The colorless turd Jim Nantz was a cause in fact of Tiger's penalty. Punk-Ass Snitches Who Ratted Out Tiger Woods Identified (Deadspin)

I didn't read the article if full, but Sports Illustrated said it was another Pro and without that call Woods would have been DQ'd. Any truth to that? I don't follow golf too much so I am not well educated on the rules of this nature.

Yeah, I believe it was a golfer on the Champions Tour that initially lodged a complaint. I think his name is Eger. Golf is generally something I watch on Sundays if the only other things on TV are infomercials and Sewing With Nancy so I, too, have little interest in trying to identify exactly which golf eggheads can be called responsible. The Deadspin blurb made the material sound awfully dry.

The colorless turd Jim Nantz was a cause in fact of Tiger's penalty. Punk-Ass Snitches Who Ratted Out Tiger Woods Identified (Deadspin)

I didn't read the article if full, but Sports Illustrated said it was another Pro and without that call Woods would have been DQ'd. Any truth to that? I don't follow golf too much so I am not well educated on the rules of this nature.

Yeah, I believe it was a golfer on the Champions Tour that initially lodged a complaint. I think his name is Eger. Golf is generally something I watch on Sundays if the only other things on TV are infomercials and Sewing With Nancy so I, too, have little interest in trying to identify exactly which golf eggheads can be called responsible. The Deadspin blurb made the material sound awfully dry.

Tiger is just as culpable as the dumbasses that dimed him out...

I'm imagining during an event such as the masters, there are "officials" scattered throughout the course. Why didn't he just call one over and inquire that if he were to take his drop there, if he'd be penalized? Before I'd have taken that drop, I'd have wanted a ruling, so that in case some douchenozzles wanted to f*ck up my program, I could have headed it off at the pass...