Who does not redshirt?

My guess for 2013 non redshirted players:

Adam Taylor or Terrell Newby(1 of the 2)

Nathan Gerry

Chongo Kondolo

Matt Finnin

Randy Gregory

DJ Singelton

Gabe Miller

Possibly Cethan Carter, Earnest Suttles, Zach Hannon, Dwayne Johnson

I think with depth concerns on both lines last year that they may be willing to burn a shirt or two to have the right depth. Of course if they dont need to burn the redshirt they wont...this is just my guess! GBR!

Of any of the freshmen OL to get a redshirt pulled, I think it'd be the other one, Knevel.

I think redshirting is extremly valuable if evaluated correctly. If there is a wealth of talent at a particular position (for example this year at LB.) I would understand if Banderas and Newby were redshirted. But if there is a serious question at another position like DT or DE I could see almost all of the D-Lineman that signed yesterday to help with depth and trying to make an impact as true freshman! In years past I think that we have acknowledged who was going to redshirt before the season starts this year I think the number will be much lower and you always can redshirt half way through the season if they never see the field. Kind of what they did with Westerkamp last year...

My guess for 2013 non redshirted players: Adam Taylor or Terrell Newby(1 of the 2) Nathan Gerry Chongo Kondolo Matt Finnin Randy Gregory DJ Singelton Gabe Miller Possibly Cethan Carter, Earnest Suttles, Zach Hannon, Dwayne Johnson I think with depth concerns on both lines last year that they may be willing to burn a shirt or two to have the right depth. Of course if they dont need to burn the redshirt they wont...this is just my guess! GBR!
Of any of the freshmen OL to get a redshirt pulled, I think it'd be the other one, Knevel.

I could see that happening especially since he will be here early but at the collegiate level its much easier to make the transition from HS to college playing guard or center than tackle. Purely from a pass blocking point of view. Thats why I thought they would redshirt Knevel and not redshirt some of the smaller O-Line signees. Just my opinion. I think we all can agree that if we have a very productive and healthy spring it will be much easier to identify who needs to redshirt and who dosent.

The problem i have with this staff is that they burn red shirts early in the year in garbage time, but come late in the year during crunch time, these kids make it on to milk cartons.if they are going to burn a shirt, they had better damn well pay. If the pat is any indication, from Bo's statements yesterday, i have a bad feeling that about 60 percent of this class will have their red shirts burned, but totally wasted by the staff.

This staff has made many absolutely stupid personnel decisions, and until they stop that trend, i expect it to continue

Really don't want to see both frosh backs play this season. Not saying any of the current or signed players is in the "it's all about me mode" but I feel like such a crowded backfield (that will stay crowded next year as well) could really wear on the confidence of younger guys, a la Aaron Green and, to an extent, Heard. Play one, redshirt the other.

• Fire 1

The problem i have with this staff is that they burn red shirts early in the year in garbage time, but come late in the year during crunch time, these kids make it on to milk cartons.

Not trying to argue, I just am wondering who you are talking about.

All JUCOs will play unless they are not as good as the coaches think they are.

Gregory

Finnen

Kondolo

Singleton (not a JUCO but similar situation) The only way this doesn't happen is if a year away from football has him really rusty.

True Freshmen are as needed on the field.

D line

Natter

Collins

Offensive skill positions

Newby

Carter or Hart at TE

I definitely don't see Stanton playing early and I would guess our true freshmen O line won't play. The exception is Miller as LS.

All of this obviously can change really quick depending on injuries.

As for any of the new guys like Kondolo starting at Center, I would be surprised at this. He would need to really learn the offense fast. The Center needs to know the offense just as much as anyone on the team. He needs to be the leader on that line making blocking calls...etc. I think that is pretty hard to do as someone just coming into the program even if they have spring ball to learn it.

However, I have been surprised before.

the jucos will all play you rarely see jucos redshirt, hart and carter could both play this year since there is no one returning thats proven as a pass catcher, anyone projected to be a wide receiver or corner will probably redshirt since there is a lot of depth at those positions, both D-tackles could play atleast one will, not sure about Gerry he looks the part but the transition from south dakota highschool football to college must be a huge transition and i think i remember reading something about stanton where he said he was gonna redshirt

Gregory and Finnin are almost guarantees to play immediately.

At RB position, either Adams or Newby will be RS'ing. Depends on who wins the #3 spot. Its going to be hard for them to get #2 over Cross, but its possible.

DLine, I believe all will RS. McMullen, Gregory, Moss and Ankrah will be more than enough at DE, unless one is to become injured. Valentine, Guy, Curry, Williams, and Uher will be enough at DL, unless one was to get injured. I believe these guys will be in full rotation of eachother and a couple may play all 4 quarters with a breather or two. If a kid doesn't want to RS, then throw them into the mix, otherwise, teach them the plays and build them up.

LB, its a toss up on that position on who is going to get RS. I think Bandares, Love and Newby could be instant contributors, BUT your also looking at Anderson, Brown, Afalava, Santos, Pirman and Roach getting starting jobs or being second in rotation from eachother. If that is to happen, you would only think that our young LB crew would be RS'ed or put on special teams to get their feet wet for the game.

Safety: Singleton is pretty set that he won't RS. If I was Corso, I would tell the kid "Not so Fast!" because you can't count Dixon, Martinez and especially Gerry out. Safety isn't an easy position to play here. A TON of responsibilities. Way more than the 'normal' Safety. My guess, you will see 2 of these kids get moved to CB because they won't understand how to manage the secondary. Not a knock on them, but its probably one of the toughest positions to play here at NU.

Really don't want to see both frosh backs play this season. Not saying any of the current or signed players is in the "it's all about me mode" but I feel like such a crowded backfield (that will stay crowded next year as well) could really wear on the confidence of younger guys, a la Aaron Green and, to an extent, Heard. Play one, redshirt the other.

With Ameers fumble problem and slight build, my guess is we use both true frosh RBs this year. B1G football is brutal and we saw last year how valuable it was to have 4 RBs capable of handling the position.

With Ameers fumble problem and slight build, my guess is we use both true frosh RBs this year. B1G football is brutal and we saw last year how valuable it was to have 4 RBs capable of handling the position.

Ameer, Cross and Adams or Newby should be more than enough with a mix of Janovich and Marrow back there as well. Burning both Fresman's RS would be a waste. Its going to be hard enough for Beck to get 2 kids the ball let alone 3, then your talking about 4... Why do you think they were trying to get Heard on the field more at WR? One or both will be RS'ed I can almost guarantee that.

I could see Taylor possibly redshirting simply from his past injury. Obviously he was a beast this year in HS and I know Texas football is everything but once you get into college, it's more physical and demanding and I think he would benefit greatly having the training staff work with him to make sure everything is good before contributing.

I could see Taylor possibly redshirting simply from his past injury. Obviously he was a beast this year in HS and I know Texas football is everything but once you get into college, it's more physical and demanding and I think he would benefit greatly having the training staff work with him to make sure everything is good before contributing.

Samuel McKewon@swmckewonOWH

Adam Taylor works w/2 personal trainers. 1 for speed. 1 for strength. 4:00-8:45 each day. If you wanna know how he's preparing. #NU2013

• Fire 1