Texas potentially in trouble?

The way I'm starting to see it is it's obviously not something within the football program. And, it's not something that's going to bring about NCAA sanctions and such. It's much MUCH bigger,and much messier than that. It's going to be a whole hell of a lot more embarrassing than that. And for that, I am thankful.

Affairs, prostitutes, sex in the office, sex with students, improper benefits to athletes, firing a coach for doing what others at the school are doing and not firing them, covering up inappropriate contact by telling coaches they need to find a new job ASAP instead of getting fired like they did to Bev, and possible job losses loom in the future.

I was hoping it would have impacted their football team. Sorta of disappointed. Whatever, I guess!

Well, I happen to think it's much better that its not (or not only) the football program. This is the whole shebang. All the way to the top. All the top dawgs that TO had it out with 3 years ago. Tom's sittin in his favorite chair right now just giggling away.

If only there was actually a GIF of TO giggling...

I'm hoping Tom would be above that...

I'm not even interested in this anymore. I was hoping it was something about the football team. I couldn't care less about xxx behaviors among consenting adults and the affairs that result....or the cover up. Also couldn't care less if some higher up egos lose their job.

Chances are I will ask the mods to delete this thread later today when I am done washing clothes and getting groceries.

Can you ask them to delete, say, 80 percent of your threads?

You do realize that over 80 percent of my threads are recruiting profiles? So you want me to ask them to delete them? Get a fricken clue what you are talking about.

WKfqC8h.jpg

/ Seriously, dude. You might try a bit of humility. The HB Recruting forums got along just fine for quite a few years before you began posting. Just fine.

Okay, now back to bashing Tejas, and the Whore-Whorns controversy.

Wait!

We has recruiting forums?

Next thing you know, they'll put a shopping mall in Kearney!

(inside joke with Linda Y.F.)

The problem is that athletic director DeLoss Dodds knew about Major Applewhite. He knew about Cleve Bryant and his actions. Whatever else is out there, he should have known about that, too -- that's part of his job description.

Derek A. Howard, the attorney for Kearney, has filed FOIA requests not only for the athletic department, but possibly for other employees of the university as well.

While on the surface this would seem to be a case that involves deep investigations into the personal conduct of those employed by the athletic department, Howard seems intent on making it stretch beyond Bellmont. In an interview with ESPNW, Kearney's attorney mentioned that he believes some Texas faculty may not have been held to the same standard.

This is a hunt to not only uncover every incident of sexual misconduct in the athletic department, but also within the entire university.

At a school as big as Texas, they are bound to find something.

The more significant issue than Applewhite, outside of whatever other poor choices members of the Texas athletic department may have made in regards to their personal conduct, is the story of former associate athletics director Cleve Bryant.

Bryant, as many may recall, was man that Mack Brown used to tell people no. One of Brown's closest confidants for years and the man who was involved in many of the day-to-day logistics involved in running the football program, Bryant also appeared to have had his own significant appetites.

He was fired in March of 2011 because of a sexual harassment lawsuit brought by a former employee of the athletic department who alleged that he had made repeated unwanted sexual advancements towards her.

The case settled out of court for $400k.

As bad as that is on the surface, the issue as it pertains to the current situation is that Bryant had managed to earn the nickname around the office of "Ol Freak Nasty," suggesting that his behavior with the former staffer was not his only transgression. In fact, two other members members of the athletic department said that they had been kissed by Bryant.

Bryant appealed his firing, but a public legal battle that like now being waged by Kearney never ensued.

The athletic department knew about his behavior and covered it up or looked the other way for some time. It's difficult to say whether the school would consider Bryant's actions similar to those of Kearney in terms of the power dynamics of the associate athletic director and athletic department staffers, but it's hard to see as much of a difference between Bryant's situation and Kearney as there was with Applewhite.

:lol:

From what I've read on some horn boards is that the details are so sketch and widespread at this point that all the major outlets are sitting on it until the details are figured out. I've read many times that ESPN actually does NOT want to be the one to break it. Most horn beat writers and such are acting as if this will be a Texas AD implosion and that it will result in a complete remanufacture of the department. We'll see.

From what I've read on some horn boards is that the details are so sketch and widespread at this point that all the major outlets are sitting on it until the details are figured out. I've read many times that ESPN actually does NOT want to be the one to break it. Most horn beat writers and such are acting as if this will be a Texas AD implosion and that it will result in a complete remanufacture of the department. We'll see.

I would think that this story is already big enough that even a reputable news site would start writing something up. He'll even TMZ would normally be all over something like this. Must be something really big for everyone to sit on it.