What does $420M get you?

AgMarauder04

Say what you will about 1919 Championship that was only recently claimed, but in that year, A&M was undefeated and UNSCORED UPON.

Did they play any team with a winning record that year? Maybe a 1919 MNC for weakest schedule. lol :lol:

/ But seriously, the new aTm digs pictured above do look impressive. Well, except for all of the Sims people milling around.

Very Nice! Of course, you realize the Whorns will now be compelled to spend elevendy hundred billion on an even more elaborate stadium improvements.

Regardless, it will still be the same shade of orange as my crap the day after wings night.

:lol: EXCELLENT. (and accurate)

You know what color his crap was the other night? :D

• Fire 1

I guess that's your opinion. Populous did a HELL of a job, and I know that most Ags are ecstatic about it. It's really going to add a lot to campus and make Kyle one of the premiere venues in the country....adding another 15-20K in capacity will also be quite nice. We have work to do to keep up in the SEC, and this is a major part of it.

kyle-field-aerial.jpg

Here is a current photo. Current capacity is 82,500. (although we broke 90K for the 2010 Nebraska game...then got in trouble with the fire marshal because of it...yes, that's right, our highest attended game ever was Nebraska, not Texas)

The press box is woefully out of date and will be upgraded, and many more club level and suites are being added to the expansion. In addition, concourses are being widened, plumbing and electrical equipment is being updated, and bathrooms and concessions redone. Aside from many of the actual seats, it's almost a total redo and will take 3 or maybe 4 years to complete. A facade is also being added.

• Fire 1

Here is a current photo. Current capacity is 82,500. (although we broke 90K for the 2010 Nebraska game...then got in trouble with the fire marshal because of it...yes, that's right, our highest attended game ever was Nebraska, not Texas)

I'm pretty sure everyone here remembers that game. ;):D

If you'll notice, they are enclosing one end in. They can do that first without a whole lot of disruption to the rest of the stadium. Essentially after that, it will simply be one section at a time. The zone you see on the far side is only 10 years oldish, so not a lot of work needs to be done on it, aside from the exterior facade.

I'm pretty sure everyone here remembers that game. ;):D

Oh, yessir. I am quite aware...I bring it up not to dredge up old emotions, but to point out that it was NEBRASKA, not Texas that brought the biggest crowd to Kyle Field before expansion...and that will always be part of the history books.