guitar players though, I always thought Vai used too many effects and it deluded his talent. Satriani is a f'ing god.

I also forgot to add Flo Mournier to my list of drummers. Dude plays for a technical death metal band from Quebec called, Cryptopsy. You tube him if you get the chance, he's an animal...

I will look that up.

You can probably see that I'm a little older, grew up a teenager in the 70's, so I am not familiar with the newer groups. Hard rock guy here.

I personally would put Jimmy Page on the list of guitarists, simply because he has written some of the most memorable guitar licks of all time.

I will look that up.

You can probably see that I'm a little older, grew up a teenager in the 70's, so I am not familiar with the newer groups. Hard rock guy here.

I personally would put Jimmy Page on the list of guitarists, simply because he has written some of the most memorable guitar licks of all time.

Jimmy Page was great, but he was sloppy, which I guess added to his greatness...