Been watching the 14 year old kid from China, Tianlang Guan. He is a golf freak. +2 for the day--even par on the back nine. He could easily be the low amateur this year. 14 freaking years old. Wow.

Edit: Correction--he sinks a putt from the fringe on the 18th to finish +1. Played the back nine in one under. Wow, just wow.

What's the cut line going to be?

EDIT: Never mind. Projected cut is +5

I bet it finishes at +4. So the 14 yo will make it.

Projected cut now +4. They upped the number of players making the cut this year. It used to be top 44 and ties. Now it's top 50 plus ties. But they also take anyone within 10 strokes of the lead.

Right now the top 50 and ties would put the cut line at +3 so if someone makes a move below -6, the cut line could easily move to +3.

I get annoyed at the media for forcing a Rickie Fowler and Rory McElroy comparison. They aren't on the same level. Can Rickie win a major someday? Absolutely. But he reminds me of Mark Calcaveccia in that if they get hot, look out. They both have the ability to string birdies like crazy. On the other hand, they both have a way of going full retard as soon as their name gets on the front page of the leaderboard. As far as Fowler v. McElroy. One guy is gonna win 10majors and the other guys name is Rickie.

Thy tries this crap when Sergio almost beat tiger one year. Sergio < Tigers B game