The Fighting Erstads at the Iowa Hawkeyes

Three games, no TV:

Friday April 5th at 6:05 p.m. CST

Saturday April 6th at 1:05 p.m. CST

Sunday April 7th at 1:05 p.m. CST

Doesn't appear to be any weather issues this weekend for the Iowa City location that I could find, and I don't believe they've announced starters yet.

Let's make up for the lost mid-week opportunity and go sweep another B1G team.

A sweep would be nice, and is probably necessary. It's obvious this team is not very good so they need to get every win possible. I'm guessing they'll be swept by the likes of Indiana and OSU, so they need to sweep these poor teams to stay alive. I really hope they bring in some talented pitchers next year, cause this sucks.

Here are your probable starters.

Friday, April 5 – 6:05 p.m. (CT)

Probable Starters: RHP Christian DeLeon (2-2) vs. LHP Sasha Kuebel (1-5)

Saturday, April 6 – 1:05 p.m. (CT)

Probable Starters: RHP Ryan Hander (0-2) vs. LHP Matt Dermody (5-1)

Sunday, April 7 – 1:05 p.m. (CT)

Probable Starters: RHP Tyler Niederklein (0-0) vs. TBA

Rest of article here.

A sweep would be nice, and is probably necessary. It's obvious this team is not very good so they need to get every win possible. I'm guessing they'll be swept by the likes of Indiana and OSU, so they need to sweep these poor teams to stay alive. I really hope they bring in some talented pitchers next year, cause this sucks.

Dunno. We get them both in Lincoln, so we'll see. Should be able to at least steal one from each series at home, right?

I'm more concerned about the Purdue series, to be honest. We haven't done well on the road in the B1G...

i think the weather will be warmer and more people will be at the park for tOSU and Indiana, we should be able to get at least 1 from them. This team is capable of beating anyone in the big10 at any time, its just that we have to have all the pieces fitting together at the same time with no mistakes. against good competition and on the road we havent been able to do that very often. I think that we will make strides as the conference season progresses.

I think everyone (me included) went into this season with way to lofty expectations. The team is nowhere as bad as we are saying and will be fine over the next 3 weeks. We win all three series (Iowa, tOSU and Purdue) while splitting with Van Horn's razorbacks. I'm confident that are boys will begin to strut their stuff. :)

I think everyone (me included) went into this season with way to lofty expectations. The team is nowhere as bad as we are saying and will be fine over the next 3 weeks. We win all three series (Iowa, tOSU and Purdue) while splitting with Van Horn's razorbacks. I'm confident that are boys will begin to strut their stuff. :)

We will not split with Arkansas. We will lose each game by 6+ runs. You have got to be joking. The mild cats aren't near as good as Arkansas and look what they did to us.

i think the weather will be warmer and more people will be at the park for tOSU and Indiana, we should be able to get at least 1 from them. This team is capable of beating anyone in the big10 at any time, its just that we have to have all the pieces fitting together at the same time with no mistakes. against good competition and on the road we havent been able to do that very often. I think that we will make strides as the conference season progresses.

I completely agree. However, we're 27 games in and this has not happened. Not once. Even the games they've won, there have been stupid mistakes or major lapses in at least one area (pitching, fielding, batting, base running). If they're still that inconsistent this far along (basically halfway through the season) then it's probably a pretty safe bet it's not going to happen this year.

Hacker- I like the optimism, but I just can't see it. The ONLY hope for the Arkansas series is fans realize it's the only "big time" baseball they'll see at Haymarket this year so they pack the place, as in attendance record, and it amps the guys up just enough to pull one out of their a$$es in the bottom of the 9th.

I completely agree. However, we're 27 games in and this has not happened. Not once. Even the games they've won, there have been stupid mistakes or major lapses in at least one area (pitching, fielding, batting, base running). If they're still that inconsistent this far along (basically halfway through the season) then it's probably a pretty safe bet it's not going to happen this year.

Hacker- I like the optimism, but I just can't see it. The ONLY hope for the Arkansas series is fans realize it's the only "big time" baseball they'll see at Haymarket this year so they pack the place, as in attendance record, and it amps the guys up just enough to pull one out of their a$$es in the bottom of the 9th.

I'm cautiously optimistic, I'm with you on the lack of consistency. It has been proven time and time again. Obviously the cupboard is bare, and I hope that we can be competitive in the B1G for the simple fact that this program doesn't need to fall off the map any further than it has.