Rogue cop kills another cop and family members

Search for ex-cop at center of LAPD revenge plot widens

By Chelsea J. Carter and Paul Vercammen, CNN

updated 6:42 PM EST, Mon February 11, 2013

Los Angeles (CNN) -- As the manhunt for the renegade ex-cop accused of killing three people in a revenge plot targeting the Los Angeles Police Department enters its second week, the big question facing authorities is: Where is Christopher Jordan Dorner? The search, considered one of the largest in the history of Southern California, has taken authorities from Orange County to the border of Mexico, from Los Angeles to the Big Bear Lake resort area of the San Bernardino Mountains.

Even so, a week after Dorner allegedly began targeting police officers and their families, putting the region on edge, there was no sign of the man on Monday.

. . .

Dorner accused his training officer of kicking a mentally ill man during an arrest in 2007. The LAPD ruled the complaint unfounded and booted Dorner off the force for filing a false complaint. He challenged his firing in court and lost.

LINK

He accused some other cop of misconduct and HE got kicked off the force?? That's f'd up. Of course that's no excuse for going berserk like he did. His life is over, it's just a matter of time until they catch him. He will get shot and killed when he's apprehended.

Another one that slipped through both the military psych eval and LAPD psych eval. I guess any person would go shoot two innocent people and a LEO he didn't even know because he was wronged by LAPD. WTH

LAPD no more notoriously corrupt than any other department. Course they aren't as corrupt as the Fed's so they got some catching up to do.

And drones are involved too. But just as search tools; no hellfires involved,,,, yet. :)

This guy's throwing a hissy fit and he's destroying lives in the process. I don't know what happened at the LAPD and I don't care, no excuse for taking a life.

^ This.

It's hard to believe a person could go that far off the deep end over a job. Truly sad. :facepalm:

The LAPD must have a "shoot anything that resembles Dorner" order in effect. This morning they put 30 to 40 shots into a pickup with two ladies delivering papers because it "resembled" the vehicle of the former officer. 3 slugs found the unfortunate ladies however they both should live. It turned out to not be the same color or make of vehicle! I don't think they want this guy taken alive. They want to be able to tell the press what the gunman was thinking rather than have it go to court. If I lived in LA, I'd be more afraid of the police than Dorner.

I find it disturbing that the commentary on this string is so anti LAPD.

This guy is a cop killer. He needs to be taken out ..period.

He would be treated the same in any major city in the US.

The LAPD is under the microscope more than any other force in the country.

They are grossly undermanned compared to other forces for the territory and amount of people they cover.

"shoot anything that resembles dorner" "marked for death by drone" please ..you do the LAPD a disservice when

you post unsubstantiated innuendo.

I find it disturbing that the commentary on this string is so anti LAPD.

This guy is a cop killer. He needs to be taken out ..period.

He would be treated the same in any major city in the US.

The LAPD is under the microscope more than any other force in the country.

They are grossly undermanned compared to other forces for the territory and amount of people they cover.

"shoot anything that resembles dorner" "marked for death by drone" please ..you do the LAPD a disservice when

you post unsubstantiated innuendo.

Nobody here is sympathetic to Dorner. But when the LAPD fires 30 rounds into a pickup truck driven by a mother and daughter delivering newspapers, well, it gives people pause. A mother and daughter! Sheesh--not even a remotely close match for Dorner.

David Perdue was on his way to sneak in some surfing before work Thursday morning when police flagged him down. They asked who he was and where he was headed, then sent him on his way.

Seconds later, Perdue's attorney said, a Torrance police cruiser slammed into his pickup and officers opened fire; none of the bullets struck Perdue.

His pickup, police later explained, matched the description of the one belonging to Christopher Jordan Dorner — the ex-cop who has evaded authorities after allegedly killing three and wounding two more. But the pickups were different makes and colors. And Perdue looks nothing like Dorner: He's several inches shorter and about a hundred pounds lighter. And Perdue is white; Dorner is black.

LINK

The problem isnt' that the cops are going to shoot Dorner on sight. People are fine with that--even though that's probably not the way it's supposed to be handled. The problem is when the LAPD opens fire on people who don't even remotely fit the description of Dorner. (Or was it the Torrance police? Both shootings happened in Torrance.)

Watching coverage of this on TV makes me sick. People defending a cop killer are disgusting. This guy is a wreck and this article sites issue after issue.

http://www.latimes.c...9369,full.story

In 2005, while still enlisted in the military, Dorner applied to the LAPD and earned a spot in one of the department's training academy classes. An officer in Dorner's class who asked not to be identified because he is not authorized to discuss the case, recalled Dorner as "one of our problem children" who frequently pushed the bounds of authority .

Nearly two weeks later, Evans criticized Dorner harshly in an evaluation report that included a long list of areas in which he needed improvement, including using common sense and good judgment. About the same time, Dorner called an LAPD sergeant whom he knew from the Navy and claimed he had witnessed Evans kick the man while he was being handcuffed. The sergeant told Dorner to report the incident to higher-ups or said he would do so himself. Dorner reported the misconduct, records show.

The department's internal affairs unit launched a probe into Dorner's allegations. Three hotel employees who witnessed much of the incident said they never saw Evans kick the man. And when the man arrived at the police station, he did not mention being kicked in the face when a physician treated him for his facial injuries. Investigators concluded there was no truth to Dorner's claim.

Dorner sent a package with his manifesto and some cop stuff (LAPD coin) with holes shot in it to CNN on Feb. 1st. Seems like it would have been a good idea for CNN to mention this to the LAPD when the got it. Instead of waiting until now. LINK

To be fair I am not defending Dorner in his actions. I am however calling out the stupidity that is the LAPD who allowed him to get onto the police force and now isn't smart enough to find him. Not only that, they are so itching to take him down they shoot anything that moves. The Feds are so anxious to use their new drone technology, they now have itchy fingers. Lets not open the pandoras box that says it's ok to kill US citizens without a trial on the ok of some judge. Nothing will escalate the hatred of our government faster.

The Feds are so anxious to use their new drone technology, they now have itchy fingers. Lets not open the pandoras box that says it's ok to kill US citizens without a trial on the ok of some judge.

This is wrong. The LAPD, not the federal government, is deploying unmanned aircraft with thermal imaging cameras to look for this guy.

Here's his 6000-word manifesto: http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2013/02/08/rogue-l-a-cop-s-facebook-manifesto-you-will-now-live-the-life-of-prey.html