Nebraska HS players

Papillion-La Vista South DB Josh Manchigiah (2016) was picked as the #5 overall defensive performer at Rivals Camp Chicago today. 2015 Husker commit Avery Anderson was #2 and 2015 Husker commit Eric Lee didn't make the Top 10.

Having had the chance to do some speed and agility training with Josh, this kid is a damn good athlete. Really hope Nebraska stays in contact with him as he is nowhere near his full potential yet and could be a solid prospect.
Would he want a preferred walk-on spot to UNL, or is he going to a DII school?

Not sure. He's a military kid and both parents graduated from A&M so he's got no real connection to NU. I know he's been to Minnesota a couple times already and he's also been to Iowa. He also liked the DB coach just left for A&M and I can't think of his name right now. The kid is athletic enough to play D1 if he keeps developing like he has been.
With a small class this year, I was thinking it would be hard for him to get an offer, but I overlooked the fact he is a 2016 prospect. Definitely someone to watch.

Papillion-La Vista South DB Josh Manchigiah (2016) was picked as the #5 overall defensive performer at Rivals Camp Chicago today. 2015 Husker commit Avery Anderson was #2 and 2015 Husker commit Eric Lee didn't make the Top 10.

Having had the chance to do some speed and agility training with Josh, this kid is a damn good athlete. Really hope Nebraska stays in contact with him as he is nowhere near his full potential yet and could be a solid prospect.
Would he want a preferred walk-on spot to UNL, or is he going to a DII school?

Not sure. He's a military kid and both parents graduated from A&M so he's got no real connection to NU. I know he's been to Minnesota a couple times already and he's also been to Iowa. He also liked the DB coach just left for A&M and I can't think of his name right now. The kid is athletic enough to play D1 if he keeps developing like he has been.
With a small class this year, I was thinking it would be hard for him to get an offer, but I overlooked the fact he is a 2016 prospect. Definitely someone to watch.

Also could be someone to watch in track as I know he's ran a 10.9 100m and I was thinking he was somewhere down in the 10.7's but maybe not.

Also could be someone to watch in track as I know he's ran a 10.9 100m and I was thinking he was somewhere down in the 10.7's but maybe not.

Looks like 10.9 so far, although someone could have timed him faster.

Thanks for the link. Maybe his 10.7 was a handheld not sure. Either way will be interesting to see what happens with his recruitment the next few years.

Good article on Seward's Holtorf and his chances at an NU offer from the LJS

Said Opfer: "He plans on going there (to Lincoln), performing well and coming out with an offer."

It may not be so cut and dried. You've probably heard Nebraska criticized for failing to offer certain in-state players over the years. But be careful making surface-level judgments on these matters.

Holtorf's situation is Exhibit A. Nebraska already has verbal commitments from two defensive tackles for its class of 2015. The Huskers also have commitments from two offensive linemen for '15 after landing three high-profile offensive linemen in the class of '14. What's more, NU obviously has a wealth of young defensive linemen already in its system.

Bottom line, sometimes recruits get caught in a numbers game. On the other hand, Holtorf might be able to perform well enough in June to force Nebraska's hand.

Holtorf also is considering attending a camp at Wisconsin in mid-June.

He said he's comfortable with the idea of proving himself at summer camps.

"Not a big deal to me," he said.

Going to be very interesting to watch Wyoming going forth. One has to recognize they have a strong possibility of reeking havoc to both Nebraska and Kansas State with recruits.

Many great kids that have walked-on to either program will now not be overlooked by Bohl and his staff in those two states (Nebraska/Kansas).

• Fire 2

Going to be very interesting to watch Wyoming going forth. One has to recognize they have a strong possibility of reeking havoc to both Nebraska and Kansas State with recruits.

Many great kids that have walked-on to either program will now not be overlooked by Bohl and his staff in those two states (Nebraska/Kansas).

Really rooting for Bohl in Wyoming. Especially building that program with some damn good Nebraska home grown football talent. I think he will do well.

No more than I bring up this point, Sippy comes out with this article. Again this development is not going unnoticed.

http://journalstar.com/sports/huskers/sipple/steven-m-sipple-bohl-doubling-down-on-nebraska-prep-prospects/article_c078b52f-6774-5e43-932d-4b141750bae1.html

When talking about the fact that there are zero Nebraska guys on Wyoming's current roster, Bohl said:

We're going to change it quickly. We're doubling down (on Nebraska prospects).

Excellent prognostication, BartonHusker. Still, we have to work to keep our top guys in-state with the 1-3 offers each year and numerous preferred walk-on opportunities.