Conference pride??

BCS1994

I'm ecstatic that we're in the B1G, and I take pride as a Husker fan that we're members. I think it will take time for Husker fans to acclimate to the B1G culture in taking a positive interest on how other conference members perform, because we left a conference whose culture and rules were to submit to the wishes and desires of the University of Texas, where a lot of Husker fans had no problems praying to the Prince of Darkness in hopes that the Longhorns were subjected to humiliations and failures against any and all opponents.

:hookerhorns

So now I'm wondering out loud......Do Ohio State fans cheer on Michigan and care how they perform, and does Michigan return the favor for Ohio State ?

I only care how they perform if it is in my best interest.

Unfortunately schools like Iowa or Illinois(whom should be better every year) don't care so relying on ann arbor to be better is a must for image.

If they lose to someone in a bowl game I will shake my head, chuckle about it and get back to worrying about the Bucks. In conference? don't care but they always end up pulling something out of their arse vs Northwestern ,PSU or Sparty to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat

This is why Big Ten basketball is so much simpler. to hell with ann arbor and Indiana. I hope they both get knocked out in the first round because I can always root for Sparty to carry the Big Ten torch since Tom Izzo is my second favorite coach.

I want the conference to do well so Nebraska's wins look more impressive and the losses look less bad. Nothing more than that.

Pretty much my thought. If NU had won the past two Capitol One Bowls, I'd have been chanting "Go Big Red", not "Go Big Ten".

OH yeah, i don't want to be like the SEC. I'm just saying it's important for the conference to be respectable and have good showings on the field for you team to get any respect. It will matter a lot when the selection commitee decides whether to put a 1 loss B1G team or a 2 loss SEC team in the playoff system.

I'm ecstatic that we're in the B1G, and I take pride as a Husker fan that we're members. I think it will take time for Husker fans to acclimate to the B1G culture in taking a positive interest on how other conference members perform, because we left a conference whose culture and rules were to submit to the wishes and desires of the University of Texas, where a lot of Husker fans had no problems praying to the Prince of Darkness in hopes that the Longhorns were subjected to humiliations and failures against any and all opponents.

So now I'm wondering out loud......Do Ohio State fans cheer on Michigan and care how they perform, and does Michigan return the favor for Ohio State ?

Unfortunately schools like Iowa or Illinois(whom should be better every year) don't care so relying on ann arbor to be better is a must for image.

If they lose to someone in a bowl game I will shake my head, chuckle about it and get back to worrying about the Bucks. In conference? don't care but they always end up pulling something out of their arse vs Northwestern ,PSU or Sparty to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat

This is why Big Ten basketball is so much simpler. to hell with ann arbor and Indiana. I hope they both get knocked out in the first round because I can always root for Sparty to carry the Big Ten torch since Tom Izzo is my second favorite coach.

True lol. Although i always root for any B1G team to beat scUM. ONly times i root for them is when they play a non B1G school.

True lol. Although i always root for any B1G team to beat scUM. ONly times i root for them is when they play a non B1G school.

Doesn't happen as much as it really should. How many times has Sparty had them and they blow the game?

That's what made the Sparty game in 2001 really special. Those people are STILL whining about that finish :D

For the most part? No.

This is pretty representative of Buckeye fan opinions regarding That School Up North...

in fact the most winningest program of all time is Michigan (even though they started football programs before most schools!) then comes Nebraska, not OSU.

1. Michigan

2. Nebraska

3. OSU

4. Penn St.

Thats the order of all time wins in the big inside the top 20. To me NU and Penn St. are just as important programs as are Mich and OSU but that is not the way it is portrayed in sports media.

1 TSUN 903-315-36

4 Nebraska 856-353-40

5 Ohio State 837-316-53

Nebraska has 19 more wins all time but there is also those extra 37 pesky losses.

1 TSUN .7345

4 The Ohio State University .7160

7 Nebraska .7014

Cherry picking data is fun! ;)

(use stats for the modern era and you come up with two more completely different orders)

I didn't have respect for Tressel recruiting tactics

Out of curiosity what recruiting tactics would those be?

Doesn't happen as much as it really should. How many times has Sparty had them and they blow the game?

That's what made the Sparty game in 2001 really special. Those people are STILL whining about that finish :D

Sparty being Sparty. shaking_head.gif

All fans(any conference) should root for conference teams when playing non conference. These victories reflect the overall strength of the conference. Prior to the Huskers joining the B1G, I really didn't have any thoughts on the B1G, I thought it was overrated, which it is when comparing to other conferences top to bottom. I have found that bowl match ups of the lower tier teams at least seem to favor non B1G teams. This yr of course, two of the top programs not going bowling caused the shift up for the lower seeded teams. Adding those two would have leveled the playing field for the lower tier teams. Now to answer your question, yes I have conference pride in that I want all B1G teams to play well and win OCG's. GBR

Conference pride? Well, I root for all the B1G teams if that's what you mean. And I think the B1G is the grandaddy of all football conferences. More tradition and history than any other conference. Even if we don't have as much talent as the SEC. For now.

