Is it me or is Michigan pissed??

They're still waa waaing about 97.  GEEZ Get over it and be thankful they didn't have to play us in 97.

Can't say I don't expect it considering some Penn State fans are still bitter about 94. We're into our second decade with that one folks....

well, many Husker fans are still bitter about getting jobbed by the refs in '82...

also, Big 10 fans generally feel they deserve the best of everything b/c they think they're god's favorite conference. really, they're just the media's favorite conference but they don't really know the difference.

i think they should be more pissed off over the fact that they dont play to their potential and try to overpower teams when they should out run them... they should be pissed cause lloyd carr doesnt ever throw the ball long eventhough breaston and avant are beasts that can fight for the ball... its boring ball for michigan fans and thats wat they should be pissed about

I was listening to some radio show last night that compared this year's Alamo Bowl to the 1998 season in which K-State lost in the Big 12 Championship to Texas A&M and then was shut out of the BCS even though they were ranked third in the country. They went on to play Purdue in the Alamo Bowl and lost 37-34. I can remember K-State players and fans not really wanting to be there because they thought they got screwed. I realize that Michigan didn't get screwed this bad, but it could be a similar situation. I'm sure the Huskers will see this as a huge opportunity to beat a good team. I'm not sure the Wolverines will look at it that way. That could be a factor in the game. Whether we take advantage of it or not is a different story.

They're still waa waaing about 97. GEEZ Get over it and be thankful they didn't have to play us in 97.

I think it's more than that. They are pretty pissed about their record, they get some of the best talent from across the nation, they fill their 100,000 stadium(once in a while) and then there record is slighted, and most are blaming Carr. They believe like NU, they deserve to be in a BCS every year.

They're still waa waaing about 97.  GEEZ Get over it and be thankful they didn't have to play us in 97.

I think it's more than that. They are pretty pissed about their record, they get some of the best talent from across the nation, they fill their 100,000 stadium(once in a while) and then there record is slighted, and most are blaming Carr. They believe like NU, they deserve to be in a BCS every year.

"Deserve has nothing to do with it!" William Munny in Unforgiven

Awwweee...poor little Michigan. Michigan is finding out, like many others, that there has been an leveling out in NCAA D1 Football. They can bitch and moan all they want, but in the end, they did lose 4 games. The trust fund babies of the BIG 10 have been living off of their wealthy parents (media) for to long, and now they think they are entitled to what ever they want. Seems they have now joined the rest of the working class, where you have to prove yourself and work hard for whatever you get. If they think they are so much better than NU, quit the whining, shut up, and prove it in the bowl game. For if they lose to NU, they will only add to the perception that they are whiny spoiled little brats that are all talk.

Can't say that I really blame MIchigan fans for being pissed...

Just think, if NU beats one of their conference rivals (say KSU), and then on selection day, a New Years Bowl chooses KSU over NU, we would be livid !!!!!

The fact that Iowa got thte better bid has to piss UM off big time... It really has nothing to do with NU, but thte fact that they are angery at the bowl situation. NU is just getting the brunt of the anger...... very well could help the Huskers big time.

On the other hand, Michigan fans have apparently brought this on themselves..

For being a football mainstay, the Outback made no secret that they selected Iowa because Michigan fans haven't traveled well..... $$$$$$$$$, all about $$$$$$

Let them be pissed, let them moan, let them bad-mouth NU, let them predict an ass whooping.......... LET NU JUST GO ABOUT THEIR BUSINESS , AND

LET MICHIGAN FANS LEAVE SAN ANTONIO, DOUBLY PISSED after NU hands it to a team who has nothing to play for.

Can't say I don't expect it considering some Penn State fans are still bitter about 94. We're into our second decade with that one folks....

well, many Husker fans are still bitter about getting jobbed by the refs in '82...

also, Big 10 fans generally feel they deserve the best of everything b/c they think they're god's favorite conference. really, they're just the media's favorite conference but they don't really know the difference.

I used to get annoyed with everyone drooling over the big ten. I always thought that top to bottom they are a solid conference, but the big 12 was far superior. Not this year, though. We have to face the fact that we were in an incredibly weak conference this year and the big 10 is much better even though I hate to admit it. The big 12 is Texas and then everyone else. I wouldn't be surprised if the big 12 had only won 2 or 3 out of their 8 bowl games this year.

Utah, I agree with your observations about the Big 10 vs 12. It pains me to admit it too that the Big 10 is a much stronger conference this year. These things go in cycles though, and I'm sure that the Big 12 as a conference is rebuilding to make another run at being one of the best conferences in football. It would be nice to see CU and KSU rise up to 2nd and 3rd in the Big 12 North, right below NU.