Boston Marathon Explosions

I probably shouldn't have these feelings about a human being no matter how disgusting they are. But, at one point they reported that his jaw was shot off and there was a chance he was never going to be able to speak again. At that point, I didn't want him to be executed. I wanted him sent to solitary confinement without the ability to talk for the rest of his life. Just sit there perfectly quiet for year after year after year after year..and on and on and on....and totally forgotten about by society.

They can still write. Sometimes that's worse.

Name that tune:

"If you have a racist friend

Now is the time, now is the time for your friendship to end"

"This is where the party ends

I can't stand here listening to you

And your racist friend

I know politics bore you

But I feel like a hypocrite talking to you

And your racist friend"

Muslim is not a race. It's a religion. Just so we are clear before you defile a person's name and/or reputation.

I could NOT find a bigot song that I liked...

that person doesn't need my help or They Might Be Giants to defile his or her reputation. He or she is doing a fine job all on his or her own.

Completely correct. I apologize and I will try to rephrase it.

I hope that you are a better officer than this.

Carl, have you been a police officer or served in the military?

I have not and I can't see how that would possibly be relevant.

Have you ever been an attorney? Even if you haven't your opinions on the constitutional rights of this suspect are just as valid as my own.

I hope that this is not the direction that you're heading with that question.

• Fire 1

Carl's point is that the idea that government can selectively deny rights based on your feelings, opinions, and sympathies is so shockingly against everything this country stands for, it might as well be something out of 1984.

Of course I think we need to draw a distinction between "How I believe the government should work" and "How I feel about scum like this." We can all agree on the first and at least relate on the second.

:thumbs

It's neither shocking or sickening. It is a straight up fact. A Muslim, with a bomb, inflicting terror is indeed a terrorist.

What about a Christian, with a bomb, inflicting terror? Or a Pastafarian? :dunno

Then they're a terrorist as well, it's not just strictly Muslim imo.

Stay tuned. The evidence at the moment sure looks like two nut jobs without ties to a terrorist organization. I do note the backpedal from "He was/is a terrorist" to "possibly have ties to a terrorist organization." Savvy move.

He still might have ties, no way in hell do I believe two individuals with no jobs can come up with the money to do this all on their own. Find a way to get back to Russia for 6 months on their own, the FBI can wrap up their investigation in 3 days with all the information necessary. We don't have all the information you should know that. What you see is being reported on by the press.....................an unreliable press I might add as they prove every single day. No, I don't think their is any conspiracy theory going on, I just don't think we know the entire situation.

Still a savvy move. We’ll see.

Yeah . . . it's probably less awkward saying that on a message board than it would be saying it in front of a jury, eh?

I'm saying attorneys are famous for thinking everyone should bow down to their superiority..............they don't know everything and it's easy to question decisions made when you have months to tear it apart. Try making a decision in a split second without your "resources"

I don’t believe I’ve ever come remotely close to saying that I know everything. It’s possible that you’re thinking of someone else. I also can’t recall saying anything similar to “everyone should bow down to [my] superiority.” Feel free to provide a link if you’ve seen otherwise.

“Resources?” Are you talking about books?

I am, the letters of commendation, awards, and phone calls my chief and city receive from citizens about me prove that.

Who are you trying to convince?

BRI, you're absolutely entitled to your opinion. I think the only reason you get negative responses is because people don't agree with it, and that's their prerogative, right? Specifically, they don't agree with it because they worry that if everyone shares that opinion, the government will be able to expand its powers arbitrarily which in the end hurts us all, because nothing will stand in their way.

I think that's a legitimate worry in the general, but I also think you clearly are able to separate rule of law and what you'd like to see happen to this guy, so it's really a non-issue here. At least it's maybe not one that should be personally directed at you.

I guess I should be more clear on what I think..............this guy, the one's involved with the 9/11 attacks, the one's involved in active shooting situations all over the United States...........don't deserve to breath another breath because they are worthless people who don't deserve a spot on this earth. I have ZERO patience or sympathy for anyone involved with the killing or injuring of innocent people that are guilty of nothing other than trying to carry on a normal life. To try and take this normal response towards these people and turn that around to make it seem like I can't think this way because I'm a cop or I can't have my opinion about these individuals and their rights doesn't sit well with me. I hate to see innocent people hurt just like most normal people do. I completely understand how important our rights as United States citizens are and cherish those rights just like the next citizen does. I have no doubt the courts will do the job that needs to be done and ultimately this individual will be put to death for his actions.

+1 to you both.

• Fire 1

What's the difference between a porcupine and two lawyers in a Porsche?

The porcupine has the pricks on the outside.

Two lawyers were walking down Rodeo Drive, and saw a beautiful model walking towards them.

"What a babe," one said, "I'd sure like to f*ck her!"

"Really?" the other responded, "Out of what?

• Fire 3

What's the difference between a porcupine and two lawyers in a Porsche?

The porcupine has the pricks on the outside.

Two lawyers were walking down Rodeo Drive, and saw a beautiful model walking towards them.

"What a babe," one said, "I'd sure like to f*ck her!"

"Really?" the other responded, "Out of what?

+1.

It's neither shocking or sickening. It is a straight up fact. A Muslim, with a bomb, inflicting terror is indeed a terrorist.

What about a Christian, with a bomb, inflicting terror? Or a Pastafarian? :dunno

Stop copying me Carl....gosh

And lawyers are just advocates for their clients, sure some are sleazebags, but they are just trying to do a job. I blame our judicial system/ Media more than the lawyers for how screwed up some cases go. Dont hate the player, hate the game....amiright?

Stop copying me Carl....gosh

Sorry about that.

And lawyers are just advocates for their clients, sure some are sleazebags, but they are just trying to do a job. I blame our judicial system/ Media more than the lawyers for how screwed up some cases go. Dont hate the player, hate the game....amiright?

Nah. Attorneys are real jerks.