Official Spring Game Thread

I've wanted to say this since the day of the spring game, but kind of got lost in the shuffle.

The most impressive player in that spring game hands down was RK3. I won't even debate it. The guy was money all day. His passes were crisp, and on target. He extended the plays with his legs very well when the pocket collapsed, but he also showed he was willing to stand in there and make the throws in the face of pressure. I know we won't ever know, because I've already heard Bo quoted as Martinez and Armstrong being 1 and 2 coming out of spring, but in my opinion RK3 could have been a successful QB at a lot of places. I will admit though, he doesn't always look as sharp as he did Saturday.

Martinez looked just as crisp to me. Taylor went 10-12 with one of those incompletions on a drop, so he'd have had the same stats as Kellogg there. The pass that looked most promising from Martinez was his TD to Zimmerer, whom he hit in stride with a perfectly placed ball. One of the best passes I've ever seen Martinez make - a thrower's pass.

He had another where he threw the ball from the right hashmark to the left sideline that went for a completion, on a rope. Overall, a pretty good day for both Martinez and Kellogg.

The problem with Kellogg is he messed up his knees. He's been injured too much to get significant playing time, especially in an offense where the QB has to run the ball.

Martinez did look good as well. He does bring a lot to this offense. More than any other QB we have on this team. Which is why I obviously stand by him being the starting QB, which as some of you may know, was not always my stance with Martinez. The nagging thing that still concerns me is the pocket presence with Martinez. He has got to calm those feet down. He's got to be willing to stand in that pocket a little longer, or extend plays a bit longer. The panic is still there and you can see it even in the spring game, but it really comes out in the season. Hope it gets better.

Didn't want to start a whole new thread about this, but I was watching Gerry DiNardo and a couple things he pointed out about the game...

Imani Cross had something like 2 or 3 carries the entire first quarter, and they were throwing the ball around, pretty effectively. I know it's a spring game, but when he pointed this out, I thought it was a bit odd...