Boy Scout New Policy

Again, as has been stated before numerous times through this thread, the BSA can set their membership anyway they want as the law stands today. If you, someone, doesn't like it, complaining to 6 people on Huskerboard will not change what is in place. nor are you going to change the minds or opinions of the people you keep arguing with.

If you have a problem with the BSA, you have basically 3 viable options: 1. Don't buy their popcorn. 2. Don't donate money to their organization, or join your children up or volunteer. 3. Contact someone in elected office and chew their ear off and try to get it changed in anyway you can.

But in the meantime, stop with the holier than thou attitude towards anyone who disagrees with you. It's tiresome.

1. See Bob Jones University vs US. Tax Exemption comes with some requirements.

2. My First Amendment Right to free speech gives me more options that you listed.

3. This from the guy who listed being a Muslim as 1 or the 3 factors that should be considered in deterining who is a terrorist.

Now, BSA should be able to make rules how ever they see fit for their organization. I don't see a big difference between them or a church. A church can make rules excluding gays or women or who ever they so choose can't be clergy in the church. Why can't the BSA?

I agree EXCEPT BSA isn't a Church and BSA isn't offered special protection under the first amendment. Private groups that don't get tax deductable contributions can also excluding gays, blacks, women or whomever they hate or feel are inferior to them.

I don't give a rip. I gave you my opinion on how I think it needs to be. Now, you can have your opinion and I can have mine. That's why this country is so great. BSA can go do what ever they want for all I care.

Fair enough. See Bob Jones University vs United States. The SCOTUS doesn't seem to agree with your position re: doing whatever they want.

How a person is raised doesn't seem to be a major factor in why someone is gay. That's what the science tells us.

Sorry but that is exactly the part of the statement that I was refuting. It's NOT how you were raised.

Nice contradiction.

Sorry if you don't like what I wrote but in both statements I am pointing out that I don't agree with knapp's post that states how a person is raised is a [partial, major, contributing, important, significate, (any weighting you want to give it)] factor.

Again, as has been stated before numerous times through this thread, the BSA can set their membership anyway they want as the law stands today. If you, someone, doesn't like it, complaining to 6 people on Huskerboard will not change what is in place. nor are you going to change the minds or opinions of the people you keep arguing with.

If you have a problem with the BSA, you have basically 3 viable options: 1. Don't buy their popcorn. 2. Don't donate money to their organization, or join your children up or volunteer. 3. Contact someone in elected office and chew their ear off and try to get it changed in anyway you can.

But in the meantime, stop with the holier than thou attitude towards anyone who disagrees with you. It's tiresome.

1. See Bob Jones University vs US. Tax Exemption comes with some requirements.

2. My First Amendment Right to free speech gives me more options that you listed.

3. This from the guy who listed being a Muslim as 1 or the 3 factors that should be considered in deterining who is a terrorist.

1. And yet they can do what they have been doing for years. So until it's settled across the US, it doesn't matter.

2. Anything beyond the 3 options I listed will not invoke change. You can ramble on in here all you want and it will not make a damn bit of difference.

3. I didn't make the list. YOU did.

Now, BSA should be able to make rules how ever they see fit for their organization. I don't see a big difference between them or a church. A church can make rules excluding gays or women or who ever they so choose can't be clergy in the church. Why can't the BSA?

I agree EXCEPT BSA isn't a Church and BSA isn't offered special protection under the first amendment. Private groups that don't get tax deductable contributions can also excluding gays, blacks, women or whomever they hate or feel are inferior to them.

I don't give a rip. I gave you my opinion on how I think it needs to be. Now, you can have your opinion and I can have mine. That's why this country is so great. BSA can go do what ever they want for all I care.

Fair enough. See Bob Jones University vs United States. The SCOTUS doesn't seem to agree with your position re: doing whatever they want.

Then file a law suit.

3. This from the guy who listed being a Muslim as 1 of the 3 factors that should be considered in deterining who is a terrorist.

I asked if it is a factor. You said it is.

3. This from the guy who listed being a Muslim as 1 of the 3 factors that should be considered in deterining who is a terrorist.

Nope. Sure didn't.

Nope. Sure didn't.

That post is in another thread for all to see.

http://www.huskerboard.com/index.php?/topic/64722-boston-marathon-explosions/page__view__findpost__p__1152204

ANYONE carrying a bomb terrorizing people is a terrorist. Religion or race be damned.

THAT is a MUCH BETTER answer than what you posted before. I think even YOU understand that.

I didn't write it to appease you. I did it because you clearly read into things how you want to. You asked a question in a specific way and I answered it directly. Never ask a question if you are not prepared to accept the answer. Insinuating that a person is a bigot or racist because you did not like the answer is cowardly.

• Fire 3

It doesn't occur to you, Someone that there is so much more under the overarching category of environment than just how you were raised. Whatever you're reading was conducted using bad science with the goal of making their point look true even though it's not true.

Like those Harvard economists.