Conference pride??

BCS1994

That's a problem...why do you have to hate Ohio State? Please don't let it be because of the 2012 game...

As you can probably tell from my user name I live in Ohio and have for the past 15 years, which coincidentally for a large portion of that time were down years for Nebraska and up years for Ohio State. The fans have been insufferable on how great they are and how Nebraska sucks, so it just turned me off OSU. I remember when I first move here in 1997, some idiot OSU fan told me that I would become an OSU fan, to just give it time. I was like, "No, you idiot, you obviously do not understand Nebraska fans, we love our team no matter what, it's a Nebraska thing, no fair weather fan here." Then we went on to WIN the NC that year. No matter what any stupid Michigan fan might say.

I spent so many years laughing every time a Big Ten team lost, its still odd to try to pull for them. And I don't know as I will ever be able to pull for OSU and Mich. The whole BS with putting 'the' ahead of Ohio State is just such a piece of pompous horse excrement. And Mich its similar with the 'Michigan Man' garbage. Iowa is up there too. Not really for any other reason than the attitude of the fans I get to deal with on a regular basis.

• Fire 1

I spent so many years laughing every time a Big Ten team lost, its still odd to try to pull for them. And I don't know as I will ever be able to pull for OSU and Mich. The whole BS with putting 'the' ahead of Ohio State is just such a piece of pompous horse excrement. And Mich its similar with the 'Michigan Man' garbage. Iowa is up there too. Not really for any other reason than the attitude of the fans I get to deal with on a regular basis.

Yeah, I never understood that either. I mean, there really is only 1 Ohio St. It's not like there's 3 or 4 others with the same or close-to-it name. They are the only Ohio St. We're The Nebraska University. :blink:

Yeah, I never understood that either. I mean, there really is only 1 Ohio St. It's not like there's 3 or 4 others with the same or close-to-it name. They are the only Ohio St. We're The Nebraska University. :blink:

Aren't you guys the University of Nebraska?? THE Ohio State University. :) it's ok if you don't understand it. It's just like GBR, or HUSKER POWER.

Yep. I spent years laughing at the Little 11 and thinking - usually with decent proof - that they were overrated. As far as football is concerned anyway. Basketball has been pretty strong for quite awhile and I even cheered for Michigan basketball back in the Steve Fisher and the Fab Five days.

A lot of the football animosity probably goes back to Michigan's whining about the split 1997 title. In the 10-12 years following that, the Little 11 didn't seem to be as good as their rankings/hype indicated. Since NU switched, I have tried to change my thinking. I pretty much cheer for the rest of the conference except tOSU at this point. But I think this past football season somewhat proved my long-held belief that the conference was overrated in football. Hopefully the Huskers can get up with tOSU and Michigan can continue a comeback to get the conference back to #2 status.

Aren't you guys the University of Nebraska?? THE Ohio State University. :) it's ok if you don't understand it. It's just like GBR, or HUSKER POWER.

Almost every university has "the" in front of it. Micigan is the universtiy of micigan, the universtiy of alabama, but when you never hear them say "the" when they talk about their school

Almost every university has "the" in front of it. Micigan is the universtiy of micigan, the universtiy of alabama, but when you never hear them say "the" when they talk about their school

Agreed, corkman. Additionally, the whole "The" quote seems to be a recent thing, at least nationally. I don't remember it being something mentioned/discussed in the 80s and 90s. Kind of like Miami starting to call themselves "The U" after winning a couple of national titles when previously no one even knew they fielded a football team.

That's a problem...why do you have to hate Ohio State? Please don't let it be because of the 2012 game...

It's because you remind us of Texas. It's not because we lost to you guys in the Shoe.

Ohio State & Michigan run the Big Ten just like Texas & Oklahoma ran the Big XII.

The best recruits in the conference are in your backyard (just like Texas) and Michigan has to cross the border to recruit (just like Oklahoma).

You both are large, wealthy universities that are successful in a number of sports.

You're just the new Texas in our minds, that's all.

For the record, I don't mind Urban Meyer. He's a hell of a lot better than Mack Brown.

As a fan, I refuse to relinquish control of the B10 to Oho St. and Michigan..... I would hope the Nebraska program feels the same way.... Historically, and currently, what have they done that we can't do, or already haven't done? Nebraska is their equivalent.....

Yes i know, but it's THE Ohio State University...the University part coming at the end unlike the other schools.

But anyway, it's not a recent thing. Ohio State has always emphasized THE in the name. It's just part of tradition.

It's because you remind us of Texas. It's not because we lost to you guys in the Shoe.

Ohio State & Michigan run the Big Ten just like Texas & Oklahoma ran the Big XII.

The best recruits in the conference are in your backyard (just like Texas) and Michigan has to cross the border to recruit (just like Oklahoma).

You both are large, wealthy universities that are successful in a number of sports.

For the record, I don't mind Urban Meyer. He's a hell of a lot better than Mack Brown.

As a fan, I refuse to relinquish control of the B10 to Oho St. and Michigan..... I would hope the Nebraska program feels the same way.... Historically, and currently, what have they done that we can't do, or already haven't done? Nebraska is their equivalent.....

It comes down to winning. Nebraska has only been in the B1G for 2 years so i don't think you can make a case either way. Time will tell who will control the B1G from now on with Nebraska being in.

It comes down to winning. Nebraska has only been in the B1G for 2 years so i don't think you can make a case either way. Time will tell who will control the B1G from now on with Nebraska being in.

This.