But the thing I like most about the B1G is that Nebraska is getting more of a fair shake than we did in the Big 12. Texas runs the B12, no doubt about it. Everything in that conference is slanted towards the Whorns. It's sickening really. I feel sort of sorry for Oklahoma and the rest of the pack. I'm so glad we shook the dust off the B12, and traded up to the Big 10.

I love the anti-Texas stuff on here. Nebraska voted FOR the unequal revenue sharing, remember? We were "The Program", and along with OU and Texas we deserved the lions share of the money, anyone else remember that? Funny how times change. Also, partial qualifiers were the Big 8 equivalent of over signing, TO made his stock and trade on them. I agree with his reasoning, to help unfortunate kids, but some days, I look back and wonder, and I think Texas was correct in forcing this issue. IMO, Texas didn't ruin the B-12, Nebraska starting to suck did, and we lost our grip on the Big 8/12's neck. Remember all the 11-1 votes, those were the result of NU running over everyone for years, not saying it was right, just saying teams like ISU, and KU, were tired of us beating the crap out of them, so they voted to try to reign us in, to bad Callahan did it for them.

As for the B-10, I dont care. Meyer is one hell of a coach, and people hate him because of it. A few years ago the B-10 was the most over rated conference in the nation, per this board, and ESPN LOVED them because ESPN was based in NY and the B-10 was in their back yard, funny how THAT has changed. As far as I am concerned the B-10 is a laughing stock, with cheaters, and much, much, MUCH worse, included in the ranks. IMO we didn't leave the B-12 because of Texas, we left because we are a first tier brand, that had a third tier program. We needed big money to help offset that, and the B-12 could not give it to use, per our own design.

So to answer your question, the B-10 is not special. Wisconsin is an awful place to go, worse than anything I ever experienced at CU. OSU forcefully retired a coaching legend, because he put winning above ethics, and former PSU staff committed hate crimes against children, that last one by far offsets anything OU ever did. How many B-12 teams are on suspension now, or since, OU came off there's, yet this conference of equals has the most vile program on earth as a full member. I dont cheer for the B1G, they are not us, I have more in common with the average Texan, or Iowan, than some clown from Ohio, or Pennsylvania....

• Fire 3

I love the anti-Texas stuff on here. Nebraska voted FOR the unequal revenue sharing, remember? We were "The Program", and along with OU and Texas we deserved the lions share of the money, anyone else remember that? Funny how times change. Also, partial qualifiers were the Big 8 equivalent of over signing, TO made his stock and trade on them. I agree with his reasoning, to help unfortunate kids, but some days, I look back and wonder, and I think Texas was correct in forcing this issue. IMO, Texas didn't ruin the B-12, Nebraska starting to suck did, and we lost our grip on the Big 8/12's neck. Remember all the 11-1 votes, those were the result of NU running over everyone for years, not saying it was right, just saying teams like ISU, and KU, were tired of us beating the crap out of them, so they voted to try to reign us in, to bad Callahan did it for them.

As for the B-10, I dont care. Meyer is one hell of a coach, and people hate him because of it. A few years ago the B-10 was the most over rated conference in the nation, per this board, and ESPN LOVED them because ESPN was based in NY and the B-10 was in their back yard, funny how THAT has changed. As far as I am concerned the B-10 is a laughing stock, with cheaters, and much, much, MUCH worse, included in the ranks. IMO we didn't leave the B-12 because of Texas, we left because we are a first tier brand, that had a third tier program. We needed big money to help offset that, and the B-12 could not give it to use, per our own design.

So to answer your question, the B-10 is not special. Wisconsin is an awful place to go, worse than anything I ever experienced at CU. OSU forcefully retired a coaching legend, because he put winning above ethics, and former PSU staff committed hate crimes against children, that last one by far offsets anything OU ever did. How many B-12 teams are on suspension now, or since, OU came off there's, yet this conference of equals has the most vile program on earth as a full member. I dont cheer for the B1G, they are not us, I have more in common with the average Texan, or Iowan, than some clown from Ohio, or Pennsylvania....

So you're taking it way beyond football, that won't help Nebraskas attempts to as you put it, be a first tier program again. Nebraska is apart of the B1G now.

You can take your logic and facts and shove'em. I still hate texas and the Big12 still sucks. :boxosoap

• Fire 1

tumblr_lq4y5qoach1qa7aydo1_500.gif

• Fire 1

I love the conference. I don't care much for some of the coaches, and some of the snobby attitudes from some fan bases. Urban Meyer is my least liked coach, followed my Mark Dantonio.

Least like fan base, for me, is Michigan.

Even through my dislike for some teams, I am always rooting for our B1G teams throughout the non conference games, and when the conference games come on, I root for teams that are on our schedule. The stronger they look, the better our SOS is. Bowl games, I root for all B1G teams. You always want the best for your conference, even if there are teams you have hate for. The better your conference is, the better our recruiting will be. I do like our conference now, better than the Big 12, but I do miss playing Okie State, Oklahoma and beating them cry baby Mizz-who fans.